Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
holy cow, killzone looks amazing. i wonder what the makers of halo are thinking
They are busy ****ting their pants.
Old 05-16-05, 08:52 PM   #86
|MaguS|

Default Re: PS3 Pics/Specs Leaked?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/r...quels_e305.asx

Wish they had a download option, I had this small screen.
Old 05-16-05, 08:55 PM   #87
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

interviews of guys from ign of the conference...
Quote:
May 16, 2005 - Here's what IGN PS2, PSP and PS3's dutiful editor-in-chief, Jeremy Dunham, thought of the massive Sony E3 unveiling.

What was the best part, Jeremy?
The game demos near the end. Specifically, the Insomniac and Fight Night presentations. Killzone also looked pretty damn cool.

What was the worst part?
The worst part was the intro. It started off real shaky and it looked like they weren't going to say much at all -- like they were just fluffing it. But once they started with the tech demos...man, it really took off.

Would you say you're sold on the system?
"Yes. Yes. Undoubtedly. One thing I didn't get to tell you was that you'll actually be able to use the PS3 like your own radio station and do your own broadcast with a camera. Yep. From anywhere, even."

What was shady about the conference?
"The only big question was how much of the game demos were rendered in real-time and how much were prerendered. It was never really explained what the situation was there, even at the end of the conference. But then the game demos that are possibly questionable did not look vastly superior to the ones that were obviously real-time, so it's really impossible to say if any of them are fake or real."

Oddities?
"Yeah, there were European journalists that tried to pick a fist fight with Ed. Funny stuff."
radio w/ camera, cool.

Quote:
What was the best part, Ed?
"Man, that's so hard to say. There were so many really, really impressive things going on in that conference, especially that last game, Motor Storm. It looked fantastic. And Fight Night was crazy, too. They also did this lighting demo on this woman's face and they showed the way it danced and played off everything -- amazing. And Killzone 2 also looks sick.

They do have a new controller though and it looks really small and...weird. I don't understand it all, but if the whole thing is really coming out this spring, that's fine with me."

What was the worst part?
"I think the Ubisoft first-person shooter didn't quite look as good as the other ones."

Would you say you're sold on the system?
"Oh yeah. I'm very much sold on it. Way more than I was on the 360, anyway. The showing was much more impressive in terms of my ideas about what a next-gen system should be. I mean, Sony even showed a killer Unreal 3.0 engine demo. I haven't really seen much of Gears of War, though, so it's hard for me to say definitively which one was better, but there it was, you know?

Don't be fooled, the PS3 was sick. It was all real-time. They even did this crazy rubber duck demo. Yikes. It works off a new EyeToy. They had a tub with a lot of water and a rubber ducky in it. Then the EyeToy inventor came out holding a green cup and a blue cup. Wherever he moved the cups, two digital glasses on the screen would move around the gameworld. So he has two real glasses and they are translated into two digital cups that he could dip into the bath tub (which was governed by real physics) and then realistically pour water into each of the cups. The bathtub water even waved realistically. It helped that everything being shown was running in 720p."

What was shady about the conference?
"Shady? Nothing really. Well... I guess the one thing they didn't really delve too deeply into was the media sharing concept and this whole "HD anywhere broadcasting" business. I was just too unsure of what they really meant by all of the buzzwords. You know, I also don't know what a game running on two HD screens at the same time will look like, given that there's that missing middle part, you know? But it could work like DS where one screen shows gameplay and the other shows a status menu or something. But I have no idea."

Oddities?
"Who the hell owns two HDTVs that they can hook their PS3 up to?"
read the bold words

Quote:
May 16, 2005 - Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk! Warhawk!

Excuse me. I got a little carried away there... Let me just clear my throat a bit. *cough* Okay, let's get some real opinions out there.

Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming! Warhawk is coming!

There. That's a good opinion. I think I just need to add one resounding hell ****ing yes to the article and then it'll be perfect.

Thank you. That is all.
haha
Old 05-16-05, 09:01 PM   #88
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

The killzone gameplay looked kick ass!
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:01 PM   #89
evilchris

I think the ATi chip in the XB looks more powerful, its EDRAM is going to make it a monster. I wish PC cards had that.

ebt you mentioned it was "only" 10MB. EDRAM cannot be compared to regular system/video ram =) Something with 256GB/sec bandwidth makes 1.2GHz GDDR3 *pathetic*.
Old 05-16-05, 09:03 PM   #90
|MaguS|

Um... the ATI max HD output is 1080i and it will be using the EDRAM to accomplish that... Nvidia will be able to output 1080p... hmmm
Old 05-16-05, 09:04 PM   #91
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
I think the ATi chip in the XB looks more powerful, it's eDRAM is going to make it a monster. I wish PC cards had that.
So far it doesn't look more powerful at all. On paper the NV30 looked more powerful but everyone knows how that turned out, eh?
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 09:04 PM   #92
oldsk00l

I wanna see what a GoW sequel would look like.

Old 05-16-05, 09:05 PM   #93
|MaguS|

But we have seen demos and shots that show games looking alot better then what was shown on the xbox 360... Hell many of the 360 titles look like slightly enhanced Xbox games, did you see DOA4? Looks awful for a next gen title...
Old 05-16-05, 09:07 PM   #94
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Um... the ATI max HD output is 1080i and it will be using the EDRAM to accomplish that... Nvidia will be able to output 1080p... hmmm

99% of HDTV's out there don't even support that mode, so you really should consider it useless imo.

I can't see people replacing $10k Plasma's so they can get 1080P. Most HDTV's also line double 1080i signals anyway so 1080p would provide nothing.

Cool bullet point I guess, but seriously, don't tout that as a "feature" =)
Old 05-16-05, 09:09 PM   #95
oldsk00l

Safe to say at this point guys, since it's like a chorus: the demos were FAR better than the 360's!!!
Old 05-16-05, 09:09 PM   #96
|MaguS|

It makes the system future proof for the next 5 years... I bet by next year when the console releases alot more tvs will support 1080p.

oh another neat info on the PS3...
Quote:
Speaking of video, Sony Computer Entertainment's Chief Technical Officer Masa Chatani was on hand to show off the PS3's panoramic video functions. Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room). Like a gigantic version of the Nitnendo DS, the dual digital outputs also allow for an extended game display, with the action on one screen and either game information or video chat on the second.