Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-05, 02:35 PM   #13
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Yeah... I can't wait to see the animations though... animations can make or break good looking graphics... animations are just as important to the models to me... but I am sure they will be great... I know my weekend will be shot... camping various sites to see WHO HAS THE TRAILER FIRST!... and then watching it a million times... this weekend is going to be INSANE!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 02:36 PM   #14
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Animations in the MGS games have always been above the rest... I have never been disappointed with their animations so I have no douts that they will be able to pull it off on the PS3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 02:38 PM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Animations in the MGS games have always been above the rest... I have never been disappointed with their animations so I have no douts that they will be able to pull it off on the PS3.
Yeah... I loved the animations in MGS3... but then again I loved everything in MGS3 :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 02:44 PM   #16
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades
 
H3avyM3tal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,138
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

That Snake looks a bit like Hulk Hogan, doesn't he?
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 02:46 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
That Snake looks a bit like Hulk Hogan, doesn't he?
Nah... moustache isn't bad ass enough to be like Hogan.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 03:33 PM   #18
slick
Play with conviction.
 
slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 951
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

We're talking about sony here, they are the biggest hype machine on the planet. Emotive Engine anyone?

We all know the Japanese love CGI too. So those pictures were rendered on PS3 hardware, wow. There is a difference between rendering an image and running a real-time engine. I want to see REAL footage running on REAL hardware.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 03:46 PM   #19
Edge
3d animator for hire!
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,564
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Err, I don't really see what the big deal is. I'm not even sure how someone could comment on the "background detail" in those shots when you can barely even SEE a background! The character models are nice (although if you want to be picky, you can still see blocky polygonal edges in one shot), but the screens are too small and the scenes are too obscure to really learn anything from. Actually the face detail kinda reminds me of Gears of War more than anything, even though the style is different. Trailer should be fun to watch though, the MGS games always have trailers that totally floor you.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 04:38 PM   #20
Bad_Boy
god of war.
 
Bad_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: greensboro, nc.
Posts: 2,912
Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

holy ****ing ****....


Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
We're talking about sony here, they are the biggest hype machine on the planet. Emotive Engine anyone?
we are talking about konami, sony doesnt make mgs4. from what i recall.
__________________
[PS ID: Bad_Boy]
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-05, 04:48 PM   #21
slick
Play with conviction.
 
slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 951
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
holy ****ing ****....


we are talking about konami, sony doesnt make mgs4. from what i recall.
That was more directed at the DMC, I know for a fact that Konami has never shown a screen shot or gameplay movie that is not capable real-time. One of the very few Japanese devs to do that, and I appreciate it.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 04:49 PM   #22
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
We're talking about sony here, they are the biggest hype machine on the planet. Emotive Engine anyone?

We all know the Japanese love CGI too. So those pictures were rendered on PS3 hardware, wow. There is a difference between rendering an image and running a real-time engine. I want to see REAL footage running on REAL hardware.
Aren't you the guy that posts Xbox 360 BS nonstop?

Now that something that looks insanely amazing comes out for PS3 you are all crying... besides... Kojima and his team ALWAYS use in game graphics for their cutscenes... so you have no backing.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 04:50 PM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
That was more directed at the DMC, I know for a fact that Konami has never shown a screen shot or gameplay movie that is not capable real-time. One of the very few Japanese devs to do that, and I appreciate it.
Capcom is not owned by Sony either... just FYI.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 06:01 PM   #24
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Err, I don't really see what the big deal is. I'm not even sure how someone could comment on the "background detail" in those shots when you can barely even SEE a background! The character models are nice (although if you want to be picky, you can still see blocky polygonal edges in one shot), but the screens are too small and the scenes are too obscure to really learn anything from. Actually the face detail kinda reminds me of Gears of War more than anything, even though the style is different. Trailer should be fun to watch though, the MGS games always have trailers that totally floor you.
2nd

Those screens show NOTHING revolutionary. The consoles that we have right now have produced better looking images

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Far Cry 3 preview and E3 presentation footage News Archived News Items 0 06-06-12 10:30 AM
Dante's Peak: DmC Devil May Cry PC-Bound In 2013 News Archived News Items 0 05-22-12 05:50 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.