Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-05, 02:18 PM   #25
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos
Default Re: Cancelled WOW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gram_vaz
currently i'm subscribed to city of heroes, WoW, ff11, phantasy star, and eve online. planning to add eq2 and neocron 2 to that list. that's not counting the free mmorpg games i play. i take turns playing the games each night.
thats bad dude.

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-05, 06:22 PM   #26
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos
thats bad dude.
nothing wrong with mixing it up.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 01:49 PM   #27
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
nothing wrong with mixing it up.
there is something definatly wrong with 7 mmo subscriptions

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 05:13 PM   #28
gram_vaz
Cybersix

not like i have anything better to do...
gram_vaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 06:53 PM   #29
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
Exactly, never in my life have I not had any selfcontrol when gaming. Beforehand I'd always set aside time for playing nightly, a couple of hours here and there, limit myself at the PC. I'd certainly never turn down a night out on the town. For whatever reason I lost that playing these style games(MMO). I went from being socialbly active to just sitting here lvl'ing and trying to obtain epic gear night after night, weekend after weekend. Wasting a vaction just playing these games. It's not unheard of, it's all to common. I feel for the kids playing these games, wasting their childhood away.
It's a forum of addiction and anyone saying that it can't happen is just fooling themsleves..

For me, the best solution was just what I did. Quit cold turkey. It's all to easy to just sign back up if you leave your toons intact.
I cancelled for the exact same reason and I'm very glad I did. Funny thing is I was right at the top of my game. Level 60 mage. In a MC raiding guild. Epic gear. Owning in PVP. But like you said just a total waste of time. From now on I'm just sticking to casual gaming, no more MMORPG for me.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 07:12 PM   #30
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Heh I've cancelled and re-signed up like 4 times now. I just keep coming back for more and getting sick of it after a weeklong marathon.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 07:49 PM   #31
Elderblaze

Can't say i agree with you jonk, it's no mor a waste of time then reading a fictional novel, watching a movie, playing some other game, or going out with friends to a bar.. It's all entertainment, and nothing productive comes out of it.

Regards,
Mike
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 07:54 PM   #32
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderblaze
Can't say i agree with you jonk, it's no mor a waste of time then reading a fictional novel, watching a movie, playing some other game, or going out with friends to a bar.. It's all entertainment, and nothing productive comes out of it.

Regards,
Mike
Reading has been shown to increase your IQ, so I wouldn't say reading is a waste. Anything that stimulates your creativity is not a waste IMHO.

The main thing is I can put a novel down, but I can't put a MMORPG down. Like Ty said, I would literally waste my saturdays playing MMORPGS when I had much better things to do.

Old 08-30-05, 08:29 PM   #33
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
Reading has been shown to increase your IQ, so I wouldn't say reading is a waste. Anything that stimulates your creativity is not a waste IMHO.
Video games can be stimulating to the mind as well, if you use your imagination to enhance the experience.
Quote:
The main thing is I can put a novel down, but I can't put a MMORPG down. Like Ty said, I would literally waste my saturdays playing MMORPGS when I had much better things to do.
Then that is a criticism of yourself, not of an MMORPG. Just because you lack the willpower to take a break every once in a while doesn't mean everyone does.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 08-30-05, 09:22 PM   #34
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Video games can be stimulating to the mind as well, if you use your imagination to enhance the experience.
I agree. That's why I don't think video games are a waste of time. My favorite genera is roleplaying for that reason. I believe it stimulates creativity. Strategy games also stimulate puzzle solving skilles as well so I like them too.

Quote:
Then that is a criticism of yourself, not of an MMORPG. Just because you lack the willpower to take a break every once in a while doesn't mean everyone does.
I never said everyone does, but judging from the stuff happening in China there are a lot of people who can't keep it under control at all.

I was never "addicted" to it, but the thing is, I'm a casual gamer, plain and simple, and that's how I want to keep it. I saw that MMORPGs were drawing me out of casual gaming and into the more "hardcore" sterotype and I didn't like it one bit.
Old 08-30-05, 09:42 PM   #35
de><ta
prodigy

Thumbs up Re: Cancelled WOW....

Another Soul Saved!

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 10:03 PM   #36
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I agree. That's why I don't think video games are a waste of time. My favorite genera is roleplaying for that reason. I believe it stimulates creativity. Strategy games also stimulate puzzle solving skilles as well so I like them too.

Advance Wars DS is still ruling my video game playing time, though a renewed interest in WoW is as well. I find the game tremendously more enjoyable if I don't worry about powerlevelling and only play for a couple hours at a time.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410