Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-16-05, 10:10 PM   #97
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Re: PS3 Pics/Specs Leaked?

I suggest you all watch the conference because its pretty cool. What they show so far.

-Tim Sweeney shows off the new unreal engine in real time.
-Nvidia shows off features of the GPU.
-Support for dual display.
-System is always on and can be remotely be accessed.

PS3 is going to be a monster. MS better has something hidden up there sleeves.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:10 PM   #98
evilchris

How do you figure XB 360 uses the edram to do 1080i? That makes no sense at all.

Xbox 1 supports 1080i.
Old 05-16-05, 10:11 PM   #99
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Did anyone notice the PSP thing on IGN? I think it means you can use the PSP screen as a wireless controller, and a screen at the same time, so imagine wireless PS3 gaming on the PSP!
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:11 PM   #100
|MaguS|

Yes but in 1080i the games take a performance hit, the EDRAM is there to buffer so there is no performance hit when they run it at such a high resolution and with AA.
Old 05-16-05, 10:15 PM   #101
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Yes but in 1080i the games take a performance hit, the EDRAM is there to buffer so there is no performance hit when they run it at such a high resolution and with AA.
1080i caused absolutely zero hit on the Xbox 1 and its measely 64MB shared architecture. The edram is there for more important reasons.

I'm being objective about the consoles btw. Your name says "Sony Wh0re" =) Are you really already sold based off a sheet of paper and a few demos?
Old 05-16-05, 10:18 PM   #102
|MaguS|

I just changed it after seeing the demos, yes Im totally sold on watching GAME DEMOS.

And there is a performance hit on the games that support it and actually look good.
Old 05-16-05, 10:19 PM   #103
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
1080i caused absolutely zero hit on the Xbox 1 and its measely 64MB shared architecture.
Actually it caused a HUGE performance hit. You gotta remember, only about 5 Xbox games supported 1080i. You know why? Because of the huge performance hit it caused obviously.

You don't believe me that only a few Xbox games supported 1080i? Well lookie here:

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 10:20 PM   #104
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I just changed it after seeing the demos, yes Im totally sold on watching GAME DEMOS.

And there is a performance hit on the games that support it and actually look good.
I remember early Xbox game demos looking far better than what the Xbox really ended up delivering.

There is no performance hit on any Xbox 1 games that support 1080i and 720p. I know this because I have played them all, literally.

Old 05-16-05, 10:21 PM   #105
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Actually it caused a HUGE performance hit. You gotta remember, only about 5 Xbox games supported 1080i. You know why? Because of the huge performance hit it caused obviously.

You don't believe me that only a few Xbox games supported 1080i? Welll lookie here:

http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm
Actually that's not "obviously" the reason. I've been a regular at hdtvarcade for 3 years now, don't need the link =)
Old 05-16-05, 10:21 PM   #106
GamerGuyX

Quote:
There is no performance hit on any Xbox 1 games that support 1080i and 720p. I know this because I have played them all, literally.
You idiot. The reason the games were playable in 720p and 1080i was because they were programmed to take advantage of the modes. Seriously though, if 720p and 1080i provided no performance hit then don't you think that they would of made a huge game like Halo 2 in 1080i? Of course they would of, but due to the peformance hit it caused they kept the game in 480p.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]

Last edited by GamerGuyX; 05-18-05 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-16-05, 10:23 PM   #107
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
You idiot. The reason the games were payable in 720p and 1080i was because they were programmed with it to take advantage of the modes.
Watch your mouth kiddie. This forum is for grown ups who can objectively debate. Just because I am not slobbering over a console that you don't even own like you are doesn't justify you calling anyone names. Grow up.
Old 05-16-05, 10:25 PM   #108
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Watch your mouth kiddie. This forum is for grown ups who can objectively debate. Just because I am not slobbering over a console that you don't even own like you are doesn't justify you calling anyone names. Grow up.
Is this how you act everytime your proven wrong?