Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-14-05, 05:14 PM   #1
Droid6

Default PS3 fanboys stay out....

......because you can't deny these screenshots.

PGR3
PGR3
Kameo
Gears of War
Gears of War
DOA4

Now i'm not denying the PS3 will be a good system but some of the ignorance spewing from some of these post about the Xbox 360 is unbelievable. I'm not trying to stir up crap, rather just giving a reminder that the 360 is a bad mother.
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:20 PM   #2
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Default Re: PS3 fanboys stay out....

I wonder how many of those are pre-rendered.....
Old 09-14-05, 05:30 PM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Honestly DOA4 looks like crap to me... it looks like DOA3 with SLIGHTLY better graphics.

That is all I will say.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 05:35 PM   #4
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
You can tell whether or not it's pre-rendered most of the time. The Kameo one isn't I bet, look at the feet on the metal robot, they're pretty low poly.

The gear's of war ones are legit, because I've seen countless vids with them :X

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 06:58 PM   #5
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
......because you can'y deny these screenshots.
you forgot to add are pre-rendered
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 07:07 PM   #6
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
you forgot to add are pre-rendered
To be honest I'd take Cliffy B's (lead designer of Epic Games) statements over yours. He stated a month or two ago on G4TV.com that eveything that has been shown for Gears of War is completely real-time and running on the Xbox 360.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:04 PM   #7
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
None of those images are prerendered. PGR3 is an AMAZING looking gam, which we have seen running real time, and Gears of War was shown real time (not quite 30 fps) on G4, but just as gorgeous as the SS's none the less.

On a side note, those are horrible shots of all the games (especially DOA4).

Gears of War
PGR3 (amazing reflections, with a little blur)
PGR3 (real-time blur)
PGR3 (Amazing environments)
Oblivion
Oblivion
Oblivion
Oblivion (sweet environment shot)
Oblivion (sweet town shot)
DOA4
DOA4
CoD2
Wardevil
Wardevil
World Airforce
World Airforce
The Outfit
The Outfit (Best. Explosions. Ever.)
99 Nights
Huxley
Huxley

And countless other awesome looking games. The 360 is by no means a weak system.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 09:14 PM   #8
slick
Play with conviction.

And on a side note...

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3143680

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up
Answering those critics, just before this year's Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft and Epic invited us to check out the game -- running on the newly unleashed final Xbox 360 development kits. And it looks better than it did at E3. Not drastically better (or even drastically different, given that the level they showed was one of the levels that was shown at E3), but for those worried about the company not being able to produce the same level of quality in the visuals, this undeniably shows that the game will look that good (or better, if Epic is to be believed).

In the demo we checked out, the characters and environments looked just like they did at E3, but other minor details were improved, such as the nice dramatic motion blur effect when you turn quickly and the polished look of the line that shows up when you aim to throw a grenade (which now looks futuristic). The framerate appears to be improved on the E3 version as well, and though it's still not 100% perfect in all areas -- the game doesn't come out until 2006, after all -- it's clearly well within reach and we don't see the occasional hiccups showing up in the final version at all.

According to Epic's Cliff Bleszinski, the game as it is running right now is only using one of the Xbox 360's three cores, and has been up and running on the final development kits for only about two weeks. The game had been running on Beta development kits for only a few weeks before that, so it's clear that the team at Epic is only getting started in terms of finding out how much power they can get out of the system.

Epic Vice President Mark Rein states he believes Gears of War has the potential to become a bigger franchise than Unreal for Epic, given its focus on storytelling and a strong single-player experience, and based on what we've seen of the game so far, we're inclined to believe him. Microsoft will be releasing new screenshots of the game when the Tokyo Game Show opens on Friday in Japan (U.S. time: 6:00 Thursday night), so check back soon for those and look out for more news on the game from Microsoft's X05 event early next month.

1 core ladies and gents. Picture that game running on all three.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-05, 10:57 PM   #9
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Hmm that 99 Nights or Knights(?) shot looks pre-rendered to me. no machine can handle such insane poly count at once!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 11:28 PM   #10
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Hmm that 99 Nights or Knights(?) shot looks pre-rendered to me. no machine can handle such insane poly count at once!
First off - the ones in the background will have a low LOD. They won't consist of that many polys. Besides that though, it could be fake, but we won't know until we see it in action. Besides even that - the 360 GPU is going to be very good in vertex limited scenarios (I would think), because it can move as many shading units as it needs to vertex performance, AND it has geometry shaders - i.e., geometry can be generated on the card (at least, that's what I've heard).

EDIT: I'd also like to say that this is a foolish thread. Why can't we just get along and stop arguing about consoles that we have no access to yet? I'm excited about both the PS3 and the XBOX360, and we really won't know which, if either, is better until they both come out. Wait and bloody see.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-05, 11:32 PM   #11
oldsk00l

I'm not a PS3 fanboy, but here let me toast those screenshots for you.

They are not going to look any better than what PS3 launches with, and what PS3 launches with won't look any better than what the xbox360 launches with.

Reason?

Production cost, thank you please drive through....these stupid "vs" threads that are about graphics capability are really stupid.

It's going to boil down to gaming style...NOT graphics. For better or for worse the graphics are going to be exploded to whatever the developers budget for it, it's what they do with the gameplay that determines the better systems.......
Old 09-14-05, 11:59 PM   #12
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
It's called N3: Nighty Nine Nights. And it is realtime, there's actually a video of gameplay out there. But like Phantagram's first Xbox game, the gameplay itself looks kinda boring in the first trailer (character's move far too stiff). But, since the action scenes originally looked bad in early KUF: The Crusaders trailers and ended up being very fun in the final version, I'm not too worried about them improving that aspect for N3 as well. And after seeing an Xbox 1 game with over 100 characters at once with over 2000 polygons each, I think the idea of N3 being real-time isn't all that hard to imagine.

Edit: ahh, here's the video I was talking about: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6962&type=wmv
It's just shakycam footage, so don't expect a HD-quality trailer or anything. But it still shows a pretty impressive number of units on the screen.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote