Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-05, 06:41 PM   #49
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
It's a game machine, they stated the PS2 was not a game machine either and that it would dethrone the PC and enable web browsing.

In addition, Sony is backpedaling since E3 after they saw Microsoft promoting the multimedia features of X360. Not until then did they start the ME TOO approach and talk about the wonderful things other than games PS3 will do such as "age" SD content into HD!!! LOL


Don't assume Sony's BS is true.
Yes, I know. Of course they are ganna wanna compete with X360's multimedia capabilities by claiming theirs is too

YOU on the other hand, have no reason to all to go off screaming "LET GAME CONSOLES BE GAME CONSOLES" when your eyes havn't opened enough to see that the consoles are evolving enough to be more than a gaming console, and past all your little fanboys rantings

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 06:53 PM   #50
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Yeah I'm a fanboy because I think Sony is full of ****. Kev, grow a sack and get the **** off my tip, punk. Don't start calling me a damn thing you little rat, you don't know me. Go hang yourself with your PS2 controller.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:03 PM   #51
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
Yeah I'm a fanboy because I think Sony is full of ****. Kev, grow a sack and get the **** off my tip, punk. Don't start calling me a damn thing you little rat, you don't know me. Go hang yourself with your PS2 controller.
I don't own a PS2, or a PS2 controller

I so however own an X-box and 4 controllers for that, but they have that nifty safety feature on them, so hanging myself with them might be too much trouble than it's worth

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:08 PM   #52
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Good point, excellent pre-operation planning.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:10 PM   #53
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
But just because Midway won't have any next-gen games ready in time for the launch of Microsoft's sleek new console does not mean they are eschewing the platform. "Midway is fully supporting the Xbox 360 and we have games in development at all of our internal studios," a rep told GameSpot.

In fact, contradicting reports on the Web that it is holding back on development until the Xbox 360 has a large enough user base, Midway has several projects in the works for the next-gen console. "We have no less than seven Xbox 360 games currently in development in our internal studios targeted for release in 2006-8," a Midway executive emphasized to GameSpot today. The rep also confirmed that 360 and PS3 versions of Stranglehold are in the works; previously the game had only been confirmed for "next-generation consoles."
'nuff said.
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:11 PM   #54
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Does anyone care about Midway? I don't need Mortal Kombat 19.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-05, 07:17 PM   #55
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
Does anyone care about Midway? I don't need Mortal Kombat 19.
Mortal Kombat aside, they did release several good games this generation, tho most of them bombed in the mainstream.

good games like:
Defender
Dr. Muto
Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2
Spy Hunter 1 & 2
Unreal Championship 2

they also made some mediocre time wasters like:
area 51
gauntlet dark legacy
NARC
Roadkill

tho you'd only have titles off the second list if you had a really big game collection, as they are not that great
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 08:06 AM   #56
Toss3
.<<o>>.
 
Toss3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,763
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda
There is no way your allowance will be able to get you both.

You're "impressed" with what you've "seen" on the PS3? That's hilarious considering there are no PS3's in the world!
Nor are there any xbox360's! So both Microsoft and Sony showed games that weren't running on their own console <=> Sony on the other hand showed us games with better graphics(noone can know if they showed in-game material, not even you steeda), so he can say that he was impressed.

And btw, how do you know that there aren't any Ps3s in the world? Are you working for Sony or something? Cuz' noone other than Nvidia or Sony can know for sure(except IBM and some game developers) if there are any Ps3s.
(I know I said there weren't any xbox360's either, but I also know that there might be some finished already)

So steeda I just want to ask you, why you're buying Microsoft's BS while you aren't buying Sony's? You cannot judge either one before they arrive :P and none of them have showed any in-game footage as of yet.

