Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-18-05, 04:47 AM   #37
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Default Re: The Revolution: Is fugly!

Wind Walker was good, but I'll freely admit the cartoony graphics tested my patience, IMO nothing stands up to OoT that nintendo have done since. Zelda:MM was another one that I got into but didn't have the patience to finish. OoT just drew me in and kept me.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 04:55 AM   #38
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

I think xbox 360 looks the ugliest by far. The ps3 and revolution look pretty sleek.
Old 05-18-05, 11:50 AM   #39
Slybri

So the big "revolution" is that you can buy games from the older systems online? I mean, I can hit ebay or the used game shop in the mall and get old games and systems. Heck, any Nintendo fan that hard core probably has all the old games he wants already.
AS far as the design goes, I think they were concentrating on making a system small enough to put in a mini-van so backseat kids could play Mario while the parents drive em to disney world.
Nintendo should just give up and start making Zelda and Metroid games for the PS3.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 11:57 AM   #40
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
So the big "revolution" is that you can buy games from the older systems online? I mean, I can hit ebay or the used game shop in the mall and get old games and systems. Heck, any Nintendo fan that hard core probably has all the old games he wants already.
AS far as the design goes, I think they were concentrating on making a system small enough to put in a mini-van so backseat kids could play Mario while the parents drive em to disney world.
Nintendo should just give up and start making Zelda and Metroid games for the PS3.

I think the revolution will be the controller which Nintendo has not showed yet. Just a guess.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 12:46 PM   #41
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
That would be a better reason not to own a PC. The PS2 doesn't sell on its graphic prowess and hasn't for a while. It has brilliant games, in abundance. Sure it doesn't have nintendo first party stuff, but who wants Mario Party 7, Paper Mario 4, Mario Tennis 4 and a steadily worsening zelda franchise as the only thing to play? Sure they're good, but alone they don't make the console. Nintendo have no driving games, no sports games, no stealth games... They have this high and mighty "we are the bastions of innovation" and then release another mario game.

As to the design of the box, it really does look to me like a black cd-rom drive turned sideways.

It all comes down to personal preference, but I wouldn't describe any game the PS2 exclusively has as "brillant." If I want to play Splinter Cell, NFS Underground, or NBA 2005 I'd just play them on my computer (which I infact do).
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 12:47 PM   #42
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
I disagree with you completely on that statement, and I'm glad Nintendo has taken a stance against it. I'm sick of playing games with "uber" graphics and sucky gameplay which is the main reason I don't own a PS2. Good technology can add a lot of fun to games, but it all boils down to if the game is fun or not. Have you seen the trailer for the new Zelda? If they can get those kind of graphics for a gamecube, and the revolution is 3 times as powerful as the GC, I think the Revolution is just fine in the technology department.

I'll make the statement that Nintendo would probably be out of business if it wasnt' for their first party games. I buy their systems for the first party games, and I'm sure other's do as well. It is very rare that I find a 3rd party game that I feel is worth playing. When I do (Oblivion for instance) it is usually released for the PC as well and I find I don't really need a console version.
Yeah, all the stuff you said.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 12:56 PM   #43
oldsk00l

No

The real revolution is that Nintendo has finally started paying attention to the adult mind. The intro to the game shows "Playa Mario" who's not a plumber anymore but a very suave and muscular italian body builder getting it on with Princess Peach (and we allll know what the Peach part means...something about eating a peach for hours...). We'll see some missionary, some doggy-style, etc.

What then happens is Pimp Koopa bashes the door in with his spiked shell and gold chains an such. He yells out "STUPID F'N HO', Pimp wants his DAYUM MONEH". He uses a taser on Mario right when he jumps up, and throws Peach over his shoulder while she's kicking and screaming like a prostitute.

Mario then awakens and says "Dat Pimp got on my **** list! I never miss a groove, and he gunna pay, and I WILL bust a nut on that hawt beotch" ....thus the adventure begins......
Old 05-18-05, 01:24 PM   #44
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
It all comes down to personal preference, but I wouldn't describe any game the PS2 exclusively has as "brillant." If I want to play Splinter Cell, NFS Underground, or NBA 2005 I'd just play them on my computer (which I infact do).
The Metal Gears, Devil May Crys [not 2], Final Fantasies....

The hell, I'm not even going to bother with you. My gamecube has been collecting dust since RE4.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-05, 01:36 PM   #45
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
The Metal Gears, Devil May Crys [not 2], Final Fantasies....

The hell, I'm not even going to bother with you. My gamecube has been collecting dust since RE4.
and none of those games intrest me in the slightest. Like I said it's personal preference.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 04:23 PM   #46
Am_I_Evil

oh noes people have different opinions....what a shocker....

honestly these arguments are getting old....everyone has a different opinion on what's good and whats not...and its not like sitting here arguing like little bitches is going to change anyones mind...

so instead of talking about how ****ty Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft are why not talk about the games/consoles you enjoy and quit whining about the things you don't....
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-05, 04:58 PM   #47
evilchris

What would be the point of that? We'd have to close the forum.
Old 05-18-05, 05:52 PM   #48
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
What would be the point of that? We'd have to close the forum.
that's actually not a bad idea . . . .
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3