Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-05, 04:22 PM   #13
GlowStick
CoD4!
 
GlowStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,786
Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Hm, i have doubts that Activison will allow Quake 4 PC to bereleased before Xbox360, it probly comes with the pact they singed with Microsoft to be a 'launch partner'. They are receveing alot of free advertizing and has to pay for it some time.

So the big question is, who is controling the release after its done, iD or Activison? My bet will be its activision since its not a in house iD game.
__________________
Intel i7-2600K, Corsair 8Gig, Corsair H100, Corsair 650D, Corsair HX750, ATi 6970, WD Caviar Black 2TB
Sony Vaio SB: i7, 8Gig, Intel 320 300gig
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 12:14 AM   #14
Gabrobot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 141
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
Hm, i have doubts that Activison will allow Quake 4 PC to bereleased before Xbox360, it probly comes with the pact they singed with Microsoft to be a 'launch partner'. They are receveing alot of free advertizing and has to pay for it some time.

So the big question is, who is controling the release after its done, iD or Activison? My bet will be its activision since its not a in house iD game.
Since id owns the rights, I'd say id can probably do whatever they want (and if Activision is smart, they'll go along with it ).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I read from one of the developers that they aren't actually making any guarantees about the game being a launch title, so I don't think they have any deals that would dictate what they do. id Software prefers to what they want, which generally means making sure the developers are allowed to get the game done properly.
Gabrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 04:20 PM   #15
GlowStick
CoD4!
 
GlowStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,786
Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrobot
Since id owns the rights, I'd say id can probably do whatever they want (and if Activision is smart, they'll go along with it ).

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I read from one of the developers that they aren't actually making any guarantees about the game being a launch title, so I don't think they have any deals that would dictate what they do. id Software prefers to what they want, which generally means making sure the developers are allowed to get the game done properly.
Mmm, i hope your right!
__________________
Intel i7-2600K, Corsair 8Gig, Corsair H100, Corsair 650D, Corsair HX750, ATi 6970, WD Caviar Black 2TB
Sony Vaio SB: i7, 8Gig, Intel 320 300gig
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 04:38 PM   #16
gmontem
Registered User
 
gmontem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 536
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Aw nuts. It would have been pretty cool if the XBox 360 version also came with its own port of Quake 2 and the expansion packs.
__________________
My PC rig
gmontem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 06:07 PM   #17
aAv7
 
aAv7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,250
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

i'll get it simply for the dvd version =D
__________________
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 09:42 PM   #18
j0j081
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

I'll definitely be getting the Special Edition. I love my limited edition UT2K4 case.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 10:24 PM   #19
GlowStick
CoD4!
 
GlowStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,786
Send a message via AIM to GlowStick
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Some online stores are offering to Pre-Order. Do you know if you get the T-shirt now or later? heh!?
__________________
Intel i7-2600K, Corsair 8Gig, Corsair H100, Corsair 650D, Corsair HX750, ATi 6970, WD Caviar Black 2TB
Sony Vaio SB: i7, 8Gig, Intel 320 300gig
GlowStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 09:47 AM   #20
aAv7
 
aAv7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,250
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowStick
Some online stores are offering to Pre-Order. Do you know if you get the T-shirt now or later? heh!?
I was wondering the same thing, im such a sucker for pc gaming tee shirts
__________________
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-05, 09:25 PM   #21
j0j081
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,789
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by aAv7
I was wondering the same thing, im such a sucker for pc gaming tee shirts
Yep I'm wearing my HL2 shirt right now. It works great for picking up chicks at the mall.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 11:13 PM   #22
NAZCA M12
Master Thief
 
NAZCA M12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The City
Posts: 448
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
Yep I'm wearing my HL2 shirt right now. It works great for picking up chicks at the mall.
Nice. However, do you have to log in to Steam before wearing it?

Back to the point, i think Q4:SE will fill up the second empty slot of special editions for the forseeable future, so it will be F.E.A.R. and Quake 4 then
__________________
P4 3,2@3,85GHz - Asus P4C800-E - 2Gb DDR-500 OCZ - 2x WD Raptors (Raid 0) - Creative Audigy 2 - ATI AIW 9800Pro - Antec 550W - LG GSA 4163b - NEC ND-3540A - Viewsonic VG700 - Antec Plus 660 AMG - Creative Inspire T7700 - Win98SE/XP
NAZCA M12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 11:32 PM   #23
CaptNKILL
CUBE
 
CaptNKILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 18,844
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZCA M12
Nice. However, do you have to log in to Steam before wearing it?
Heh, that was pretty good

Oh, and getting Quake 2 with this is an awesome deal... I still have the entire Quake 2: Quad Damage pack with the full game, both expansions and the extremeties net pack (mods, patches, utilities etc.). Freaking awesome game for its time and its still fun to start up once in a while...

You'd be surprised how nice it looks at 2048x1536 with lots of AA and AF
__________________
---- Primary Rig ---- CoolerMaster 690 II Advance - Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.0Ghz + Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
6GB DDR2 @ 942Mhz 5-5-5-20 1.9v (2x1Gb Wintec AMPX PC2-8500 & 2x2Gb G.Skill PC2-6400) - EVGA Geforce GTX 470 @ 750/1500/1850 (1.050v)
Sparkle Geforce GTS 250 1Gb Low-Profile (Physx) - Crucial RealSSD C300 64Gb SSD - Seagate 7200.12 500Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 11:44 PM   #24
Subtestube
Anisymbolic
 
Subtestube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Quake 4 Special Edition Contents

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Heh, that was pretty good

Oh, and getting Quake 2 with this is an awesome deal... I still have the entire Quake 2: Quad Damage pack with the full game, both expansions and the extremeties net pack (mods, patches, utilities etc.). Freaking awesome game for its time and its still fun to start up once in a while...

You'd be surprised how nice it looks at 2048x1536 with lots of AA and AF
Here's a question for you: How are the expansions? I never played either of them. Do they have good single player? God... seriously, I've played QII all the way through many many times, and I never even knew there WERE expansions. This collectors editions really does sound very worth it.
__________________
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD FX-8120 Black Edition CPU Review (with Asus M5A99X EVO) News Archived News Items 0 06-21-12 08:30 AM
Remastered Doom 3 BFG Edition Game Coming with Stereo 3D Support News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 05:30 AM
Diabolical: Blizzard Details Diablo III Starter Edition News Archived News Items 0 05-15-12 05:30 AM
MSI GeForce GTX 670 Reference and OC Edition Compared ' Overclocked Variants based News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 06:30 AM
WD 80Gb Special Edition Iron1384 General Hardware 11 09-12-02 02:22 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.