Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-15-05, 09:17 AM   #1
Darkzero

Default Quadro FX 4400 Dual DVI ... nothing to do

So, this is the problem:

I'm using Quadro FX 4400 on a linux workstation with an LCD monitor on the first DVI and as secondary monitor a Barco HD digital projector...

I've edited in many way my xorg.conf (I'm on Fedora Core 2, all modules up-to-date) but I've continuosly the same problem:

when I start X (startx) the machine reboots.. always, always, alwasy.. never giving an error code in the Log...

if I put in xorg.conf the driver "VESA" or "NV" all goes fine, at least on the DRI side.. but softwares that I need to use (2k film conforming and grading) slow down too much on performance.

Please, somehone helps! __
Darkzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-05, 04:41 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Quadro FX 4400 Dual DVI ... nothing to do

Do you get the spontaneous reboot if only the LCD monitor is configured and attached without the digital projector?

I'd suggest setting up a serial console so that you can capture any potential kernel output when the reboot is triggered. There is very likely a kernel panic or Oops occuring when the reboot happens.

Also, please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log for review.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote