Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-27-05, 06:31 AM   #13
Ruined

Default Re: XBOX360 Upcoming Games List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
is it exclusive when its coming to the pc also?
i guess you mean console exclusive
Not keeping up to date on the news are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team XBOX
Considering the strong roots Epic Games has to PC gaming, one of the first questions that the media asked when Gears of Wars was announced was if the game is coming to PC in addition to Xbox 360.

At E3, Cliff Bleszinski clearly stated that the game is an Xbox exclusive but later, in an interview with Eurogamer, J. Allard revealed that Gears of Wars wasnít an Xbox 360 exclusive, saying that the game is coming to both Xbox 360 and PC.

Mark Rein, Vice President of Epic Games, came to the rescue with an official comment on the subject. Hereís what Mark Rein said regarding Gears of Wars platform:

Gears of War is an Xbox360 exclusive. We're developing it specifically to take advantage of the power and features of the console. All of the work on Gears between now and when we ship is toward creating the ultimate Xbox360 game.

Could we, in the future, adapt Gears for Windows just as Microsoft did with Halо? Sure we could and, as you can see from J Allard's comments, Microsoft is clearly cool with that idea. But we're a long way off from thinking about that. Right now our only goal is to make Gears one of the "must have" titles for Xbox360 and judging by reaction to our relatively early showing at E3 we're well on our way toward achieving that. One major web site, 1UP.com, already voted us their Best Xbox360 Game in their Best of E3 roundup!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-05, 06:37 AM   #14
|MaguS|

Lets hope they get the performance up because the trailer at E3 ran horribly, Im waiting for this game. It looks sweet and the gameplay looks just as good...
Old 05-27-05, 06:43 AM   #15
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Lets hope they get the performance up because the trailer at E3 ran horribly, Im waiting for this game. It looks sweet and the gameplay looks just as good...
you know the alpha devkits were running at 1/3 speed. Performance will be no problem on final hardware. MS just chose to use realtime footage instead of prerenders like another certain game company. even if the realtime footage wasn't on hardware even close to the final hardware's speed yet

See if any of this sounds familiar from E3 2001:

http://www.gamecritics.com/feature/r...chi/page06.php

Quote:
As for the hands-on, eight-player deathmatch mode demonstration (between two Xboxes), not only was the animation embarrassingly choppy, but the overall graphics looked surprisingly N64-like. It seems as though most show-goers also failed to notice that the split-screen deathmatches were being played over two HDTV 16:9 plasma screens. Gamers should ask themselves, "Do I have this kind of hardware sitting in my house?" Not only is it highly unlikely that youíll have access to two widescreen HDTVs of that size and magnitude, but itís also unlikely that youíll even have two regular televisions big enough to host such an event. If Microsoft is hedging most of its bets on Halo, it better seriously think about folding its hand and cutting its loses.
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/print_content.asp?id=e32001

Quote:
On the other hand, there was Microsoft and its impressive marketing campaign. With all the hype about the X-box from MS, and after seeing what nVidia's hardware can do, I came in with sky-high expectations. In my personal opinion, the X-Box booth was a less than underwhelming experience. Most of the other convention goes that I spoke with echoed sentiments of disapointment with what amounted to the first public display of Microsoft's console. Their flagship game, Halo, was displayed in a four-way split screen (a la Golden Eye). The graphics were choppy and the resolution and detail obviously suffered from the split screen. Single player modes were being shown as well, but it was hard to see the visual differences between it and a game like Tribes 2.
http://www.gaming-age.com/event/2001/e3/18-81

Quote:
In the other corner sits Microsoft. The Xbox was set to make a splash at E3 but the software at the booth did not demonstrate what powerful next-generation software was supposed to do. The highly anticipated Halo attracted large crowds but wasn't as graphic-intense as its first debut. The Halo multiplayer mode was also on display and was slightly choppy to say the least. Azurik - Rise of Perathia looked fantastic in initial screens but was an embarassment at the show. The title was extremely choppy, paused, and froze at one point. NFL Fever 2002 is also not close to touching NFL 2K2 or Madden 2002. We'll have hands-on impressions on Xbox titles tomorrow, but the Xbox debut is quite lackluster.
etc. We all know who came out the most "powerful" this generation, and how Halo turned out

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Last edited by Ruined; 05-27-05 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-27-05, 07:00 AM   #16
|MaguS|

And I don't care, All I know is I saw it demo'd and it ran like crap. Like I said, Im waiting for this game but from what I have seen the game currently had poor performance (it ran smooth as butter on an SLI rig). I will be very pleased when the performance is bumped up but as of yet im sitting and waiting...

Dam, can't make a comment without being flamed...
Old 05-27-05, 07:05 AM   #17
Ruined

Quote:
And I don't care, All I know is I saw it demo'd and it ran like crap. Like I said, Im waiting for this game but from what I have seen the game currently had poor performance (it ran smooth as butter on an SLI rig). I will be very pleased when the performance is bumped up but as of yet im sitting and waiting...

Dam, can't make a comment without being flamed...
You got flamed because it was a nonsensical comment. Of course its going to run well on final hardware, just like Halo and all the XBOX1 games did. There is a reason it ran slow, as I've said many times, because the hardware at e3 was alpha kits at 1/3 final speed.

