Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-05, 08:41 PM   #145
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty
Default Re: Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!

Okay, back on topic.. Personally cant wait.. I loved the old DOD.. especially the german samples used..
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 11:22 PM   #146
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
To be honest, I don't carea bout getting any of the other software. All I wanted was a general consensus that the CE owners got ripped off. I can't believe that people couldn't agree that $80 for what we got was a ****ing rip off. That's all I wanted to hear.

But instead I got told "tough ****" blah blah. Yeah, I would agree with you if the CE was $60. But it was $80 and worth less than $30.

Whatever.
Ok, CE is a rip off.

Kind of hard to feel bad for people who purposely got ripped off. Vivendi didn't rip you off, you ripped yourself off by buying the CE. Looking at the package should have told you that $80 is not worth it.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 11:33 PM   #147
anzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9
Ok, CE is a rip off.

Kind of hard to feel bad for people who purposely got ripped off. Vivendi didn't rip you off, you ripped yourself off by buying the CE. Looking at the package should have told you that $80 is not worth it.
Please, lets let it die and get back on topic.

From what screenshots I've seen the only huge improvement is the maps. It looked like it was really lacking in the model department. I'm not worried about the graphics though. I would have been happy with a direct port to the Source engine, at least that wouldn't have taken a year.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 12:01 AM   #148
anzak

Sorry 56kers, but I just have to post these. All of these screens were taken from an early beta so they don't include HDR lighting. Enjoy!

Avalanche:

Flash:

Old 09-17-05, 05:46 AM   #149
j0j081

only reason I bought the CE was because at the time I was living in a shady apartment complex and was afraid all the Silver package materials would end up damaged during shipment. What are you meant to do in a situation like that?
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 05:49 AM   #150
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I once exchanged a game stating that it wouldn't run on my PC, It was Shade: Wrath of Angels and I got Growlanser Generations insted. You gotta make a good case but it is possible.
this is very easy to do at Walmart. A few times I returned games I had played for a couple of months LMAO and got something else of equal value.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 07:46 AM   #151
Mudcrutch

i believe some of those pics above are from the original port, not the newer totally redone version.. the new version will sport a new HUD, etc...
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 08:36 AM   #152
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Got this message today;

Quote:
The preload for Day of Defeat: Source is in full swing now. There is still plenty of time for everyone to pre-load the game before it is made available on September 26th at 3:00 pm PDT. (If you're unsure of what time this is for you locally, you can convert to your local time zone here.)

We're also planning a release for next week that will update the Source engine to the same version used for Day of Defeat: Source. There are a number of small fixes contained in this release that we'll cover in detail when it's closer to release time.

Have a look at two more of the character models from Day of Defeat: Source -- the Allied bazooka class and the Axis sniper class:

Be nice to get more fixes in all the other games..

Old 09-17-05, 08:54 AM   #153
|MaguS|

I wonder, If DoD:S includes HDR, does that mean it will be in HL2 aswell or do we still have to wait for LC for that?
Old 09-17-05, 09:06 AM   #154
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Its already in the engine I think. You just gotta produce the assets for it, and enable it in the specific game.
Old 09-17-05, 09:16 AM   #155
|MaguS|

Ok... That has nothing to do with my question. HL2 is said to get HDR when LC releases but that was said prior to announcing that DoD:S would contain HDR. Im wondering if that they would push up the release time of HDR in HL2 since DoD:S has it.
Old 09-17-05, 09:48 AM   #156
anzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcrutch
i believe some of those pics above are from the original port, not the newer totally redone version.. the new version will sport a new HUD, etc...
It shows off the maps which have been completed for a long time. If you have ever played DoD then you would know those are a massive improvement.

I read that Half Life 2 wasn't getting HDR. Just all future products from Valve like DoD: Source would.