Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-23-06, 04:31 PM   #13
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Default Re: Check out this cyberpunk mmorpg.. Neocron 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Uhm.. yeah, f*ck this... during the (extremely long) update process, my computer clicked and I got a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen error and had to shut down. I havent had a bluescreen on this system since I was messing with my overclocks a month and a half ago, so I know its this game.

I think I'll just save myself a lot of trouble (and hard drive space) and delete it now

just to warn you I got the EXACT same error message and clicking awhile back when I was defragging my HD......three days later I was installing a new harddrive.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:40 PM   #14
killahsin

yeah i got that error a while ago on another hd too. Needless to say i was installing a new sata a few days later myself.
2 x msi 9600 gt oc's @ 760x1950.
4 gigs ram.
R.I.P. Ritual
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 05:05 PM   #15
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Ok well its been 5 months since then guys, a little late to warn me . And my drive hasnt had any problems at all since then. The click was probably just the drive shutting off because of an error. No doubt hard drive failure would give a similar error but I dont think its the only cause. Ive seen it on other systems and its had a lot of different causes.

This game is the first and only thing thats given it to me on this machine though.

EDIT: oh, and killall, kiss my ass. You dont have to be a dick head because people dont agree with you. Especially 5 months after the comments were made. Coming in here and spouting crap out about nVnews members and calling us n00bs will get you nothing. If youd rather be a rabid asshole fanboy without even attempting to explain or help with any of the problems anyone had, then its likely that YOU are the one that doesnt belong here. That "problem lies between chair and keyboard" thing might make sense some times, but in my case, it doesnt... it was a freaking blue screen. In your case on the other hand, the problem lies between your left and right ear

EDIT: BTW, I was just going to give it another try since I have a debit card to register with now but the link to the download mirrors on their site is broken. Not to mention the fact that 5 months later they STILL have no mention of the monthly fee on the god damned website. Who the hell forks out their credit card number to register for a game without knowing how much it costs per month? If you can spare a moment of your precious flaming time, can you tell me how much the fee is? If I actually manage to get this thing downloaded Id kind of like to know how much it costs.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

Last edited by CaptNKILL; 01-23-06 at 06:23 PM.
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 06:55 PM   #16
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
EDIT: oh, and killall, kiss my ass. You dont have to be a dick head because people dont agree with you. Especially 5 months after the comments were made. Coming in here and spouting crap out about nVnews members and calling us n00bs will get you nothing. If youd rather be a rabid asshole fanboy without even attempting to explain or help with any of the problems anyone had, then its likely that YOU are the one that doesnt belong here. That "problem lies between chair and keyboard" thing might make sense some times, but in my case, it doesnt... it was a freaking blue screen. In your case on the other hand, the problem lies between your left and right ear
LoL, scroll up to the 12 year old remark...
2x1024 mb Corsair PC6400C4
2x80G Maxtor HD's, SATA, Raid 0
Creative Audigy 2 ZS, 5.1 Speaker setup
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Killall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 12:25 AM   #17
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killall
LoL, scroll up to the 12 year old remark...
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 09:44 PM   #18
emailthatguy

the one point you were missing that i was trying to point out is that a game of that quality is not going to cut it in 2006. whats next. is there going to be a great mame revival taking on the latest xbox360 platformers?

neocron was great 2 years ago. and sure looks like they improved the graphics A LITTLE

yes that sky is a skybox. meaning the 3d space is most likely .bsp's where the space is subtracted from another space not that its a bad skybox, but compared to the largest majority of new mmo's that came out in the last 12 months, its not going to cut it graphically.

see my problem w/ neocron 2 is this. its not 2. 2.1 isnt 2. its more like 1.8

a proper version 2 would have been all new models, all new engine, all new sounds, all new world.

look at everquest 2 for example. the the FREE directx 9 engine upgrade everrquest 1 saw was more of an upgrade than the "new version 2 or 2.1" upgrade that neocron got. if we were to compare it to everquest 2 from an engine, design, sound, and animation sense. there would be no comparison at all (btw, dunno if you heard, but eq2 is getting pvp. not that i play that either but its a good example of what does/doesnt cut it in 2006).

personally, i think KK should be completely ashamed of themselves for how theyve handled this title. at any other company they would have thrown the towel in (which would have been the RIGHT thing to do w/ this title) a year ago.

im glad youre having fun for now. i really am. but raise your standards man. the more we demand as gamers, the better our entertainment is going to be in the future. the idea is ask for developers to raise the bar, dont settle for them to make a "pretty good game" with the technology of 2-3 years ago.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 03:50 AM   #19
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

How do i delete this dubblepost?
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Old 01-25-06, 03:52 AM   #20
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

Finnaly, a good post made.. I have to agree on most that u just said. Then u also know what kind of bad publicity Neocron has had, lots of people have never heard of this game.
Thats why i made this thread. To show people there is a cyberpunk game out there that IMO is worth your time if u like the genre. There is no other cyberpunk MMORPG to my knowladge that comes near this game.

If u look at my sign i have a good pc.. I play Doom 3, BF2 as well and yes this engine is outdated. They should have remade this whole frigging game, very true, and fix all the obvious bugs. And really, id love to play sumething better, more beautifull, bigger community.. but tbh there is no other MMORPG that kept my interrest for so long or want to make me switch.

Ive taken a look at CoV but that game just isnt for me. People will prolly say the same thing about this game. I just hope between my bitching, i actually made people take interrest in the game.
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games

Old 01-25-06, 04:15 AM   #21
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Killall, one more outburst from you directed towards any member, especially one who has been here a lot longer than you, will earn you a one-way passage out of here. Knock it off.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 12:05 PM   #22
Killall
goodmorning mr. Freeman

I dont care how long anyone has been here. If u make a post about sumething thats wrong with his pc and blame the game for it.. so people will read it and think.. im not gonna download it. I guess me and hundreds of other people are special.
But ok i shouldnt have said what i have said in the way that i said it. Im only human. No offence to any1.
Iyama MA203DT
And a ****load of games
Old 02-13-06, 10:36 AM   #23
darkrider01
A little rough at first

Unhappy Re: Check out this cyberpunk mmorpg.. Neocron 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailthatguy
i hadnt tried city of heroes since they added city of villians and let me tell you something about that game. i havent seen a more balanced, content rich game in a long time and furthermore, i havent had this much fun since 2002. although a lot of people hated enhancement diversification that the last major publish rolled out, it did add a lot of depth to character skill planning i think. not in a more options way, but having had some of the more no brainer builds made worthless, people HAD to get creative to keep their characters viable and thats a good thing. with the addition of zeb cook (lord recluse) to the design team the game has gotten deeper and more balanced. rightly so, hes the guy that wrote advanced dungeons and dragons second edition for tsr as well as a ton of the more popular module systems in the various d and d universes. also did a lot of cool work on d20 system games. the engine is rich with shaders and is opengl, also uses the ageia novodex physics engine which also means, the game is ready for physx cards that are coming out hopefully soon. but the big thing is its ready TODAY.

neocron couldnt ever hope to have as much content, an engine as advanced, nor could even at its peak dream to have as many players as all its old servers used to have (4 i believe?) as 1 coh/cov server has on its slowest day.
IMO, CoV is full of a**holes. Everytime I get on and try to do anything, I can never find any help. I'll help others, but as soon as it's time to help me do a mission, everyone is like "oh, you're only level 10 - I'm out". Also, it seems that my Mutation/Corruptor can't take on any mobs by himself. I MUST have a tank with me in order to do anything.

On the other hand, I will say that CoV is visually attractive, but no more so than Guild Wars. Guild Wars is stunning IMO. Eve Online also has fantastic visuals. As nice as CoV is to look at, I will never suggest any friends play it, unless they know lots of people that play and will help them out. I'm so ticked at myself for wasting the money on the Collectors Edition of CoV.....
School Bus - Intel i7 4770K * ASRock Z87 Extreme6/AC * EVGA GTX 590 * Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz DDR3* Alienware TactX Keyboard * RAZER Mamba * Pioneer DVR-212D * Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD * 10+TB Other Storage * Ultra X3 1000W PSU * Dell U2913WM * Beats by Dr. Dre headphones * Klipsch Promedia 2.1 * Cooler Master HAF XB * Cooler Master Hyper N520 * Windows 7 Ultimate
Mass Transit - Xeon E3-1275 V2 * G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 * EVGA GTX660 * Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD * Seagate Momentus XT 750GB * Dell 2001FP * Viewsonic VX2250 * Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 * Windows 7 Ultimate
RV - Alienware M18x * i7 2670QM * Dual 560 GTX * 1.25TB Storage * Windows 7 Ultimate
Van by the River - Panasonic PT-AX200U * Homebrew 9' x 5' screen * Pioneer VSX-1121-K * Bose Acoustimass 6 * Velodyne VX10 Subwoofer * PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU/DirecTV HR22
Packin HEAT
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 10:31 AM   #24
balasarius
the Random Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to balasarius

I will agree with Killall on giving NC2 a try, I have played NC on and off for 2 years and although the Graphics are Dated it still plays well and that is wot matters.

I will admit NC has Bugs left, right and centre such as items and weapons not working the way they shud or Sync problems (tho this can be comical while driving at high speed towards the sync line and end up flying off the map instead on syncing) it still has enuff charm (for me anyway) to make it a good and interesting game to play

if people can't see that charm then ther loss, I for one will keep playing NC to my hearts content
balasarius is offline   Reply With Quote