Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-14-05, 05:08 PM   #25
GamerGuyX

Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

The only thing I find funny is how those screenshots look nothing like the footage shown at E3. I mean they look great don't get me wrong. But they are nowhere near as good as the CG quality PS3 videos shown at E3.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:15 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
The only thing I find funny is how those screenshots look nothing like the footage shown at E3. I mean they look great don't get me wrong. But they are nowhere near as good as the CG quality PS3 videos shown at E3.
I will give you that DMC4 isn't looking GREAT... but those MGS4 shots are pretty amazing... and Kojima and his team will refine them and make them better... I know I go on and on about Kojima and his team... but they are freaking amazing at the things they can do with the hardware they are given. Besides... these are magazine scans... quality isn't completely perfect... so you never know.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:16 PM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
2nd

Those screens show NOTHING revolutionary. The consoles that we have right now have produced better looking images

K
Bottle the crack you are smoking and sell it to the entire world... split the money and give me 10%... I will be richer than Bill Gates.

You are honestly trying to tell me current gen systems have shown these types of graphics IN GAME?
Old 09-14-05, 08:02 PM   #28
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Bottle the crack you are smoking and sell it to the entire world... split the money and give me 10%... I will be richer than Bill Gates.
Old 09-14-05, 08:16 PM   #29
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Id' have to disagree about that. Some videos were obviously better than others.. but if you compare the same game from e3...
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/7...g_2786803.html
then check out the scans, its easy to see that the new shots look equal or better both in the character model (even though dante looks weird this time around) and in the background enviroment. (check out the RE5 type street image with the 'cafe' sign behind him)

i honestly cant wait to see how they do cloth physics next generation, maybe they will actually deform realistically this time.

these are scans so i think we should wait till we see these games in motion till we get our final thoughts about them, i think the animation is a key factor next gen to make all these realistic screen shots come to life.

about mgs4, some of the images look like what your speaking of, but some definately look like e3 or better. check the image next to otacon on the right with the soldier on the tank, the level of detail id say is about on par. also that one shot of snake/solidus in the top left corner where he is holding the gun looking down in the sun, nothing but impressive. look at the lighting and detail. i simply cant wait.
Old 09-14-05, 09:07 PM   #30
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
My god... these look light years ahead of any x360 title... Just look the background detail and how awsome dante looks in the large shot.

I already commented on how MGS4 looks in the other thread but I have to again... HOLY ****!
Do ever read your own posts and realize how much of a fanboy you are? I mean come on... "OMFG, this proves PS3 totally ownz0rs teh x-box, it can't even play pacman or even solitaire, only buy PS3 or you get herpes I swear!"

Look I can do it too! Impressive...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:10 PM   #31
slick
Play with conviction.

Honestly, it's a SINGLE shot of a character model and half of the people here are already jumping on it and proclaiming it the "real" next-gen, just because it's PS3, when in fact it looks worse then alot of things we have already seen. I swear, fanboyism to the extreme.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:37 PM   #32
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Honestly, it's a SINGLE shot of a character model and half of the people here are already jumping on it and proclaiming it the "real" next-gen, just because it's PS3, when in fact it looks worse then alot of things we have already seen. I swear, fanboyism to the extreme.
Pot kettle, kettle pot.

Old 09-14-05, 09:39 PM   #33
kev13dd

Quote:

You are honestly trying to tell me current gen systems have shown these types of graphics IN GAME?
Show me the freaking screenshot from those scans that you claim are so good, cause the screenshots I'm looking at might not be in current gen, only because those graphics you are talking about, are pure crap

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:44 PM   #34
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Show me the freaking screenshot from those scans that you claim are so good, cause the screenshots I'm looking at might not be in current gen, only because those graphics you are talking about, are pure crap

K
You show me a current gen game that looks as good as the MGS4 shots IN GAME.
Old 09-14-05, 09:46 PM   #35
kev13dd

Quote:
You show me a current gen game that looks as good as the MGS4 shots IN GAME.
There were 2, 3 max shots of credible actual noteworthy things in those screens. And guess what- they were all of the SAME THING. I didn't say I was going to show you shots- we're talking about the ones at the beginning of this thread. And I asked YOU to show me which ones you considered so amazing

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:50 PM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
There were 2, 3 max shots of credible actual noteworthy things in those screens. And guess what- they were all of the SAME THING. I didn't say I was going to show you shots- we're talking about the ones at the beginning of this thread. And I asked YOU to show me which ones you considered so amazing

K
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegtro
Metal Gear Solid 4
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Those. Now you claim these graphics are crappy and perfectly possible on current gen systems... I want you to show me an Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube game that has as much detail as those.