Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-05, 02:21 AM   #13
gmontem

Default Re: XBOX360 HD Videos

e2dk link of the 1.7GB zip for those who use that p2p network.
Old 05-23-05, 02:52 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
There that more accurately describes the content of your flaming love for Sony.
And it accurately shows your complete idiocy. Either you are just stupid or have no life (or both), I don't understand your constant need to start crap in all your posts.

PeterJensen, I never said I hated DOA4. I personally love DOA and DOA2 but after that I thought the series became stale. While other Fighting series grew and have changed for the better, DOA stayed the same with all its flaws. Its fighting system is not as deep as others and also is too button smasher friendly.

All I stated that from what was currently shown DOA4 does not represent what I would expect a next gen title to look like, not only does it lack more detailed characters (Tekken 5s look better) but enviroment detail lacks simple features that are present in many current gen titles.

What DOA needs is a complete rehaul, they need to take less time working on the enviroments and work more on the fighting engine and character details. The enviroments are way to big for the game, the fights do not last long enough for you to even explore them. It would be different if you could have a truly 3D fight (Tobal or Bushido Blade style) but as it stands now you never see all that the levels have to offer in the fights.
Old 05-23-05, 12:55 PM   #15
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen
I dont get the hate against DOA4...ffs look at the backgrounds? It looks insanely sharp, clear and nice.
The rest of the videos is ****ing amazing no doubt about that, and its the real games, NOT some lame pre renderd video.
Killzone may have been prerendered but it was not lame
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 01:46 PM   #16
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek2
Killzone may have been prerendered but it was not lame
the first killzone was mediocre, what makes you think the same dev team is going to crank out a gem? Because of a prerendered movie? A SEGA CD could have played back the killzone2 movie, because thats all it was, a prerendered CG movie. Take a look at Ghost Recon 3 for xbox360 HD movie if you want to see what a real war game will look like in realtime on nextgen consoles.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-05, 01:49 PM   #17
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I don't know where you got the 33%, it's pretty pathetic still though even its running on a dev unit considering it doesn't look better then current Xbox games... so if its tapping anything over the current xbox power its surely isn't showing it.
From Microsoft
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615667p1.html

And its still far better than xbox1 quality even at 15% completion on an alpha devkit running at 33% of full power. DOA4 runs at 720p with 4xAA, XBOX1 can just about handle 480p with no AA. Not to mention the much more detailed backgrounds, much better texture detailed, and more interactive environments.

Quote:
I just can't wait to see what Team Ninja will be able to pull off on the PS3 since they have interests to develop on it (they are power *****s).
XBOX360 and PS3 have similar power. Look at any technical analysis techheads have done (or look at the specs for yourself) and that is the answer most have come up with. The rest is hype/fanboyism. Can we say Emotion Engine with Graphics Synthesizer? Or is that Cell with Reality Synthesizer, I forgot? Team Ninja will likely develop for both XBOX360 and PS3 just like they developed for XBOX and PS2, and both will most likely result in similar graphics based on the specs. However, the only games they have announced so far have been for XBOX360.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Last edited by Ruined; 05-23-05 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-23-05, 04:20 PM   #18
|MaguS|

IGN... You mean the guys who said a system is more powerful because it has more Transistors? Ya... I will believe them.... The Xbox can handle 1080i and 720p just fine as well as have AA (why do you think the system didn't suffer from jaggies).

Team Ninja became exclusive to the Xbox once it launched, the last game they created for the PS2 was Dead or Alive: Hardcore.

I don't know where people keep thinking the EE (and being compared to GPUs rather then CPUs sicne its not a GPU) was weak, Its actually very powerful but the lack of ram on it hurt developers and forcing developers to code in assembly hurt aswell.