And Blu-ray is a welcome feature(IMO) of the ps3, even thugh I haven't got a HDTV compatible TV yet, but the next TV I'll buy will probably support it.
And developers like Square, might have use for the extra space. Remember, they usually make their games over ~100hours(if you want to complete it to 100%). And I'm pretty sure that FF X made use of all the space on a DVD and the graphics weren't that fantastic. So if they want to make FF XIII to look much better than FF X, with over 100Hours of gameplay 4Gbs just won't be enough.
__________________
: :Asus Rampage II Gene : : Core i7 920 4011Mhz : : 6Gb 1600Mhz A-Data DDR3 : : Club3D Theatron Agrippa : : Intel 80GB SSD : : 2xSamsung F1 750Gb : : Sapphire 5850 @ 850/1225Mhz : :
: :Benq FP241W : : Optoma HD80 Projector + 92" Screen : : Genelec 8020B speakers : : Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones : : Razer Lycosa : : Razer Lachesis : :
Toss3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-05, 08:40 AM   #57
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3
And Blu-ray is a welcome feature(IMO) of the ps3, even thugh I haven't got a HDTV compatible TV yet, but the next TV I'll buy will probably support it.
And developers like Square, might have use for the extra space. Remember, they usually make their games over ~100hours(if you want to complete it to 100%). And I'm pretty sure that FF X made use of all the space on a DVD and the graphics weren't that fantastic. So if they want to make FF XIII to look much better than FF X, with over 100Hours of gameplay 4Gbs just won't be enough.
XBOX360's Dual Layer DVD format holds 8.5gb, not 4gb. Final Fantasy X only took up 4.3gb on PS2. So if they made that game for XBOX360, they'd have double the room for FMVs. And remember, multi-disc is always an option if necessary - as was the case with Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX. At best with PS3 the extra space could be used for HD-quality FMVs instead of DVD-quality, but this is far less important than the default resolution the console renders at, which will likely be the same for XBOX360 and PS3 (720p) - since realtime rendering makes jaggies more apparent and SDTVs will even benefit from HD-rendering (unlike HD FMVs). After all, when was the last time you heard someone complain about DVD's video quality?
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 09:22 AM   #58
Toss3
.<<o>>.
 
Toss3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,763
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
XBOX360's Dual Layer DVD format holds 8.5gb, not 4gb. Final Fantasy X only took up 4.3gb on PS2. So if they made that game for XBOX360, they'd have double the room for FMVs. And remember, multi-disc is always an option if necessary - as was the case with Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Final Fantasy IX. At best with PS3 the extra space could be used for HD-quality FMVs instead of DVD-quality, but this is far less important than the default resolution the console renders at, which will likely be the same for XBOX360 and PS3 (720p) - since realtime rendering makes jaggies more apparent and SDTVs will even benefit from HD-rendering (unlike HD FMVs). After all, when was the last time you heard someone complain about DVD's video quality?
I was talking about DVDs not dual layer-DVDs but I still don't think 9Gb would be enough for a doom3 game @ over 100Hours. Multiple discs is an option, but I still prefer single disc games.. But yeah, the xbox360 and the ps3 will probably be equal I was just trying to make a point, that the Blu-ray techn. isn't an unnessecary feature ... and it's the next format, so why not include it? I'm not complaining, the more the merrier I'd say as long as the price stays at the 500$ mark! and people with TV's with very large resolutions will also benefit from the Blu-ray feature (probably less than 0.1% of the consumer market). It's ike saying wireless contollers are an unnessecary feature, they could just have included wired ones but still it's better with wireless!
__________________
: :Asus Rampage II Gene : : Core i7 920 4011Mhz : : 6Gb 1600Mhz A-Data DDR3 : : Club3D Theatron Agrippa : : Intel 80GB SSD : : 2xSamsung F1 750Gb : : Sapphire 5850 @ 850/1225Mhz : :
: :Benq FP241W : : Optoma HD80 Projector + 92" Screen : : Genelec 8020B speakers : : Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones : : Razer Lycosa : : Razer Lachesis : :
Toss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 11:28 AM   #59
Ruined
Registered User
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,447
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3
I was talking about DVDs not dual layer-DVDs but I still don't think 9Gb would be enough for a doom3 game @ over 100Hours. Multiple discs is an option, but I still prefer single disc games.. But yeah, the xbox360 and the ps3 will probably be equal I was just trying to make a point, that the Blu-ray techn. isn't an unnessecary feature ... and it's the next format, so why not include it? I'm not complaining, the more the merrier I'd say as long as the price stays at the 500$ mark! and people with TV's with very large resolutions will also benefit from the Blu-ray feature (probably less than 0.1% of the consumer market). It's ike saying wireless contollers are an unnessecary feature, they could just have included wired ones but still it's better with wireless!
But it wasn't an option for Microsoft anyway. There is no HD format or hardware available, HD-DVD is losing massive support, and when Blu-Ray (the likely HD format) does launch next year, who do you think is going to get the majority of the hardware, which will likely be hard to acquire. Sony's DVD players and PS3 when they made Blu-Ray, or their biggest competitor in the gaming field? Nintendo might have the option to use Blu-Ray as they are not a direct competitor to Sony and Sony might see giving them that option as a way to take away from XBOX360 sales. Not to mention with the high costs of making Blu-Ray discs when they first come out, most PS3 publishers will probably opt to go with standard DVD media anyway (which can be read by Blu-Ray).

