Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-06-05, 12:00 AM   #13
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Part of picture disappears when doing hardware scaling of large images

Dorin,
I've tried reproducing this with several different cards, and I've had no success. I continue to see the complete opposite results from what you're reporting without even using your grab_port test app. Are you able to replicate this in more than one environment (different OS load, different hardware, etc)?

thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 02:25 AM   #14
dorin.lazar

Default Re: Part of picture disappears when doing hardware scaling of large images

There is nothing special there. When I ran the tests mplayer was the only thing running. The behaviour is not different if the load is heavy or not. I do not know what else could influence the card's behaviour. The only thing I noticed (and I haven't been able to connect it in any way with this problem) is that sometimes, under a heavy load the xv output simply dissapears (and although all the players work without errors, the image is not displayed any more). I don't know if that helps.
Added: This second problem was more easily seen with the 7676 - I fell back to 7174 for exactly this reason, as 7174 seemed more stable (and the scaling problem appears on both indiscriminately)
Tell me if I can provide you more informations - i'd be happy to do that.
Regards,
Dorin
dorin.lazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 04:02 PM   #15
ReimarD

Maybe the Overlay hardware can not downscale by more than a factor 4 or 5 (at least horizontally)? Maybe somebody can check the specs.
If you can not reproduce it check with xvinfo if you have 'Adaptor #0: "NV17 Video Overlay"'.
It seems at least PCIe cards don't have a any overlay hardware (or it is not used or whatever).
ReimarD is offline   Reply With Quote