Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-10-05, 10:49 PM   #1
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Question Pricegrabber widget.. slow loading nvnews

Is it just me ( and my ISP ) or does the little Pricegrabber price list slow the frontpage load to seahorse like speeds, been averaging about 18-15 sec's to load the page because of that thing. Any workarounds for that?
Old 06-11-05, 01:45 AM   #2
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel
Default Re: Pricegrabber widget.. slow loading nvnews

same has been happening here. i think it's because it's not being hosted at nvnews.net. the problem is though, the rest of the page wont load until that is finished loading :'(

edit: slows the forums down a lot for me, even sometimes it will give a timed out error and refuse to load the rest of the page.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-05, 02:00 AM   #3
Clay

Yes, Mike is aware of this but like Kamel says it's not the nV News server at issue but Pricegrabber's.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 02:44 PM   #4
Son Goku

I was about to post something about this... Would it be possible to pull it onto your server till they get this solved, or something? It's putting a bit of a delay on the loading of every forum page...
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 02:50 PM   #5
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Loads instantaneously for me. I wonder if it might also be browser specific? Or if there are updated needed to make it load faster?

FWIW, I love the add-on

Hopefully you'll have more things on a rotating basis showing in the price list eventually but I love the current setup.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 03:20 PM   #6
Son Goku

OK, thanks saz, that might help narrow things down for all of us. What browser do you have, and what browser do other's have.

It's lagging up the load of the web site on Mozilla 1.7.2 here...
Old 06-12-05, 04:00 PM   #7
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I think it is brower specific Sazar. IE loads it fine with no problems or wait, while FireFox slows down and has to load up that section first.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-05, 04:04 PM   #8
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfEvil
Is it just me ( and my ISP ) or does the little Pricegrabber price list slow the frontpage load to seahorse like speeds
Its not you .. i'm having this slower loading time too with this new pricegrabber banner

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-05, 07:28 PM   #9
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
I think it is brower specific Sazar. IE loads it fine with no problems or wait, while FireFox slows down and has to load up that section first.
By George, I think you guys got it. Best I can guess, it must have something built in that uses a feature present in the Mozilla/IE code base (a tad annoyingly) which IE doesn't support... Course IE 6 is the older browser.

THX, until this gets resolved, I can just use IE to browse here...got both browsers on my comp
Old 06-13-05, 12:10 AM   #10
Roadhog
Resident Alien

yes, it is making NVnews load much slower for me
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 09:54 AM   #11
MikeC
Administrator

It is not the pricegrabber ads that was slowing us down it was the E3 video's. A forum had linked to them and they were being downloaded at a large volume. I had to take them off the server for a while.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 03:48 PM   #12
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

i can provide a mirror with a 60gb/month quota if you like. it wont be able to handle all of the traffic, but it may illeviate some load.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote