Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-05, 02:50 AM   #145
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Battlefield 2 demo impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
LMAO

Yeah I know I'm an oddball using the num pad but I'm so used to it I don't feel like changing. It works well for me. Now if I could just get this demo to let me remap the keys how I want I'd probably actually sit down and play it.
You can remap it. You have to set the keys you want that are already mapped to open keys like \][';,./ Those are just some examples but they are always unmapped. Now you can use the keys that were mapped. It takes a bit of rearranging but you can set it up the way you want.

BTW I see the usual idiots are playing. I had a couple of TKs then when a new map started I hopped into a tank. Well one guy didn't like this so he started putting c4 on my tank. Then another guy got infront of me that didn't want me to leave, even though I was waiting for a gunner. Well I decided to leave but they wouldn't mmove so I ran them over. The admin then kicked me for excessive TKing. I really hate stupid kids who cry when they don't get into a vehicle.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 03:51 AM   #146
Roliath

Default Re: BF2: Impressions/Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nIghtorius
if you have an AGP card.. try setting your aperture size to 256M.. fixed all my studdering problems.
okay doing that helped somewhat.
Shouldn't my system be able to play it with everything on high? this game is very taxing on hardware. I'll turn down the resolution, and try 2xAA instead of 4xAA and see if that helps.
I really like it though!
Old 06-12-05, 07:24 AM   #147
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
What planet are you from? kidding
I understand the reaction/joke, but some people are left handed and use numpad. Others like myself use WAXD so they don't have to move their fingers as much so as to reduce reaction time.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 07:41 AM   #148
npras42
Hi Everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
BTW I see the usual idiots are playing. I had a couple of TKs then when a new map started I hopped into a tank. Well one guy didn't like this so he started putting c4 on my tank. Then another guy got infront of me that didn't want me to leave, even though I was waiting for a gunner. Well I decided to leave but they wouldn't mmove so I ran them over. The admin then kicked me for excessive TKing. I really hate stupid kids who cry when they don't get into a vehicle.
I've noticed the same people. Its worst on the Carrier. I see a queue of people waiting for the planes to spawn and when they do the person that gets in instantly has packs of C4 attached to him in the dozens. Then he takes off, travels about 100 metres and is blown up and crashes!

It just seems pointless.

Also, I dont know if this is on purpose but are the USMC meant to have an advantage? I hardly ever see the MEC win. In every game I've played its like 9/10 wins for USMC.
npras42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 07:45 AM   #149
|MaguS|

Yes the USMC is suppose to have the advantage, the MEC need to work together or they will get stomped. Seems like the put a strong teamplay element into the game.
Old 06-12-05, 07:58 AM   #150
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan
I have 2 OCZ EL PC 3200 dual channel 512mb ram modules with 2,3,2,6 timings in now. I put in 2 Siemens 256mb PC3200 ram modules with 3,3,3,6 timings that I had laying around along with the other ram for a total of 1.5gb just so I could see what differenc eit makes in BF2. The difference was pretty great with absolutely no lagging. When I just had the 1gb in I had everything turned to high except lighting was on medium and 4xAA and it was pretty smooth. If I turned lighting up to high it was laggy though. After putting in the other ram I could turn up the lighting to high and get smooth play.
Ok now the question. My board knocks down the mem speed to 133 instead of 200mhz when all 4 slots are filled with double sided memory. i ran the sci sandra test and got about 4500 on the mem bandwidth test where before I got 6250. CPUZ and Sandra say the ram is still running in dual channel but i guess the reduced frequency really hit it. Anyways i benched doom 3 and the CSS VST and with just the 1gb before I was getting 68.8 in Doom 3 and 93 in the CSS VST. With the added memory I got 67.7 in Dooom 3 and 92 in the CSS VST. Do you guys think it is worth it to leave the new added memory in or take it out for a small boost in speed?
im going for 2x2Gb dual channel kit on my next build @ the end of next year.
Old 06-12-05, 08:00 AM   #151
Superfly
Retired

anybody else notice Creative's bew X-Fi chip has got some settings reserved for it in the audio options??!!

ie: ultra high quality and sampling rate.

nice!!! I want one.

Last edited by Superfly; 06-12-05 at 08:22 AM.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 09:38 AM   #152
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
You can remap it. You have to set the keys you want that are already mapped to open keys like \][';,./ Those are just some examples but they are always unmapped. Now you can use the keys that were mapped. It takes a bit of rearranging but you can set it up the way you want.
Try this for me. Try and make num8 your forward movement key. It says that it is already mapped to a common key, but I cannot find the duplicate in order to "unlock" it. It won't cooperate... And I checked around and I cannot for the life of me find where the key is already mapped.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-05, 09:44 AM   #153
OWA

I had an issue like that when trying to make the middle mouse button move me forward. It gave me the duplicate error. I just tried it a couple of more times and eventually it took the change.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 10:41 AM   #154
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Try this for me. Try and make num8 your forward movement key. It says that it is already mapped to a common key, but I cannot find the duplicate in order to "unlock" it. It won't cooperate... And I checked around and I cannot for the life of me find where the key is already mapped.
what i did was made a backup of the default control.con file, then i deleted the original

i then went into BF2 and set up all controls without hassle, but in game menues wouldnt work, so then i copy some old entries from the original con file and it all works great now
Old 06-12-05, 10:46 AM   #155
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly
anybody else notice Creative's bew X-Fi chip has got some settings reserved for it in the audio options??!!

ie: ultra high quality and sampling rate.

nice!!! I want one.
Yeah i was wondering the same thing .. whats that X-Fi chip anyway ? .. never heard of it

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 12:16 PM   #156
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

You've never heard of the X-Fi chip?? Thats the new creative soundcard thats coming out... gonna be a HUGE improvement over the Audigy2's... Its going to be a "true" audio processor... something like 400MHz for the SPU