Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-19-05, 10:18 AM   #1
MOTÖRHEAD

Default WoW going the way of Diablo 2 - D2 hackers attack Wow.

So I guess that the BNET script kiddies have made their presence known. That pretty much means am done with Wow. I can't blame Blizzard they tried their hardest. I blame the segement of the player community that buys gold/items online and who want to rush...rush to 60 just so they can complain about not having enough to do. Oh and the god damn BNET hackers from the D2 days who are now going after Wow.

On a side note I have been giving EQ2 a try and I really dig the tradeskills system now that I have learned how to use it correctly especialy the spells/tradeskill actions. Anyways maybe I can get used to the stutter issue but then again I really have no choice now that Wow is BNET'ified.

P.S. If you don't know what I am talking about well here it goes. All servers are down because they found a dupe expliot which has been ongoing for a while it seems. There might be a rollback if the issue is big enough to warrant one.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0

Last edited by MOTÖRHEAD; 07-19-05 at 10:30 AM.
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-05, 10:19 AM   #2
Zelda_fan

Default Re: WoW going the way of Diablo 2 - D2 hackers attack Wow.

The way items work in WoW you can't really "buy" your items. With the exception of a few BoE epics, 95% of best items are bind on pickup which means you have to earn them, not buy them.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-05, 10:20 AM   #3
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

I'm ignorant, wth is BNET'ified?
Old 07-19-05, 10:22 AM   #4
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
The way items work in WoW you can't really "buy" your items. With the exception of a few BoE epics, 95% of best items are bind on pickup which means you have to earn them, not buy them.
There are a lot of epics that are BoE...Dwarven Hand Cannon...Krol Blade....etc....

P.S. Folks reported on one server of seeing several Krol blades on sale at the AH all by one person. Also this duping expliot was used to dupe a ton of gold from what I have read on many servers. On some servers people were giving gold away like it was nothing.
Old 07-19-05, 10:25 AM   #5
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I'm ignorant, wth is BNET'ified?

The state of being of BNET...aka the network that Diablo 2 is part of if you played it online. In Diablo 2 that game was ruined by all the hacks and duped items in the game. Today the economy of D2 is completely made up of hacked items. If you traded runes, Soj's ( a ring drop ), or charms you essientially traded using duped or hacked items.

Another aspect of D2 and BNET in general besides the rampant hacking and duping was the piss poor behavior and attitude of players in that game. Which I also see in WoW a lot. Of course being that a large players base from D2 moved to WoW I kind of figured it would be that way in the end.
Old 07-19-05, 11:16 AM   #6
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Boohoo. Look, it's another drama queen here to proclaim the untimely demise of WoW. I'm not too concerned and neither should anyone else be. As jonk already pointed out, anyone who knows a thing about this game knows that BOE epics are total crap compared to the BOE stuff you get at endgame. All this duping thing will accomplish is producing an overabundance of level 1-20 players who have lots of money but nothing to spend it on. Oh shucks.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-05, 12:22 PM   #7
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Boohoo. Look, it's another drama queen here to proclaim the untimely demise of WoW. I'm not too concerned and neither should anyone else be. As jonk already pointed out, anyone who knows a thing about this game knows that BOE epics are total crap compared to the BOE stuff you get at endgame. All this duping thing will accomplish is producing an overabundance of level 1-20 players who have lots of money but nothing to spend it on. Oh shucks.
What are you talking about? WoW has sucked for a long time. I got tired of hackers, people who just want to cause trouble, clans ganging up on one person, AH price drivers ( I hate them), the inflated prices of items on the AH, ninja looters, guilds in general, 14 year olds with puters, ect. You name it this game is just teh suck now. I don't know if it will die out (doubt it) but it sure sucked for a long time for me.

The way the culture is, if you make one mistake you are black listed even when you don't deserve it. I had a bunch of ****ING 14 year olds gang up on me in a raid. That was the last time I let a buch of pimple poppers talk to me that way.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-05, 12:26 PM   #8
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
What are you talking about? WoW has sucked for a long time. I got tired of hackers, people who just want to cause trouble, clans ganging up on one person, AH price drivers ( I hate them), the inflated prices of items on the AH, ninja looters, guilds in general, 14 year olds with puters, ect. You name it this game is just teh suck now. I don't know if it will die out (doubt it) but it sure sucked for a long time for me.

The way the culture is, if you make one mistake you are black listed even when you don't deserve it. I had a bunch of ****ING 14 year olds gang up on me in a raid. That was the last time I let a buch of pimple poppers talk to me that way.
Eh, must be the server I play on. Everyone is very friendly and mature, and I have yet to run into anyone I would swear off playing with again. BTW, what did you do to get blacklisted? Ninja?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Old 07-19-05, 01:02 PM   #9
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:

Enjoy your cesspool of hacking, duping and piss poor immature players.

http://games.slashdot.org/games/05/0...tid=209&tid=10
Old 07-19-05, 01:08 PM   #10
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Eh, must be the server I play on. Everyone is very friendly and mature, and I have yet to run into anyone I would swear off playing with again. BTW, what did you do to get blacklisted? Ninja?
Your prolly right.

I didn't get blacklisted. It was just one guild who went after me. I had many other guilds with whom I've tanked for who backed me up. How ever I just got tired of little kids. That guild wouldn't say what I did. I did ninja loot on accident one time but I smoothed that out and helped that raid out and didn't take any items for my self as pentence. Yet no one from that guild was in that raid. It could have been when the ring from the Ogre King dropped and a warrior and I rolled on and I won the roll but the warrior and his friend said he didn't realize what we were rolling on. I said scroll up and there was the proof. They argued with me but my only reply was FU and I took the ring and then said FU again. BAHAHAHA!!!!1 The other people in the group said I won it, so I was absoluetly sure I wan't ninjalooting. That priest that was backing that warrior was in that clan that went after me, so that had to be where it started. After that run in DM I started recording demos of my raids so I had proof to give blizzard.

Either way the game if fun but the community sucked.

BTW Ninjaman, what server you on? I would like to migrate my warrior to your server so we could raid together if ya don't mind. My warrior is weaponless and armorless. I sold all my stuff and gave the money to a good buddy. I want to start over on a new server and build up my armor and weapons and such.
Old 07-19-05, 01:27 PM   #11
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Yeah, those guys sound like a bunch of assholes. I could totally see where you're coming from, playing with kids like that. My server is Gilneas, it's a great one. East coast time zone (perk for me anyway), nice community, etc. I have taken a break from my warrior recently to start up a mage, but I'm only level 6 at the moment, and only because I raided UBRS like 10 times last week trying to get the Spaulders of Valor, never to see them drop. Stupid spaulders.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 07-19-05, 01:30 PM   #12
UDawg
Retired spammer

Ya, rend drops those. BTW I HATE THAT DOG! just a waste of time for warriors but I know hunters and rogues need a quest from him. You can't hold aggro cuz he runs around aoeing every one yet we can go into MC and I can hold aggro easily on the dogs. WTF is up with that.