Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-21-05, 09:41 AM   #1
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Unofficial Guild Wars Build Suggestion Thread

I have seen all around the web, other people's ideas of what character build is best in Guild Wars, and which ones aren't any good. I am a firm beilever of every build can be useful, it just depends on what role you want to play.

The purpose of this thread is to extract anyone's ideas of their useful build, or talk about a build that didn't allow them to approach the came as they would have liked.

Also, for those who have ascended, did you change your secondary class? If so, would you mind explaining? This way, people like me who are finding less and less use for my secondary class can have an idea of what might compliment my primary.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 09:45 AM   #2
zoomy942

Default Re: Unofficial Guild Wars Build Suggestion Thread

okay, my build is a Fire Ele/Death Necro. The role i enjoy is dealign as much damage as fast as possible and disabling the enemy. For most of the game, i would raise undead minions in an effort to keep the enemy grouped together while i AoE'ed them. As i have progressed, I find that my necro minion skills are not as useful because i am able to deal alot more damage.

I am having a tough time deciding what class to choose once i ascend. but i will say that anyone thinking of benig a caster, choose the elementalist. having Energy Storage as an updating attribute is great. I have a ton of energy.
Old 06-21-05, 12:45 PM   #3
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
okay, my build is a Fire Ele/Death Necro. The role i enjoy is dealign as much damage as fast as possible and disabling the enemy. For most of the game, i would raise undead minions in an effort to keep the enemy grouped together while i AoE'ed them. As i have progressed, I find that my necro minion skills are not as useful because i am able to deal alot more damage.

I am having a tough time deciding what class to choose once i ascend. but i will say that anyone thinking of benig a caster, choose the elementalist. having Energy Storage as an updating attribute is great. I have a ton of energy.

My Warrior/Monk at this time: LVL 16

Healing - 8
Smiting- 3
Strength- 7
Swordmaship- 10 (8 +2 with runes)

Skills:
Sprint: Move 25% faster for 11 seconds
Sever Artery: Foes Bleeds for 18 seconds
Gash: foes takes 8 points of damage and looses 20% health fo 15 seconds
Galrash Slash: does +27 damage
Final Thrust: does +27 of damage, if foe is less then 50% health it does +54 damage
Baltazars Spirit: get energy and adrenaline each time I take damage- decreased energy regeneration by 1 arrow.
Mending: Health Regeneration of 3, decreased energy regeneration by 1 arrow.
Restore Life: raise dead allies with 39% health and 68% energy.

My strategy:
Enchant myself with Mending and Balthazars Spirit, this will make my energy regeneration a zero, but I get energy everytime I take damage, so energy is not a problem during fights. I then use sprint to get to the foes quicker, so they'll concentrate on me rather them my party members. I use Sever Artery, Gash, Galrash Slash, and Final Thrust to take down foes quickly. If the party monk gets attacked I concentrate on the attacking foe. If the monk dies, I use Restore life to raise the monk back to life and try to lead any foes away from the monk.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 01:10 PM   #4
zoomy942

wow.. thats a great strategy! i should have included a little more about my guy..

fire skill - 15
energy storage - 13

i have 551 health, so if the baddies get past the warriors, i get in their way of the monk. i dont have great armor, btu i can stop them long enough to get the warriors near. i use knock-down spells and setting them on fire. nothing is better than seeing them flee or chase someone, and a fireball might miss.. Immolate will not

all this makes me wonder what a secondary could be. maybe amonk cause i have so much energy. 75 energy