Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-24-02, 09:21 AM   #1
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno
Default Guys, suggest me a game.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

Go on the side and click on pc games. I have $50 my parents gave me for a game.
These are all Aussie prices with tax etc...

I have not played Deus Ex and I am thinking about it. Has it long gameplay? Will it run awesome on my system?

Can anyone recomend another game?
No sim games please.
Old 12-24-02, 09:34 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

good god you guys get screwed on prices

I would go with Deus Ex myself, kickass game that will last you quite a while. Then once you finish it you have to do it two more times
Old 12-24-02, 09:50 AM   #3
Fotis
Radeforce GTX7970

Deus ex is very long and you 'll have to replay it 2-3 times in order to see everything and know everything(it has multiple paths which leed to dif situations)It will play very good on your system but make sure you buy the game of the year edition or if you dont install all the patches available because the old UT engine is not very keen on direct x.

Age of Mythology is also very good and for the first time Greeks speak greek(not in the cutscenes) but I guess that wont help you.

Activision has put together a nice pack called ster trek action pack which includes star trek voyager elite force + the expansion pack and star trek armada I & II.

Mafia is also one of the best games of the year.Driving cars blowing away people with your tommi-gun is great.

If you happen to like adventure games or even if you don't you'll love Syberia.Trust me.

I don't play rpg's so I can't tell you anything about them.

Have a nice holiday.
Intel Core i7 4770K|Thermalright True Spirit 120|Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC|2x8GB Kingston DDR3 2400MHz|Evga Geforce 780Ti SC 3GB|Samsung SSD 830 256GB|Seagate Ext. 2TB eSata|Corsair AX1200i PSU|Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 7000|AKASA Eclipse 62 case|Dell UltraSharp U2412M| Windows 8.1 Pro
Fotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-02, 05:56 AM   #4
Greg

You won't be disappointed with Deus-Ex, it is a nice length action adventure which totally immerses you. If you have a couple weeks holiday, that is plenty of time to play it though. It has replay value for at least 1 or 2 extra plays. Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman. That shop is designed for people who like to buy on credit and you pay for it in the price. Look elsewhere to save 10-30% consistently.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-02, 09:47 AM   #5
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

If Megamart has it I will buy it from there. Though there is no other shop within 10 miles with Deus Ex that I can find.

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
You won't be disappointed with Deus-Ex, it is a nice length action adventure which totally immerses you. If you have a couple weeks holiday, that is plenty of time to play it though. It has replay value for at least 1 or 2 extra plays. Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman. That shop is designed for people who like to buy on credit and you pay for it in the price. Look elsewhere to save 10-30% consistently.
Old 12-26-02, 08:30 AM   #6
Aesthetica
meow

Send a message via ICQ to Aesthetica Send a message via AIM to Aesthetica Send a message via MSN to Aesthetica Send a message via Yahoo to Aesthetica

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman.
i second that

id rather do business with the dodgy brothers
b4 i bought anything from a harvey normal store