You don't see me going around saying "Man, I hope PS3 can run games in realtime and not just non-interactive movies!" or "I hope PS3 doesn't need to have two giant cards in SLI the size of a PC case!" Because obviously even if the games don't look exactly look like the prerenders or run like them PS3 will still be able to have realtime gameplay despite it not being showcased much at E3, nor was the hardware representative of the final product.

Old 05-27-05, 07:11 AM   #18
Ruined

Here are the ones I will most likely be picking up if they turn out good

Afterburner Next-Gen (SEGA)
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (EA)
Chrome Hounds (SEGA)
Frame City Killer (NAMCO)
Gears of War (Microsoft) **
House of the Dead 4 (SEGA)
Ninety-Nine Nights (Microsoft) **
Stranglehold (Midway)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3 (Ubisoft)

Omikron 2 (TBA)

Dead or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Virtua Fighter 5 (SEGA)
Halo 3 (Microsoft, 2006) **

Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft) **
Huxley (Webzen)

Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft) **
Sonic Next-Gen (SEGA)

Avalon (TBA)
Burnout: Revenge (EA)
Full Auto (SEGA)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft) **
Blue Dragon (Microsoft) **
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)
Lost Odyssey (Microsoft) **

Amped 3 (2K Sports)
NHL 2K6 (2K Sports)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
Top Spin 2 (2K Sports)

Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA)
Dead Rising (Capcom)

Old 05-27-05, 07:12 AM   #19
|MaguS|

Um all Xbox games ran smooth? Guess you didn't play Halo 2 or any of the KOTOR titles...

My comment was from what I witnessed and was hoping would get fixed by the final build. Not every game gets issues fixed when going from beta to final... Half-Life 2 anyone? The power of a system means nothing if the game itself isn't programed good. Take a look at Boiling Point, High End PCs are struggling with it and we can't even use the "It's a port" excuse since its not, or how about when BF1942 first released, remember how poor it ran and all the bugs?

Your comments are just as bad as mine since your declaring that every game will run perfect even without final hardware yet as you claim... there are plenty of games on all consoles that have issues even late in a consoles life. You speculate as much as I do so don't go around sounding so high and mighty.
Old 05-27-05, 07:14 AM   #20
Ruined

Quote:
Um all Xbox games ran smooth? Guess you didn't play Halo 2 or any of the KOTOR titles...

My comment was from what I witnessed and was hoping would get fixed by the final build. Not every game gets issues fixed when going from beta to final... Half-Life 2 anyone? The power of a system means nothing if the game itself isn't programed good. Take a look at Boiling Point, High End PCs are struggling with it and we can't even use the "It's a port" excuse since its not, or how about when BF1942 first released, remember how poor it ran and all the bugs?

Your comments are just as bad as mine since your declaring that every game will run perfect even without final hardware yet as you claim... there are plenty of games on all consoles that have issues even late in a consoles life. You speculate as much as I do so don't go around sounding so high and mighty.
The point is I don't go around declaring things or worrying about final performance like you do. Mainly because its obvious the game will run fine, just like all the E3 2001 games that ran like crap on XBOX1 ran fine when they launched on XBOX. In both cases, the hardware at E3 was nowhere near the power of the final hardware, and in both cases Microsoft chose to show off realtime gameplay instead of prerenders like Sony. Now drop the nonsense, you're derailing the thread.

Old 05-27-05, 07:35 AM   #21
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
The point is I don't go around declaring things or worrying about final performance like you do. Mainly because its obvious the game will run fine, just like all the E3 2001 games that ran like crap on XBOX1 ran fine when they launched on XBOX. In both cases, the hardware at E3 was nowhere near the power of the final hardware, and in both cases Microsoft chose to show off realtime gameplay instead of prerenders like Sony. Now drop the nonsense, you're derailing the thread.
see your declaring something you DONT KNOW. Im worry about the games performance because Im hoping for it to turn out as good as it can. This is a game that really caught my interest but when I saw its performance it scared me. I hope it runs at a smooth framerate. The game looks great and the gameplay at E3 Nvidia booth rocked (Go Nvidia!, NOT A CONSOLE JAB).

I will drop it now but its funny to see me get yelled at for defending PS3s presentation, yet its alright for you to defend 360s performance. Sure the 360 demos were running on lower end hardware but the PS3s was running on NextGen GPU (G70 or whatever its called). But lets drop it...

MS better announce a price soon though, Wana put the full down on the system and forget about it till launch, lol.
Old 05-27-05, 08:38 AM   #22
Clay

*Dumps water on this thread*

Please cool off guys, this stuff is hardly worth getting your panties in a wad over. There haven't been any personal attacks yet so just try to keep it that way.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 03:50 PM   #23
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Dead or Alive 4 - higher polygon counts! Higher kicking! More panty shots! Bouncier boobies!
LOL! Yea, and special unlockable skirts that kick up, revealing no panties! Rippable clothing in combat!

Anyway, this 360 is looking more and more exciting...and it's close to release! Well, in theory....

I think I'll buy a couple for the computer room, and get a couple widescreen monitors to go with them. My girlfriend loves games, and we multiplay relentlessly.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote