Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-17-05, 09:19 PM   #1
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Unhappy I Bricked My PSP!

I dropped it...

This time I dropped it on a wooden floor while it was still in its pouch. It fell with a quiet "thump". I didn't think anything of it, but I got to switch it on and the whole screen is cracked into many pieces from a point near the top left.

Thing is I dropped it before, without the pouch, on a tile floor, and it was fine. I guess it just depends on what angle it hits the floor at.

Doh!

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 09:38 PM   #2
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Default Re: I Bricked My PSP!

Thats great news, now your out $250.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 09:40 PM   #3
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Anyone wanna buy a 1 gig memory stick, and a set of spare PSP accessories (charger, headphones, battery etc) ?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...774#post632774

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-05, 02:25 AM   #4
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

damn man, sorry to hear bro >_<
sucks to hear stuff like that.

but umm... i have to ask, where did you get yours from?
i got mine from ebgames with the like 1 yr warranty or w/e, and i think i can still take it back even I damage it. im not sure on that, ill have to check.
Old 06-19-05, 12:18 AM   #5
Kamel
Hardware Mass Murderer

Send a message via ICQ to Kamel Send a message via AIM to Kamel Send a message via MSN to Kamel Send a message via Yahoo to Kamel Send a message via Skype™ to Kamel

i've broken countless things this way

my favorite pocket organizer/scheduler i broke by it being in my pocket and me leaning against a chair ever so slightly. i felt a pop in my pocket, but i had no idea what it could have been. open the screen to find the horror that it was dead =\.

oh well, that happens. that's a lot of the reason why i don't want to get anything handheld. it's too fragile and volitle for a hardware abuser such as myself.
hardware murdered so far: geforce 5900u, deceised: sat on it. geforce 6600gt deceised: improperly mounted heatsink. 3 asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboards, deceised: unsure. mobile amd xp2600 processor, deceised: chipped core due to compusa heatsink. dfi lanparty ultra b, deceised: unsure, third memory bank went out. samsung cd burner 48x40x48, deceised: unsure, will only read pressed cd's very slowly. samsung TH552C dvd burner (dual layer), deceised: same as other samsung . 10gb seagate 5200rpm drive, deceised: tried fixing a pin that was pushed into the drive by inserting an ide cable upside down. 40gb maxtor drive, deceised: maxtor manufacturer. 80gb western digital, deceised: unnatural causes. swan xt10, deceised: brutal pre-meditated murder, even video taped (it wasn't y2k compliant). logitech mx510, deceised: death by electricution. ati remote wonder, deceised: death by electricution.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 12:39 AM   #6
aaahhh52
gahboo?

Send a message via AIM to aaahhh52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel
i've broken countless things this way

my favorite pocket organizer/scheduler i broke by it being in my pocket and me leaning against a chair ever so slightly. i felt a pop in my pocket, but i had no idea what it could have been. open the screen to find the horror that it was dead =\.

oh well, that happens. that's a lot of the reason why i don't want to get anything handheld. it's too fragile and volitle for a hardware abuser such as myself.
Hah that happened to me with a Palm i had, it was the schools and every person in this math class got one for the semester, well one day i smashed mine ( i think i was leaning against a coutner) i was so worried i was gonna have to pay for it, so i brought it to the teacher and he was like, oh geese you put it by a magnet didnt you? And i was like yes....thats it a magnet....luckily it was cracked in a way that it looked like it had been magnitized so i played stupid and got another one without having to pay anything.

*i also learned from that experience, so when i bought my dell axim pocket pc i was sure to buy the rhino hardskin case made out of aluminum, i've dropped bumped and banged that thing so many times and its still in perfect condition.

New Pc:
Gigabye k8n-SLI NF4
AMD x2 4600+
Evga 7900gs 256mb
1gb pc 3200
160gb SATA II
aaahhh52 is offline   Reply With Quote