Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-08-05, 07:59 PM   #25
Addy

Default Re: Well back to EQ 2 for now.

I just re-activated after a 3 month hiatus. I started fresh on a new server and Iím noticing all kinds of stuff they have tweaked and added in, nice!

But the game still runs horribly for me. I was hoping with all this time I've taken off they might have optimized it some. The 1st time around I had a 754 nF3 board with a 6800gt, and now have a 939 nF4 with a 6800gt.

Even when I run fraps and Iím seeing framerates at 50+ it still doesnít feel smooth so I guess Iím a stutter victim, was hoping that would go away at least with the new setup. If I was 100% convinced it would go away with a 7800gtx Iíd get one. But not gonna take that gamble for $600 when all my other games like GTR, rFactor, BF2, Tiger Woods, Madden, WoW, Guild Wars run silky smooth.

Running 1680x1050 on balanced, cutting down to high-performance helps the framerate but not the lack of smoothness. Oh well, Iíll play out my month and see how it goes.

Intel BadAxe2 Motherboard
E6600 core duo
eVGA 8800 GTS Superclocked
G.Skill 2GB kit
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Stacker 830 case
Dell 2005FPW 20.1" widescreen LCD
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-05, 08:10 PM   #26
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
I reactivated my account, I've got a 43 almost 44 warden on Crushbone. I went on a raid to kill the Angler in Cove of Decay yesterday, we lost

But it was kickass

Splitpaw is an ownage expansion for anyone 40-49

splitpaw is an ownage adventure pack period... I am kinda curious about everfrost/lavastorm. How is solo content in those zones? I know they tweaked basically every zone but those ones a while back.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 10:34 AM   #27
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

ok lol, I think i may go back to wow for a little longer. At least until eq2 gets going on the pvp and release it. What concerns me is I have been reading that most likely you will have to make a new guy in order to join a pvp server and is not like the current realm transfers SOE offers, cost you $50-$100. Thats ridiculous.

I just don't want to sink time in to a new toon and have to trash him becasue tbh, the pvp aspect is the only reason I would consider going back to eq2.

Dispite all the great changes that SOE has made there is still a few things bother me about the game.

I don't like how the battles are locked and how buffs are only allowed through direct parties. To me it takes away from the mmo factor. You should be allowed to interact with all.

Likw mentioned above, I really want to sit a wait and see which direction the pvp system is going to go.

I still get the delayed stuttering. after about an hour or two the games becomes unbarable to play from all the HDD thrashing. Toning down the graphics doesn't seem to help really all that much and tbh I can only take so much of degraded graphics before it takes away from the experience.

The physics and controls of the game semt to me might hinder the pvp experience. I just find them to be a bit sluggish at times and may take away from the pvp experience.

Also they need to work on the sound. To glitchy but isn't a huge issue.

Whats good is Sony is really working on this game. It seems to evolving in the right direction and maybe withen a few more months is gonna be real gem. I like that Sony seems to admits it's mistakes and is determined to fix the game through user feedback and test realms.

Liek I said, I'm so itching to play this game but my free time as late has become pretty much nonexistant and I's had to sink some time in a toon only to have to start over for a pvp realm. If I'm wrong on how they're are gonna work pvp please correct me. I', only going by word of mouth from eq forums.
Old 07-09-05, 10:42 AM   #28
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
splitpaw is an ownage adventure pack period... I am kinda curious about everfrost/lavastorm. How is solo content in those zones? I know they tweaked basically every zone but those ones a while back.
Not sure, I usually stick to CT. That was the fastest place to grind. Obelisk of Lost Souls (Enchanted Lands) is ownage xp if you have access. Everfrost is good xp for a while, I always see 47+s LFG there. LS is great for anyone 47-48+. Solo content is soso, but I heard they have solo and duo specific dungeons now, so you can just get a tank or healer and go have some fun without looking for group forever

edit: PvP in WoW gets stale after having NOTHING to do but raid the exact same zone (MC) and do battlegrounds that half the time have noobs like mad, and have nothing better to do than PvP for a whole month because the only zone that's raidable at 60 is MC

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 06:18 PM   #29
ChrisRay

Quote:
I still get the delayed stuttering. after about an hour or two the games becomes unbarable to play from all the HDD thrashing. Toning down the graphics doesn't seem to help really all that much and tbh I can only take so much of degraded graphics before it takes away from the experience.
Ya the memory leak is still there. Happens after zoning multiple times. I just log off and on and that usually fixes it for me. But i do find the memory leak fairly unacceptable.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 07-09-05, 11:08 PM   #30
datamage

Quote:
I don't like how the battles are locked and how buffs are only allowed through direct parties. To me it takes away from the mmo factor. You should be allowed to interact with all.
That's my worst complaint for EQ2. That, and access quests for higher zones. I might wait till they do the combat revamp in Sept to give it another shot. That splitpaw thing is tempting though.. what's the minimum level you can go there? (to solo)

- D.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-05, 11:43 PM   #31
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by datamage
That's my worst complaint for EQ2. That, and access quests for higher zones. I might wait till they do the combat revamp in Sept to give it another shot. That splitpaw thing is tempting though.. what's the minimum level you can go there? (to solo)

- D.

It's level 20.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 07-14-05, 01:51 PM   #32
Elderblaze

Tyr-Song you flip flop more then kerry, hehe same for you Chris. It's pretty funny as I only periodically viist these forums, and one month it'll be back to wow, the next back to eq2 ad inifinium.
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-05, 06:22 PM   #33
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderblaze
Tyr-Song you flip flop more then kerry, hehe same for you Chris. It's pretty funny as I only periodically viist these forums, and one month it'll be back to wow, the next back to eq2 ad inifinium.

I payed for both games. I'd like to believe I get my moneys worth. I just wish there was an all MMORPG pass that let me play both. Heh

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 07-15-05, 11:45 PM   #34
datamage

Ok,. I bit the bullet and re-installed eq2. I guess I'll try it for a month. I guess I'm interested in trying out splitpaw. Anyone care to point me in the right direction to get the info I need for splitpaw.. do I need to complete a quest first, location of zone, etc. Would be appreciated.

- D.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 12:15 AM   #35
ChrisRay

Splitpaw is in thundering steppes. First instance is through teleports near tower 2.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 07-16-05, 10:43 AM   #36
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderblaze
DON'T EVER COMPARE TO A LIBERAL! lol

heh, both games are good. Wish I had the time to play both but I don't. I really only go back to eq2 to see the updates and if it's changed enough to pull me away from wow. I do think eq2 has the potential to be a better game for me but Until I see a pvp system I doubt this it's gonna happen. I just find that aspect of the game far to important not to be there.