Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-16-05, 12:32 PM   #37
MOTÖRHEAD

Default Re: Well back to EQ 2 for now.

I could careless for PvP on EQ2 as I could care less about it on WoW. Yet I went back to see if the EQ2 team fixed the stutter problem on 6800GT cards and overall preformance issues...............Oh well more WoW for me. Seriously it's sad that they essentially locked themselves out of the majority of Nvidia users. Well that is SOE's loss and Blizzard's gain.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 05:38 PM   #38
NrthnStar5

Quote:
Yet I went back to see if the EQ2 team fixed the stutter problem on 6800GT cards and overall preformance
You do realize this is an issue on Nvidia's end and not SOE's? Nvidia is piss poor when it comes to fixing issues and releasing driver updates. Buy an ATI and you'll see what i mean.
NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-05, 06:16 PM   #39
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NrthnStar5
You do realize this is an issue on Nvidia's end and not SOE's? Nvidia is piss poor when it comes to fixing issues and releasing driver updates. Buy an ATI and you'll see what i mean.
huh? stutters on my x800xt also.
Old 07-17-05, 09:33 PM   #40
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
splitpaw is an ownage adventure pack period... I am kinda curious about everfrost/lavastorm. How is solo content in those zones? I know they tweaked basically every zone but those ones a while back.

not sure if this has been answered but solo content around there is decent but be careful lol. Been awhile since i played so not absolutely sure if it was tweaked or not. But they are two very scary zones. I basically soloed/duoed almost to cap so....heh.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-05, 10:31 PM   #41
datamage

Howabout some screenies of splitpaw?

- D.
datamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 07:44 AM   #42
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
huh? stutters on my x800xt also.

Apparently no one sent this guy the memo that ATI cards also have the same issue. Seriously it sucks that SoE and EQ2 team wont even acknowledge they have a problem with their game engine and certian high-end ATI and Nvidia cards.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 07:52 AM   #43
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
DON'T EVER COMPARE TO A LIBERAL! lol

heh, both games are good. Wish I had the time to play both but I don't. I really only go back to eq2 to see the updates and if it's changed enough to pull me away from wow. I do think eq2 has the potential to be a better game for me but Until I see a pvp system I doubt this it's gonna happen. I just find that aspect of the game far to important not to be there.

You know its. Funny I find the PVP aspect of WOW to be the most damaging. Because I dont believe WoW has succeeded in balancing the game to be both PVP and PVE and ends up hurting the roleplay and PVE aspect of the game. But thats just my opinion.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 10:23 AM   #44
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
You know its. Funny I find the PVP aspect of WOW to be the most damaging. Because I dont believe WoW has succeeded in balancing the game to be both PVP and PVE and ends up hurting the roleplay and PVE aspect of the game. But thats just my opinion.

Yea, I can see what you are saying. It's like every class is able to beat another class. Example, Rogues are meant to kick the **** out of priest and warlocks. Mages beat rogues for the most part, yet priest can whoop on mages but can't beat a rogue. So on.

I just like the aspect of knowing that at anytime I can be screwed with by another player or that I can ruin someones questing at any point of crossing eachother. I personally think that what wow lacks is good group pvp which IMO is balanced. Reason being is the game is full of selfish little fuks only out for themselves. They're to impatient to but together any kind of stragity or thought in to how to approach the battle.

I've said it time and time again, wows major thorn in the foot is it's community. Second they really need some added content or expansion.

EQ2 really needs to work on that stutter and get going on pvp imo. Untill then I guess I'll stick to Wow

Old 07-18-05, 04:00 PM   #45
NrthnStar5

Quote:
Apparently no one sent this guy the memo that ATI cards also have the same issue. Seriously it sucks that SoE and EQ2 team wont even acknowledge they have a problem with their game engine and certian high-end ATI and Nvidia cards.
Someone is always going to have an issue. But the GeForce GT stutter issue was too widespread to be just some sort of incompatibility with something or what have you. It was an issue on Nvidia's driver end. I had a GT for a long time, and it was never fixed. I replaced it with an ATI X800 XL and the problem is GONE. Of course, some people will have issues, it all comes down to combinations of hardware and software and all that good stuff. Everyone seems to run right to the developer of the software and accuse it of being trashy, crappy, and whatever else they can think of. Most of the time it's a driver update to fix the problem...
NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-05, 09:17 PM   #46
ChrisRay

The funny thing is. I own 3 6800GTS and 2 7800GTX and I still dont have this huge stutter that you speak of. I do have texture trashing when the memory leak rears its ugly head. But no micro stutter.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 07-23-05, 12:45 AM   #47
Elderblaze

The texture thrashing your refering to, is probably the stutter we are talking about. This is aceptable to some not to others.

Im really enjoying Battlegrounds right now, pretty fun stuff. I love one rounding clothies with lucky windfuries for the win, lol at 47 I hit a poor mage yesterday for 669, 695 and 209 in one round, was hilarious.
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 01:35 AM   #48
ChrisRay

Texture thrashing isnt micro stutter. If texture thrashing was. Then it happened in EQ 1 for years. Especially in Luclin on systems which didnt have sufficient memory.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Last edited by ChrisRay; 07-23-05 at 07:26 AM.