The PS2s GPU is called the Sony Graphics synthesizer, It only had 4MB of Ram which we all know is not enough for high res textures and software AA (it couldn't do Hardware AA). This is what should be blamed for the PS2s lack of higher graphics, The Emotion Engine was the CPU and honestly was produced most of the graphics due to the SGs lack of ram. So most games were in ran on the CPU rather then a dedicated GPU.
Old 05-23-05, 07:31 PM   #19
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
IGN... You mean the guys who said a system is more powerful because it has more Transistors? Ya... I will believe them....
Anandtech posted the same thing, Rare said the same thing, etc. The games were running off powermac G5 alpha dev kits that are much slower than the final spec xbox. This is no secret, as its been reported everywhere. Devs should be receiving beta kits shortly.

if you were around during xbox1 launch, same thing happened - all the games at e3 ran with poor framerates and lower detail because alpha devkits were being used with much less power than the final product. People thought Halo looked like crap. Obviously when the console launched it was awesome.

Quote:
The Xbox can handle 1080i and 720p just fine as well as have AA (why do you think the system didn't suffer from jaggies).
You can count the number of 720p/1080i xbox games on one hand. Because it wasn't powerful enough to do games like Halo, DOA, etc at high res. And no, XBOX could never do 720p with 4xAA on a game like DOA. Even when XBOX did use AA it was only 2xQ, and some games that used it like Unreal Championship had it patched out in Live patches because it caused too much slowdown.

re: sony stuff, dont hijack the thread

Old 05-23-05, 07:40 PM   #20
|MaguS|

You do know that 4xAA, 8xAA 2xQA do not exist on consoles right? They run AA that is all, there isn't an option in the dev kits to select which setting you want to run like there is on your PC. The AA method is precompiled and hardcoded into the hardware.

As for titles in 720p, you much have alot of fingers on a single hand because I count over 30 and 6 that support 1080i.

Old 05-23-05, 10:41 PM   #21
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
You do know that 4xAA, 8xAA 2xQA do not exist on consoles right? They run AA that is all, there isn't an option in the dev kits to select which setting you want to run like there is on your PC. The AA method is precompiled and hardcoded into the hardware.
These are the specs of the XBOX's GPU:

NVIDIA XGPU
0.15-micron Process
233 MHz
4 Pixel Pipelines
2 Texels per Pixel Pipeline
8 Texels per Clock Cycle
4 Texture Layers per Rendering Pass (2 clock cycles)
0.93 Gigapixels per Second
1.87 Gigatexels per Second
3.73 Billion Anti-Aliased Samples per Second
Point, Bilinear, Trilinear, Anisotropic, Quadlinear Mip-Map Filtering
Perspective-Correct Texture Mapping
DotProduct3 Bump Mapping (DOT3)
Environment Mapped Bump Mapping (EMBM)
Cubic Environment Mapping (CEM)
Volumetric Textures (3D Textures)
Z, Stencil, Shadow, and Multisampling Buffers
S3TC and DirectX DXT1-DXT5 Texture Compression
Full-Scene Anti-Aliasing (2x, Quincunx, 4x)
32-bit Color (RGBA)
32-bit Z Buffer
Programmable Pixel and Vertex Shading Processors
2 Vertex Pipelines
233 Million Particles per Second
116.5 Million Polygons per Second
Triangle Tessellation
Z-Buffer Compression and Hidden Surface Removal (HSR)
1 Trillion Operations per Second (1000 BOPS)
80 GFLOPS

2xQ (Quincunx) is what is used by default on XBOX1 when AA is enabled in devkits, but it is not enabled on all games as you imply. There are even games that have 2xQ enabled for offline mode and no AA for online mode, like Unreal Championship.
http://www6.tomshardware.com/consume...4/xbox-04.html

XBOX360 will use 4x, from comments I've heard on all games, which is far superior.

Quote:
As for titles in 720p, you much have alot of fingers on a single hand because I count over 30 and 6 that support 1080i.
certainly a very small minority of XBOX1 games:
http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm
(note none of the DOA games support it, and with the exception of 2-3 games the ones that do support it are not graphically intensive)

Every XBOX360 game supports 720p.

So basically from the get go, you are going from:
720x480 with no AA or 2xQ AA (XBOX1/480p)
to
1280x720 with 4xAA (XBOX360/720p)

A big difference just to start with. And as I stated before, XBOX1 would choke on even DOA:Ultimate running at 1280x720 with 4xAA, nevermind DOA4.

Last edited by Ruined; 05-23-05 at 10:59 PM.