Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-17-05, 05:06 PM   #25
vX

Default Re: The Revolution: Is fugly!

are they going to show any actual games for it @ e3? Or demo's, I mean.
vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 05:17 PM   #26
aaahhh52
gahboo?

Send a message via AIM to aaahhh52

Being able to play classic SNES games almost has me sold on it, i would love to play some classic mario, starfox, hell i cant even remember but the list goes on.

New Pc:
Gigabye k8n-SLI NF4
AMD x2 4600+
Evga 7900gs 256mb
1gb pc 3200
160gb SATA II
aaahhh52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 05:18 PM   #27
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
At least it doesn't look like a little kids toy from Fisher-price, like the Cube.
lol, actually I thought it looked like one of those plastic lunch boxes I used to take to school in the third grade.

I think the revolution will only be within nintendo's own ranks, where they become a software company.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 05:39 PM   #28
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
lol, actually I thought it looked like one of those plastic lunch boxes I used to take to school in the third grade.

I think the revolution will only be within nintendo's own ranks, where they become a software company.

why do people keep saying this???

sure maybe they "lost" this generation because they sold less consoles...but from a business stand point they won this generation because they made way more profits than Sony & Microsoft....

why would a company who is making that much profits just up and decide to go software only....

you people can bitch all you want about "OMG!!1!! Nint3nDO'5 so kidy....OMG!!!1!!" but they still make more money than all of thier competitors so i highly doubt they're going to just go software only.....
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 06:27 PM   #29
Zelda_fan

I like the idea of free downloads for old school games! If that feature comes out of the box, I will buy it for sure.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 06:51 PM   #30
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil
sure maybe they "lost" this generation because they sold less consoles...but from a business stand point they won this generation because they made way more profits than Sony & Microsoft....

why would a company who is making that much profits just up and decide to go software only....
Not really. Microsoft and Yahoo separately earn more than google does on their search engines. Yet in spite of being the least profitable however, google is still clearly the winner in that market. The reason why is because their reputation gives them a brand name that will keep them going for some time to come.

A lot of you guys keep making the mistake of believing that higher short term profits means more success. What it really comes down to is who is actually going to last longer. Nintendo's foothold in the market is steadily decreasing as it's slowly being pried away from them by microsoft and sony. They are not going to remain in the market for very long, and their pockets aren't as deep as sony's or microsoft's. They will have to find an alternative means of earning money.

Microsoft set out to stick their foot in the door with the original xbox even if it costs them an arm and a leg (but they have several arms and legs to spare,) and they have succeded in just that where many ninty fanboys predicted they would fail. They have definitely secured themselves a place in that market.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-05, 07:26 PM   #31
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs up Re: The Revolution: Is fugly!

Looks small and neat , much better then deformed 360 or PS3
Old 05-17-05, 07:35 PM   #32
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140623

Have you ever seen a worse looking console in your life? It looks like a standard CD ROM drive for the PC, but not quite as sleek.

Just eww...
As much as i love aerodynamic designs i have to disagree with you. The thing is so tiny that u could put it in your dvd rack lol. That in itself beats out all the other consoles.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-05, 08:00 PM   #33
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
As much as i love aerodynamic designs i have to disagree with you. The thing is so tiny that u could put it in your dvd rack lol. That in itself beats out all the other consoles.
they said the final design is gonna be smaller too.
Old 05-17-05, 08:18 PM   #34
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
This generation is more about technology than the previous ones.
I disagree with you completely on that statement, and I'm glad Nintendo has taken a stance against it. I'm sick of playing games with "uber" graphics and sucky gameplay which is the main reason I don't own a PS2. Good technology can add a lot of fun to games, but it all boils down to if the game is fun or not. Have you seen the trailer for the new Zelda? If they can get those kind of graphics for a gamecube, and the revolution is 3 times as powerful as the GC, I think the Revolution is just fine in the technology department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
Without good 3rd party support the Revolution is Doomed
I'll make the statement that Nintendo would probably be out of business if it wasnt' for their first party games. I buy their systems for the first party games, and I'm sure other's do as well. It is very rare that I find a 3rd party game that I feel is worth playing. When I do (Oblivion for instance) it is usually released for the PC as well and I find I don't really need a console version.
Old 05-18-05, 02:21 AM   #35
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
I'm sick of playing games with "uber" graphics and sucky gameplay which is the main reason I don't own a PS2.
That would be a better reason not to own a PC. The PS2 doesn't sell on its graphic prowess and hasn't for a while. It has brilliant games, in abundance. Sure it doesn't have nintendo first party stuff, but who wants Mario Party 7, Paper Mario 4, Mario Tennis 4 and a steadily worsening zelda franchise as the only thing to play? Sure they're good, but alone they don't make the console. Nintendo have no driving games, no sports games, no stealth games... They have this high and mighty "we are the bastions of innovation" and then release another mario game.

As to the design of the box, it really does look to me like a black cd-rom drive turned sideways.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 02:33 AM   #36
Am_I_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
a steadily worsening zelda franchise

Wind Waker was awesome....and this new game looks/sounds even better....
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote