Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-30-05, 02:35 PM   #445
jolle

Default Re: ~ Official Battlefield 2 [Retail] Feedback! ~

Its been said before.. but still..

ARGHHHH!!! GODDAMNIT!!! WHY MUST I SIT WITH THAT FRIGGIN SERVERBROWSER FOR HALF AN HOUR BEFORE A SLOT OPEns UP ON A RANKED SERVER!!!!!

its really quite annoying..
Old 06-30-05, 02:43 PM   #446
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
Its been said before.. but still..

ARGHHHH!!! GODDAMNIT!!! WHY MUST I SIT WITH THAT FRIGGIN SERVERBROWSER FOR HALF AN HOUR BEFORE A SLOT OPEns UP ON A RANKED SERVER!!!!!

its really quite annoying..
I almost never have to wait for a ranked server.

Just randomly join a server even if the browser says it is full. It take a few time but you will get into one. Just because it says its full doesn't mean a slot hasn't opened up. I longest it has taken me was 8 tries. Remember the server browser only refreshes when you tell it to. So just click away and you will get into a game fairly quickly.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 02:47 PM   #447
jolle

tried spamming myself into servers, but with limited success..
Its really a shame, cause once your in, its fun.
Just takes such time, and the browser is all sluggish at times, and will eventually crash (apparantly hehe)
And with the Ranking system, it feels a bit pointless to play on nonranked servers.. even tho that is equally fun for the time being..

Perhaps there are less EU servers then US?
Old 06-30-05, 02:58 PM   #448
UDawg
Retired spammer

I hear ya, it is frustrating but that is the best answer I can give since it has given me the most success.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 05:14 PM   #449
jolle

Wrote down the IP (suprise! NO FAVORITES LIST!! hehe) of a server that was nice, no idlers and good ping..
After I posted here last time, I got in there on my first try (connect to IP).
that rocked.. didnt have to pull my hear or grind my teeth at all!

Ill be sticking to that one as long as I can get in now hehe.
Old 06-30-05, 05:42 PM   #450
mukkyman

Hi i got abit of a issue with the air control button setting for my joypad.

my joypad has two analogue stick, in bf1942 i use the left stick to control pitch up down and roll left right, then i used the right one for the rudder.

now for bf2 i can only use one stick for one thing i.e. the left stick i can only use pitch up and down and then when i try to ask it to roll left or right it says the button is in use or somet.

is their a tweat or somet so i can sort myself out thanks lads.
GFX|BFG 7800gtx oc 256
COOLING|Thermaltake Big Water 120mm rad fan
mukkyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-05, 09:16 PM   #451
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Didn't see this yet...

Quote:
Update 1.01 Coming Soon
That's right, the first Battlefield 2 Update is coming your way very soon. We've kept quiet about this update so far, but today we're going to reveal the major fixes coming with the Update. The best part is, every fix in this update is a result of Community feedback on the demo and retail game release.

Fixes

-Fixed issues that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

We've added some new functionality and buttons to the Multiplayer Browser that make finding an open game of Battlefield 2 much, much easier. Issues users have encountered involving zero ping servers or browser hangs have all be addressed.

-Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Some functions previously were not available to be rebound in the Controls Options menus. These items have been added to make rebinding of functions much easier.

-Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Users who rebind the Left Mouse Button to "Move forward" rejoice!

With these fixes and more, it should be much easier to get in to a game of Battlefield 2 and that much easier to play it the way you want to play it. Look for this update to be deployed into battle some time next week!
http://www.eagames.com/official/batt...yupdate_063005
Old 07-01-05, 10:53 PM   #452
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
There not even addressing any "gameplay" bugs/issues (friendlies with red tags comes to mind), I hope there including more in the patch. However it is nice to see them come out with a patch so soon. So I give them credit on that.

Old 07-03-05, 09:35 AM   #453
Mudcrutch

Default Re: ~ Official Battlefield 2 Feedback! ~

let me fix EA's statement:

"Update 1.01 Coming Soon

That's right, the first of MANY Battlefield 2 Updates is coming your way very soon. We've kept quiet about this update so far because there where a ton of easily fixable problems that we had to skip out on because we were rushed to release the game. Today we're going to reveal some major fixes coming with the update that should've been included in the game. The best part is, every fix in this update is a result of Community feedback on the demo and retail game release. And, the worst part is that everyone has to wait for numerous patches before even some of the most annoying issues are addressed."
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 12:08 PM   #454
Gnu_Raiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
And with the Ranking system, it feels a bit pointless to play on nonranked servers.. even tho that is equally fun for the time being..
I agree in order to get the higher classes, and better weapons you need rank. FWIU once you have some rank then it would not be a big deal to play on some unranked servers, as long as you are able to have your weapons, and higher rank.

One thing I did notice is that in ranked servers you are less likely to have TK's, yes you still get those annoying people running out in front of you stuff. But at least I don't have to worry about getting blasted because I have a plane, or tank, or something. So the spam level is less, but like everyone else I usually play on the 32 player maps or lower, most of the 64 player maps I am unable to connect too.

Gnu_Raiz
Gnu_Raiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 12:20 PM   #455
Gnu_Raiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcrutch
let me fix EA's statement:

"Update 1.01 Coming Soon
<snip>

Thats funny, I totally agree I hate to be a beta tester for a game I have paid for. I guess most of the problems won't be fixed until patch 3 or patch 4. Its a fun game, but come on EA needs to give something back to the community for all the money they will make off of BF2.

I think they need to realease some new map packs for free, kind of like what happened to UT2004, or at least sponsor a few maps, I bet in a few months people will be sick of the current maps, how many people are sick of Gulf of Oman.

So what are peoples favorites maps right now? What is the worst map right now? Does anyone hate the fog, my graphics card makes it look kinda like black and white at a far distance, so for me any map with fog has got to be the worst map, its so bad I did not even bother to remember its name.

Gnu_Raiz
Gnu_Raiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-05, 03:35 PM   #456
Roliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnu_Raiz
So what are peoples favorites maps right now? What is the worst map right now?Gnu_Raiz
Favorite Map so far is Strike at Karkland, (or something like that) The one that's in the city. We need more maps like this too.
Worst Map so far is Kubar Dam, hate that damn map.