Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-08-05, 11:56 AM   #61
Rakeesh

Default Re: Day Of Defeat: Source this month, with HDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9
Guess you know more about the law then a Corporate lawyer. I didn't have to tell him anything, he is a gamer also, he already knew what was going on.
Well I hate to tell you this, but FWIW, corporate lawyers are almost always at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to lawyers in general. (granted personal injury lawyers tend to be looked down upon the most, they tend to know more and earn more)

But that aside, if your cousin is a lawyer that is worth two cents, he would tell you that it is possible I know things that he doesn't, and vice versa. Lawyers don't know every single law and every single precedent, they have to constantly do research on a case by case basis. Not doing so is asking for trouble. Not only that, but he would also tell you that when it comes down to it, no lawyer is always correct about any given issue, even when he believes he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST:DS9
I would be upset with the company that sold me lifetime licsence, since they obviously had no right to sell it to me. If I was a cyber Cafe owner, I would be going after VU for a refund since they fraudantly sold me something that wasn't thiers to sell in the first place.
If they had no right to sell, then why did valve let it go on for 6 years before saying anything? Clearly they knew about it much earlier than when they took legal action. And seeing as these guys already paid valve, why didn't valve at least offer them some kind of discount or try some negotiation instead of going straight to the lawyers? And why does valve charge a subscription fee instead of just a onetime site license fee like other games developers? Hell, not even microsoft is that anal.

http://www.corante.com/importance/ar..._cybercafe.php

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-05, 03:20 PM   #62
ynnek

Its madness.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 03:47 PM   #63
sirplayalot

new update from Steam!

Day of Defeat®: Source™ (DoD: Source), the latest version of the WWII online action game from Valve®, will be made available to gamers everywhere on September 26.

"Day of Defeat has quietly been one of the most played online action games for the past three years," said Gabe Newell, president and founder of Valve. "Day of Defeat: Source represents a major leap forward in both graphics and gameplay, and pushes the Source engine harder than any other Source project. "

DoD: Source takes the classic teamplay of DoD and expands the experience with Source, the engine technology Valve created for Half-Life® 2 and it's next generation of games. With this technology, DoD: Source offers state of the art graphics with optimized versions of popular maps and all new player, weapon and world models, plus support for HDR lighting.

DoD: Source leverages the power of the Source engine by introducing advanced sound technology to provide a more immersive soundscape and integrated physics simulation technology for ragdolls and physically simulated objects throughout each map.

Available via Steam for just $19.95 and in the Counter-Strike: Source retail package, DoD: Source is a rebuild from the ground up of Day of Defeat on the Source engine.

DoD: Source will be available for pre-load and pre-order next week. Those who purchased the Half-Life 2 Silver or Gold Steam offers will receive a request to pre-load the game at this time and will receive access to play the moment the game is made available.

For more information, visit www.steampowered.com

Valve, Day of Defeat and Source are trademarks or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

Main rig
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe | Intel Core i7-2700k | 16GB (4x4) DDR3 | 2x Diamond Radeon 7970 Crossfire | Corsair 850W PSU | Asus 27" VG278HE 144hz | Win 7 Ultimate

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and gaming PC!
Why argue which ones better when you can just play on all of them?
sirplayalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 04:08 PM   #64
Mudcrutch

i really hope this is a complete rebuild of DOD like they saying. we need something kickass thats pretty much all-new to keep the valve party wagon rolling..
Mudcrutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 04:15 PM   #65
superklye

$20 ****ing dollars? Are you kidding me? VALVe can seriously suck my balls. This is ridiculous.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 04:59 PM   #66
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
$20 ****ing dollars? Are you kidding me? VALVe can seriously suck my balls. This is ridiculous.
But dude... you would only be paying 100+ for the same thing others got for 60... what is your problem?!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 06:46 PM   #67
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
But dude... you would only be paying 100+ for the same thing others got for 60... what is your problem?!
I. Am. Such. An. Idiot.

You are so RIGHT! This is, like, the greatest deal ever. THANK YOU VALVE! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!

Worst company ever. I don't even care about HL3 anymore. I refuse to support this company in any way in the future. This is complete and utter bull****. It's Goddamned highway robbery.
Old 09-09-05, 07:09 PM   #68
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Nice new sig ... I agree completely.

But yeah... valve sucks pretty bad... I laugh when another joins the "dark" side (and by dark side I mean smart side that will not be helping fat ass newell any longer).

Old 09-09-05, 07:15 PM   #69
anzak

I agree the CE package sucks, but you knew what was in it before you bought it. Valve said that the retail packages were = bronze which does not include DoD:Source. Also, DoD is not longer a user made mod, don't think of it as one. Just like CS:Source, you gotta pay for it.
anzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 07:18 PM   #70
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Was Half Life 2 Death Match a user made mod? I don't remember seeing it on the list of bronze games...

Same goes with The Lost Coast... well I guess that isn't coming out anyway... so...
Old 09-09-05, 07:23 PM   #71
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzak
I agree the CE package sucks, but you knew what was in it before you bought it. Valve said that the retail packages were = bronze which does not include DoD:Source. Also, DoD is not longer a user made mod, don't think of it as one. Just like CS:Source, you gotta pay for it.
But CS:Source was included with HL2.

Look, I don't care what they said. The retail package is NOT the CE. The retail package is the standard version of the game. The CE is supposed to offer something extra, besides a ****ty t-shirt, ****ty "excerpts" book, and ****ty HL1:S all on a ****ty DVD.

But that's what you get from a ****ty company I guess.
Old 09-09-05, 09:20 PM   #72
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
But yeah... valve sucks pretty bad... I laugh when another joins the "dark" side (and by dark side I mean smart side that will not be helping fat ass newell any longer).
AFAICT many (most?) cybercafes have been doing this for over a year now.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote