Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-05, 09:55 PM   #37
slick
Play with conviction.
 
slick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 951
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Those. Now you claim these graphics are crappy and perfectly possible on current gen systems... I want you to show me an Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube game that has as much detail as those.
Picture 1 has absolutely no shots of anything in it.

Picture 2 only contains a single shot of gameplay - the face shot. The rest of it is art.

Picture 3 has a very vague shot of a mech looking thing, and a bland looking tank with a guy on top of it. (and I suspect both of those are art aswell).



I see nothing impressive at all.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:55 PM   #38
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Those. Now you claim these graphics are crappy and perfectly possible on current gen systems... I want you to show me an Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube game that has as much detail as those.
Omg

DUH

I know those are the COLLECTIONS of screens you are talking about. I'm talking about INDIVIDUAL ones and you know that, so get off your technicality horse and get real. Some of the links you sent me include pictures of REAL LIFE PEOPLE, and I don't believe you are refering to them about the "super duper detailedness". So open up your favorite photo editing program, do some cropping and saving, and post THOSE. Specific examples

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:15 PM   #39
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
Omg

DUH

I know those are the COLLECTIONS of screens you are talking about. I'm talking about INDIVIDUAL ones and you know that, so get off your technicality horse and get real. Some of the links you sent me include pictures of REAL LIFE PEOPLE, and I don't believe you are refering to them about the "super duper detailedness". So open up your favorite photo editing program, do some cropping and saving, and post THOSE. Specific examples

K
The only MGS4 screenshots available to the public are the ones that were scanned and linked to in this thread. Just because they are shown in a magazine does not mean they are not real in-game screenshots.

EDIT: Oh and some specific examples of what we are talking about:









__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:19 PM   #40
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
The only MGS4 screenshots available to the public are the ones that were scaned and linked to in this thread. Just because they are shown in a magazine does not mean they are not real in-game screenshots.

EDIT: Oh and some specific examples of what we are talking about:

Thank you for that... I am sure he will deny those shots and whatnot... but the amount of detail in that model is insane... the suit looks so freaking detailed and it looks like his teeth are individually modeled :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:49 PM   #41
Bad_Boy
god of war.
 
Bad_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: greensboro, nc.
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

before this goes into a real vs not real debate....

i was thinking, maybe thats not an eyepatch. it looks too sophisticated for something that is just supposed to cover his eye. maybe it helps him somehow.

ok now this can go into a real vs not real debate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Picture 1 has absolutely no shots of anything in it.
Picture 2 only contains a single shot of gameplay - the face shot. The rest of it is art.
Picture 3 has a very vague shot of a mech looking thing, and a bland looking tank with a guy on top of it. (and I suspect both of those are art aswell).
I see nothing impressive at all.
art?

only art i see is on that first page
__________________
[PS ID: Bad_Boy]
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:53 PM   #42
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
before this goes into a real vs not real debate....

i was thinking, maybe thats not an eyepatch. it looks too sophisticated for something that is just supposed to cover his eye. maybe it helps him somehow.
Well there is some debate on other boards that it might be a sort of HUD... possibly to control the MG Mark II shown in one of the pics (it appears to not have any weapons... so people assume it might be a way to sort of scout the area).

We won't know for a while (or maybe this weekend).
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:56 PM   #43
Bad_Boy
god of war.
 
Bad_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: greensboro, nc.
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

yeah thats beleivable. it just doesnt seem like an eyepatch to me.
but yeah, i cant wait until tgs
__________________
[PS ID: Bad_Boy]
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 10:58 PM   #44
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Second scan has one picture that isn't MGS4 ingame....

Let me give you a hint...

Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-05, 12:10 AM   #45
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
EDIT: Oh and some specific examples of what we are talking about:

Images of the Splinter Cell guy looked almost as detailed as this when they were promoting the game

Quote:
How can you call that good? First off, it doesn't look like it's out of a game, it looks like it's off a painting canvas. And if you want to claim "omg no it's not its in game" then explain how this face is so much different than the other face picture you posted. Why would the main character get LESS detail than the others?

Quote:
This one looks more in game than the previous one, but I still think it looks too much like art rather than game. But if it is in game, it might be impressive, although we've seen games come out and show AMAZING face models then fail to produce. Half Life 2 I remember being shown some better faces than actually came out in game. And Unreal 3 I've seen faces on par or better than this one

Quote:
Like I said before, one or two might be considered good. This is one of them if it's in game. But, I believe it's a CG split screen. Look at the cigarette in his mouth. Name one game that had the character's facial expression change so much while playing. Not to mention start smoking

Quote:
The background is so blurry on this one it leads me to believe that if this an actual in game shot, then it means nothing. Getting one model to look good means nothing in this industry, it's getting the whole game to look good

I don't care if this game turns out beautiful, or if it's a major flop. I don't care about "I told you so"s when this game comes out, or anything about the game except those screens. Those screens are all we have to judge it on. And they are ugly. And I don't like the fact that people are staring at these screens and drooling like a guy watching a wet t-shirt contest. The screens aren't worth it, they aren't pretty- they are ugly

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 12:23 AM   #46
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
I don't like the fact that people are staring at these screens and drooling like a guy watching a wet t-shirt contest. The screens aren't worth it, they aren't pretty- they are ugly
See thats the thing, just because YOU say those screens are ugly does not mean it is fact. Why don't you get it through your head?
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 12:35 AM   #47
kev13dd
Registered User
 
kev13dd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,431
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
See thats the thing, just because you say those screens are ugly does not mean it is fact. Why don't you get it throught your head?
Because Mr. Hunt is on here verbally assualting anyone who says they are ugly. He said I was on crack and he called the kettle black on another person. And my original intent was asking why people thought they were good looking. So it's through my head. What seems to be the problem is the people who are so obsessed and in love with the pictures, can't get it through THEIR heads that all I'm asking is a justifcation for what makes them so pretty

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 12:50 AM   #48
GamerGuyX
 
GamerGuyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kentwood, Michigan
Posts: 4,200
Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
What seems to be the problem is the people who are so obsessed and in love with the pictures, can't get it through THEIR heads that all I'm asking is a justifcation for what makes them so pretty
Beauty is not something that can be explained. If something looks good to somebody it just does. Its all subjective. What kind of an answer were you looking for anways?
__________________
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. -[B] V[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]


[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Far Cry 3 preview and E3 presentation footage News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 06-06-12 09:30 AM
Dante's Peak: DmC Devil May Cry PC-Bound In 2013 News Latest Tech And Game Headlines 0 05-22-12 04:50 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.