Also wireless controllers are much more beneficial than blu-ray - they work for every game you play for every person. Blu-Ray on the other hand only benefits those with HDTVs, and those who have bought Blu-Ray movies, which there currently are none of.
__________________
We're all in it together.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 12:11 PM   #60
Toss3
.<<o>>.
 
Toss3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,763
Default Re: Midway to support PS3 at launch, but not Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
But it wasn't an option for Microsoft anyway. There is no HD format or hardware available, HD-DVD is losing massive support, and when Blu-Ray (the likely HD format) does launch next year, who do you think is going to get the majority of the hardware, which will likely be hard to acquire. Sony's DVD players and PS3 when they made Blu-Ray, or their biggest competitor in the gaming field? Nintendo might have the option to use Blu-Ray as they are not a direct competitor to Sony and Sony might see giving them that option as a way to take away from XBOX360 sales. Not to mention with the high costs of making Blu-Ray discs when they first come out, most PS3 publishers will probably opt to go with standard DVD media anyway (which can be read by Blu-Ray).

Also wireless controllers are much more beneficial than blu-ray - they work for every game you play for every person. Blu-Ray on the other hand only benefits those with HDTVs, and those who have bought Blu-Ray movies, which there currently are none of.
Yeah. but still corded controllers would have done the same job... but okey, u are right about the more beneficial part for most users

Hmm I was just wondering one little thing; will the Ps3 and Xbox360 games be developed so that you could change the resolution, by changing the TV outlet? So that games running on regular TVs would run faster, I mean it couldn't be very difficult to make the game run two or three different resolutions?
__________________
: :Asus Rampage II Gene : : Core i7 920 4011Mhz : : 6Gb 1600Mhz A-Data DDR3 : : Club3D Theatron Agrippa : : Intel 80GB SSD : : 2xSamsung F1 750Gb : : Sapphire 5850 @ 850/1225Mhz : :
: :Benq FP241W : : Optoma HD80 Projector + 92" Screen : : Genelec 8020B speakers : : Sony MDR-XB700 Headphones : : Razer Lycosa : : Razer Lachesis : :
Toss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaked Microsoft document details $299 Xbox 720 in 2013, Kinect glasses, OnLive acqui News Archived News Items 0 06-17-12 05:30 AM
30 million-track Xbox Music service coming from Microsoft News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 04:20 PM
Remastered Doom 3 BFG Edition Game Coming with Stereo 3D Support News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 05:30 AM
Official Detonator 40.xx Feedback Thread pelly NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 299 09-22-02 06:54 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.