Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-03-05, 12:33 PM   #13
Rakeesh

Default Re: Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Bitch at Vivendi Universal... They were incharge of the retail packaging. Valve can only control their steam service... thats the benefit of dealing with the developers directly and not the publisher who screwed them over...
Question: How is it vivendi's fault when valve could just arbitrarily add the game to every HL2 owners steam "my games" list if they wanted to?

In case you haven't noticed, they just did that with blue shift, and that even applied to people who just owned regular HL1 and nothing else.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 12:37 PM   #14
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

I can see it in my "coming soon" games list and I have CE.

I am assuming this means we are supposed to get DOD:S when it drops.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 12:37 PM   #15
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar
I can see it in my "coming soon" games list and I have CE.

I am assuming this means we are supposed to get DOD:S when it drops.
It's in mine too, and I own the bare minimal package. The "coming soon" section is more or less mostly an advertisement section of your steam games list (the "now available" section is purely for advertisement.) Remember when HL2 was about a year or so away from release, it was in the "coming soon" list for some time, even if you haven't even purchased the game.

EDIT: Kinda funny how they are reacting to this on the steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1

Basically it seems that the oppinion of most people on the steam forums is that if you bought the CE, you were stupid for buying it and you didn't pay for DoD:S. Got to love fanboyism.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 12:57 PM   #16
XP_GUN

so how can you get DODS if you just got the store boxed one? will they be selling it later or what?
Old 09-03-05, 01:07 PM   #17
anzak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP_GUN
so how can you get DODS if you just got the store boxed one? will they be selling it later or what?
Yes. You will be able to buy it via steam.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-05, 10:30 PM   #18
superklye

I think I saw somewhere a while back that it was going to be like $10 or something.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 05:21 AM   #19
j0j081

If you got one of those vouchers that came with an ATI card what are you entitled to? I gave my brother one a few months back but he never used the license. I might be able to get it back...
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 06:40 AM   #20
|MaguS|

Thats only worth the bronze which doesn't include DOD:S.

Old 09-04-05, 09:38 AM   #21
Mudcrutch

I understand the disappointment of CE owners.. but a few things:

1) valve hates vivendi. they arent going to add more to retail packages than they needed to by contract. they wanted to lure people to use steam so vivendi would make less -- hence getting DOD with the silver/gold packages.

2) it was no secret what games were included with each version. those of us who knew we wanted DOD for SURE included with our purchase went silver or gold.

3) you can still buy DOD:S as an upgrade to your current account (the price seems reasonable) or you can buy the more expenseive CS/DOD retail pack.

i think at this point a lot of people are mad because valve "gives away" a lot of stuff with their games that people expect DOD:S to be free. well unfortunately not this time... :-\
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-05, 10:49 AM   #22
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcrutch
I understand the disappointment of CE owners.. but a few things:

1) valve hates vivendi. they arent going to add more to retail packages than they needed to by contract. they wanted to lure people to use steam so vivendi would make less -- hence getting DOD with the silver/gold packages.

2) it was no secret what games were included with each version. those of us who knew we wanted DOD for SURE included with our purchase went silver or gold.

3) you can still buy DOD:S as an upgrade to your current account (the price seems reasonable) or you can buy the more expenseive CS/DOD retail pack.

i think at this point a lot of people are mad because valve "gives away" a lot of stuff with their games that people expect DOD:S to be free. well unfortunately not this time... :-\
I agree. If you bought the ridiculous CE retail pack then it's your own fault.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 05:29 AM   #23
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
I agree. If you bought the ridiculous CE retail pack then it's your own fault.
we had no way of knowing we'd be f**ked over. i assumed it had to include most of what the silver package did as they were identical in price when i bought it.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 10:28 AM   #24
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
we had no way of knowing we'd be f**ked over. i assumed it had to include most of what the silver package did as they were identical in price when i bought it.

Thats the problem, you assumed. Did you look at the box, did it mention DOD:S? Where as the Gold and Silver packages specifically said DOD:S. There was information about the packages and what they were going to contian. I knew since the day they annouced the packages that DOD:S was not going to be part of the Bronze or the retail packages.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote