Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-15-05, 01:15 AM   #49
kev13dd

Default Re: [PS3] MGS4 + Devil May Cry Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Beauty is not something that can be explained. If something looks good to somebody it just does. Its all subjective. What kind of an answer were you looking for anways?
Abstract beauty maybe. But otherwise, especially game beauty, it's easier to describe. Detailed models, high polygons, HDR, low amounts of AA, tons of stuff. What makes a game beautiful is a lot different- because each part of beauty in a game has a feature name, unlike every stroke of a paintbrush

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 01:28 AM   #50
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
Abstract beauty maybe. But otherwise, especially game beauty, it's easier to describe. Detailed models, high polygons, HDR, low amounts of AA, tons of stuff. What makes a game beautiful is a lot different- because each part of beauty in a game has a feature name, unlike every stroke of a paintbrush

K
Okay then so how do you explain why all these people prefer the visual style of WOW over EQII? I mean EQII is technically superior to WOW on every level graphics wise.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 02:06 AM   #51
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
Okay then so how do you explain why all these people prefer the visual style of WOW over EQII? I mean EQII is technically superior to WOW on ever level graphics wise.
WOW has a more cartoonish look if you ask me. It doesn't aim to be 100% realistic because it accepts that it's not real. That's at least why I prefer it. I believe that WoW accomplished exactly what it was shooting for. EQII on the other hand, tried so hard to be perfect, that all the flaws are much easier to notice

K
Old 09-15-05, 02:57 AM   #52
Knot3D

Some ppl are so in denial
Old 09-15-05, 08:42 AM   #53
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Picture 1 has absolutely no shots of anything in it.

Picture 2 only contains a single shot of gameplay - the face shot. The rest of it is art.

Picture 3 has a very vague shot of a mech looking thing, and a bland looking tank with a guy on top of it. (and I suspect both of those are art aswell).
Not art and

I see nothing impressive at all.
Sorry your wrong about them being art, every shot shown is of realtime ingame graphics. So says the man Kojima himself. Also he is known for never mocking up any shots.

kev13dd, The blurry look in the background is due to realtime HDR and depth blur. Even the x360 is doing this in many of the shots released, if those are realtime or not I do not know but Kojima said that these are.
Old 09-15-05, 06:40 PM   #54
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
kev13dd, The blurry look in the background is due to realtime HDR and depth blur. Even the x360 is doing this in many of the shots released, if those are realtime or not I do not know but Kojima said that these are.
Never before have I said "the X360 so doesn't do that". A lot of the screenshots I've seen for the X360 do the same thing, only showing character models and such

Granted, hardly any magazines you see ever show an actual screenshot like you see online, so I shouldn't be hating on them because of that. It's a magazine, the quality is low, and options are limited

K
Old 09-15-05, 06:45 PM   #55
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
Never before have I said "the X360 so doesn't do that". A lot of the screenshots I've seen for the X360 do the same thing, only showing character models and such

Granted, hardly any magazines you see ever show an actual screenshot like you see online, so I shouldn't be hating on them because of that. It's a magazine, the quality is low, and options are limited

K
Thank you. Wait for the TGS trailer... and then we can truly see how amazing it is.

Gonna be a while of me camping IGN...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 12:02 AM   #56
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

whoa...

i cant wait to see it in motion, the way kojima talks about being "natural" the animations should be pretty good

Old 09-16-05, 01:08 AM   #57
kev13dd

All the high res pictures over at IGN are a step up from those lame scans

K
Old 09-16-05, 02:17 AM   #58
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Nice screenshots, very detailed. Character models seem to have managed to make a big leap above even MGS3's characters (which were very good to begin with). Although, the jaggies and the somewhat sharp edges in places do mar the images slightly, I figured AA and almost totally smooth curves wouldn't be an issue in a game like MGS4.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 02:22 AM   #59
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

i dont think ive seen any AA in any showings of ps3 games yet, i doubt they will implement it until final dev kits. its not technically free like on the 360 so i think they will wait until they get max performance out first. but i think it looks great considering theres alot of power in those final dev kits they cant even touch yet.
Old 09-18-05, 07:10 AM   #60
|MaguS|

Devil May Cry 4

I can't dout this is real-time now after seeing MGS4, We know its possible...