Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-05, 11:33 AM   #157
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Battlefield 2 demo impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Try this for me. Try and make num8 your forward movement key. It says that it is already mapped to a common key, but I cannot find the duplicate in order to "unlock" it. It won't cooperate... And I checked around and I cannot for the life of me find where the key is already mapped.
It is there, trust me. This is the same set up as BF1942. Those of us who did play BF1942 are used to this. I have done it many times my self, I take 5 minutes to find the duplicate key. Eventualy it was something simple.

Here is the best solution that I used in BF1942. I would set everything that had a letter associated to it, to unassigned. I haven't tried this with BF2 but I will look into it. There is alwasy reset if ya bork it up to much.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 11:40 AM   #158
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Well guys, I never liked the first battlefield... I just never really got into it. That being said, I am addicted to this like a kid on crack... hehe
What class do you guys like to play in most? I'm usually assault.. hehe, the alternate grenade launch is just yummy
Old 06-12-05, 12:03 PM   #159
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

i like all classes except medic and support.

i need to get more memory. this game is raping my 512 >_<
Old 06-12-05, 12:25 PM   #160
Buenamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Well guys, I never liked the first battlefield... I just never really got into it. That being said, I am addicted to this like a kid on crack... hehe
What class do you guys like to play in most? I'm usually assault.. hehe, the alternate grenade launch is just yummy
jakUp, if u'd like you can join me and my clan members on our gamecomm and play in squads with us. That's where the fun really is. If you'd like to join just PM me.
Gaming PC: KOOLANCE PC3-410BK / SILVERSTONE ST70F 700W Modular / Q6600 G0 @ 3.2 / Swiftech Apogee GT Block /Asus P5Q Pro / 2x2gb 1066 G-Skill / EVGA GTX570 / 2 x Asus VH242 1080p monitors / Audigy Xi-Fi Platinum / Seagate 160gb HDD / Seagate 500gb HDD

Laptop: Inspiron 1520 15.4" LCD/ Intel Core 2 Duo 7300 (2ghz) / 2 gb RAM / 8600m GT / 80gb HDD / N Wireless / Blue Tooth

Media Center: AMD 4400+ / 2 gb OCZ Platinum / EVGA 9800gt / Audigty 2ZS / 42" LG 1080p 120hz / 3 x 1.5tb HDDs

Xbox 360 / Wii
Buenamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 12:29 PM   #161
Superfly
Retired

Quote:
spec opps or anti tank - which works rather well against troops hehe.

and your a git Jakup - I just went and ordered an extra 1Gb of ballistix.

bring on the NVNews 2gb RAM club (which actually cost more than my 6800GT)!!!!!!!!!!

oh well the sacrifices we make to play in total smoothness.
Old 06-12-05, 12:40 PM   #162
anzak

Bah! I don't know who to blame, creative or dice! After enabling hardware accelerated sound on my Soundblaster Live 24bit every sound effect in the game took on a whole new level of realism and it made the game run silky smooth. The only problem is now the voice commands like "enemy infantry spotted" skip. Its annoying as hell too "in-fan-try *long pause* spo-tted". I have latest x64 drivers for my sound card.

I play special opps btw.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 12:42 PM   #163
anzak

double post
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 01:04 PM   #164
Superfly
Retired

the readme states that the soundblaster live series does NOT support HW acceleration.

only audgy series and the new x-fi chip.

try software mode.

Old 06-12-05, 01:23 PM   #165
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
You've never heard of the X-Fi chip?? Thats the new creative soundcard thats coming out... gonna be a HUGE improvement over the Audigy2's... Its going to be a "true" audio processor... something like 400MHz for the SPU
Ah thanks for the info ... i'll keep an eye on it esp for this game. it really deserves the RAM & the audio card upgrade IMO.

Quote:
I play assault too & sometimes support. i find the sniper inaccurate in BF2 .. it takes lots of shot to take someone down even if you aim for the head.
the idea of healing the wounded is great too so it would be nice to be a medic .. i mean saving human lives & all that crap

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 01:44 PM   #166
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

I noticed on installation it said the game hasn't been tested on Win2k. Obviously not, as it crashes instantly.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 01:50 PM   #167
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
I am addicted to the SAW, so support is where I am usually at. We had a group of Marines attack from the fence by the crane flag. I was up in the building laying down suppresion fire while a assault group routed them out. Just as we started to clean them out another group attacked from the hill. It was pretty well planned. I saw tracer fire from the hill and adjusted to their position. There were 5 of them by a tree advancing. My suppression fire haulted their attack so they went prone. Then as my assault group respawned they when up there and cleaned them out. That is the way to play this game. If you have a person on the SAW that realized they are for the most part staionary and not assault you can really give the enemy a hard time if not stop them all together.

I simpley love this game when people play as a team. I really want to get into a nVN clan here with people who want to play as a squad.

If you guys are intrested my MS Messenger account is udawg71@msn.com

I have a Team Speak server up we can talk from to cordinate our play. I will post that information if people are serious about doing this.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 01:50 PM   #168
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Anti tank

I just like to blow things up
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote