Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-05, 12:11 AM   #1
sirplayalot

Default Day Of Defeat: Source on September 26.

http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Ma...ptember2.2005/

http://www.halflife2.net/news//11201..._flash0017.jpg

Looks great. Worth the wait!

Also video 5 of the week at Valve has a little video that shows about 5 seconds of gameplay. Looks great but they added iron sights to the game.

1UP video link
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3143150&did=1

Day of Defeat®: Source™ (DoD: Source), the latest version of the WWII online action game from Valve®, will be made available to gamers everywhere on September 26.

"Day of Defeat has quietly been one of the most played online action games for the past three years," said Gabe Newell, president and founder of Valve. "Day of Defeat: Source represents a major leap forward in both graphics and gameplay, and pushes the Source engine harder than any other Source project. "

DoD: Source takes the classic teamplay of DoD and expands the experience with Source, the engine technology Valve created for Half-Life® 2 and it's next generation of games. With this technology, DoD: Source offers state of the art graphics with optimized versions of popular maps and all new player, weapon and world models, plus support for HDR lighting.

DoD: Source leverages the power of the Source engine by introducing advanced sound technology to provide a more immersive soundscape and integrated physics simulation technology for ragdolls and physically simulated objects throughout each map.

Available via Steam for just $19.95 and in the Counter-Strike: Source retail package, DoD: Source is a rebuild from the ground up of Day of Defeat on the Source engine.

DoD: Source will be available for pre-load and pre-order next week. Those who purchased the Half-Life 2 Silver or Gold Steam offers will receive a request to pre-load the game at this time and will receive access to play the moment the game is made available.

For more information, visit www.steampowered.com

Valve, Day of Defeat and Source are trademarks or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Main rig
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe | Intel Core i7-2700k | 16GB (4x4) DDR3 | 2x Diamond Radeon 7970 Crossfire | Corsair 850W PSU | Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz | Win 7 Ultimate

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and gaming PC!
Why argue which ones better when you can just play on all of them?
sirplayalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 02:17 AM   #2
Rakeesh

Default Re: Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valve
Day of Defeat: Source will be available as an individual purchase via Steam, as well as part of the Counter-Strike: Source retail package that will be available at stores around the same time. Half-Life 2: Silver and Gold package customers will automatically be able to play.
I would take that as official confirmation that this isn't available for collectors edition owners.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 02:26 AM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Iron sights?! I love iron sights... too bad I hated DoD so I don't really care... I will just keep playing RO .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 03:14 AM   #4
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
I would take that as official confirmation that this isn't available for collectors edition owners.
Of course not man! we bought the CE! We got all those...awesome...benefits...like, spending $80 for the DVD! Why would we deserve anything else? That would just be greedy!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 06:30 AM   #5
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Of course not man! we bought the CE! We got all those...awesome...benefits...like, spending $80 for the DVD! Why would we deserve anything else? That would just be greedy!
Bitch at Vivendi Universal... They were incharge of the retail packaging. Valve can only control their steam service... thats the benefit of dealing with the developers directly and not the publisher who screwed them over...
Old 09-03-05, 06:52 AM   #6
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Good news looks nice
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 07:26 AM   #7
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Quote:
Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!
If it has HDR then can we assume that LC will be out this month?

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 09:38 AM   #8
anzak

DoD: Source was the only reason I went with the silver package. The fact that it took them a year to port it over then replace the models and maps is ridiculous.

Well now that I got that out...
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-05, 10:28 AM   #9
j0j081

I'm starting to regret buying the CE more and more.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 11:31 AM   #10
sirplayalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Iron sights?! I love iron sights... too bad I hated DoD so I don't really care... I will just keep playing RO .
From what im hearing now DoD:S will be NOTHING like DoD. Its a brand new game with all new features and has almost nothing in common with DoD. So you may just have to try it out and like it.

Main rig
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe | Intel Core i7-2700k | 16GB (4x4) DDR3 | 2x Diamond Radeon 7970 Crossfire | Corsair 850W PSU | Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz | Win 7 Ultimate

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and gaming PC!
Why argue which ones better when you can just play on all of them?
sirplayalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 11:48 AM   #11
anzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirplayalot
From what im hearing now DoD:S will be NOTHING like DoD. Its a brand new game with all new features and has almost nothing in common with DoD. So you may just have to try it out and like it.
That not what DoD programmer Matt Boone said in his interview with CGW:

Quote:
Rather than saying, 'Screw it--let's leave what works behind and reinvent the wheel, we're giving the game state-of-the-art graphics, audio, physics and all that stuff.
I'm glad they decided not to screw with the gameplay. DoD is great the way it is. Later they plan on adding more content, but the inital release will be good old DoD with a new coat of paint.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 11:55 AM   #12
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirplayalot
Doesn't really matter to me... I prefer the more realistic Red Orchestra (UT2k4 mod) over any other WWII shooter.

Besides... I get screwed over because I bought the regular version in stores. I blame "Vivendi", and by that I mean Valve... just figured I would say vivendi because Magus will cry about how it is their fault. Even though technically Vivendi couldn't put DoD:S on the hard copies due to the fact that it took a year to do...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote