Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-21-05, 03:07 PM   #1
penguinroar

Exclamation TV-out problem solution

I have tried countless times to get my Gainward MX 440 to display both on the TV and the CRT. I have never managed to get a picture on both at the same time. All i have gotten is a "The specified setup is not supported in this configuration". My solution have altered between either the TV or the CRT by using two separate xorg.confs and a bunch of scripts, suxx bad.

The thing is that atleast my card only works if i use the DVI connector for the CRT and the S-VHS connector for the TV. In practice i have to use an adaptor from DVI to D-SUB. This is problably the case for many other people who tries to get TV-OUT working. It took me one year to figure this little snag out so i thought id post here so that perhaps other people with the same problem sees it.

In short, if you have a problem getting TV-OUT to work try to move the TV/LCD to the other connector if you have two of them.

The manual is very poor at explaining this so an update to it would be very nice.

My xorg.conf is attached to this post for reference.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorgconf.txt (5.8 KB, 297 views)
penguinroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 11:44 AM   #2
pergamon

Default Re: TV-out problem solution

Cheers!!

I've pulled my hair in despair, not getting my TV-out to work - and then it was just as simple as that... Changing which CRT port the monitor was on, chaning from CRT-0 to CRT-1 and voila it works!!!

Thanks alot for posting your solution!

My xorg.conf

I'm using a GeForce 6800 and the 7676 drivers
Old 09-05-05, 08:31 AM   #3
ZeroKun

Default Re: TV-out problem solution

I found making 2 screens for X and making my TV the first to work well for me. Screen 0 = TV ; Screen 1 = CRT. This works because the TV will get the overlay and hardware acceleration(is that true?). This makes XV work well.
Attached Files
File Type: txt XF86Config-4.txt (12.4 KB, 254 views)
ZeroKun is offline   Reply With Quote