Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-08-05, 02:25 AM   #1
Aestivalisakito

Default Upgrade problems...AHHH HELP!

Okay so yeah I upgraded from the NVidia GeForce FX 5200 to the NVidia GeForce FX 5700 with the TV package stuff (forgive me I am a newb when it comes to this stuff so I bow down to you experts) I inmstalled it followed the directions allowed it to install the drivers all that but now sometimes when I restart my comp I get the blue screen of death! I thought that was gotten rid of in XP!! but it says an error has occured and all that and windows must be restarted and when I do its fine...okay this happens quite a bit. It also says something about "if a driver is accoisiated with this error please remove the driver " or something to that effect I am not quite sure. Also when I play in games like Counter Strije or Day of Defeat I have problems. the graphics are fine but it won't stay at 85 FPS when on my old 5200 it had no such problems. On the new card my FPS will hit 85 drop down then go back up and so on and so on and so forth. Anyway I don't know what I did wrong but I also went to Nvidia's website and got the new drivers so i dont think that is the problem ...any suggs? Any help is much appreciated I am starting to panic here!
Aestivalisakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 09:16 AM   #2
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Default Re: Upgrade problems...AHHH HELP!

Well since it BSODs on boot "sometimes" its a hardware problem. If you are overclocking, try it without. If your bios allows you to adjust your AGP and memory voltages try increasing them just a tad. Make sure you have proper airflow, and that the fan on the card is work etc. It may also be that your power supply doesn't have enough juice for your newer card.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 05:36 PM   #3
Aestivalisakito

No that is not it my power supply meets proper specs, no overclocking done (i dont do that) would not removing the old drivers cuase the problem? if so how do i remove ALL the old drivers safely? the last time i tried I had to do a rollback becuase it wouldnt allow me to log online (not sure why that was) even afterr installing the drivers from the CD any suggs? and what are the best drivers to get?
Aestivalisakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 06:06 PM   #4
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

I doubt drivers would cause an intermittent problem like that. But use drivercleaner (http://www.drivercleaner.net/) to uninstall drivers, and for the most stable drivers get the latest certified ones from nvidia.com

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote