Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-15-05, 12:11 AM   #13
Rakeesh

Default Re: PS3 fanboys stay out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Honestly DOA4 looks like crap to me...
I dunno...that ass looked pretty nice to me.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 12:16 AM   #14
superklye

GoW looks so good I want to cry.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 01:45 AM   #15
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Besides LOD, the Xenon should support instancing, too. You do all the calculations associated to T&L once and repeat the same mesh all over the screen, scalded up or down like a sprite.

There's even a demo running on NVidia hardware about this feature. A cheap trick to increase the polycount without the associated overhead.
XFX 9600GSO 384MB
Little freak wonder
msxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 02:00 AM   #16
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxyz
Besides LOD, the Xenon should support instancing, too. You do all the calculations associated to T&L once and repeat the same mesh all over the screen, scalded up or down like a sprite.

There's even a demo running on NVidia hardware about this feature. A cheap trick to increase the polycount without the associated overhead.
You only lose some overhead - you've still got to rasterise all the triangles you draw, and even factoring out some of the transform, you still have to do independant lighting per vertex. The NV40 and above supports instancing, and the proper one.... seems to have been removed from the SDK in v 9.0. Weird. Though you're right of course - as they know instancing is supported, they can rely on it to render lots of versions of the same geometry.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 02:03 AM   #17
de><ta
prodigy

No point getting hyped up over a couple of bullshots .

I want to see the actual product.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 05:26 AM   #18
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta

Those are all real-time in-game shots. It may not be the finished project, but that's what the games will look like.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 06:21 AM   #19
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Those are all real-time in-game shots. It may not be the finished project, but that's what the games will look like.
are you referring to the madden on the left or right?
the one on the left is a artist concept of what the final might look like, not real time. the one on the right is real-time i beleive.
Old 09-15-05, 08:35 AM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
the one on the left is a artist concept of what the final might look like, not real time. the one on the right is real-time i beleive.
Shot B is what madden will look like on the x360. I still want to see gameplay shots of PGR3 and DOA4 since well both developers are known for using high res raw shots for hype and MS even allows this (don't make me find the NG, DOA3 and Halo2 shots).

Unless they are from a trusted developer (I believe GoW will look as good as its been shown since I trust Epic and seen it at E3) I wont drool over the shots.

Before you mention my recent comments about MGS4, Kojima is known for never making mock up shots to generate hype and has also gone on the record saying that the shots were taken from the game running on the PS3.

Old 09-15-05, 02:22 PM   #21
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I was referring to all the shots that I posted and he claimed were bullshots. None of them are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Shot B is what madden will look like on the x360. I still want to see gameplay shots of PGR3 and DOA4 since well both developers are known for using high res raw shots for hype and MS even allows this (don't make me find the NG, DOA3 and Halo2 shots).

Unless they are from a trusted developer (I believe GoW will look as good as its been shown since I trust Epic and seen it at E3) I wont drool over the shots.

Before you mention my recent comments about MGS4, Kojima is known for never making mock up shots to generate hype and has also gone on the record saying that the shots were taken from the game running on the PS3.
Everything in PGR3 is real-time. You don't remember that 720p demo they released? A Bizarre employee is an avid member over at TXB, and has assured us that everything they have showed us is real-time. What's more is Bizarre has never released a fake shot claiming it to be real-time of any PGR game. If it's CGI, they flat out tell you. The pictures I posted (with the exception of the environment shot, that was a still photo, but will look the same running real-time nonetheless) are all real-time.

Again, all the Oblivion shots that I posted are real-time. The only CGI shots they released were the teasers that they showed last october. Everything else is real-time.

Yes, Madden '06 looks like ass. We know. Who's developing that game again? Oh right. EA.

I've already said that I know for a fact Kojima never releases any shots that aren't possible real-time.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 02:23 PM   #22
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta

LOL, that word seriously needs to be incorporated to the gamers' vernacular. It's awesome.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 03:41 PM   #23
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Honestly DOA4 looks like crap to me... it looks like DOA3 with SLIGHTLY better graphics.

That is all I will say.
Boring comments like this is why I named this thread "PS3 fanboys stay out" not because I think the PS3 sucks (it will be awesome) but because I thought it would be possible to have a thread talking about how nice the 360 looks.

BTW
DOA3
DOA4
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-05, 03:58 PM   #24
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6
Boring comments like this is why I named this thread "PS3 fanboys stay out" not because I think the PS3 sucks (it will be awesome) but because I thought it would be possible to have a thread talking about how nice the 360 looks.

BTW
DOA3
DOA4
Hey, assface... I am not a PS3 fanboy... I will buy an Xbox 360 eventually (I will not buy one and let it collect dust like I did with the first Xbox though)... I will wait until a game that I FEEL is actually worth buying comes out.

My comment wasn't anything like "OMG X360 HAS SUXOR GRAFIX!"... it was more like "OMG DOA4 HAS SUXOR GRAFIX!".... I wouldn't even be impressed if that was coming out for PS2 or Xbox... it honestly doesn't look next-gen to me.

Kameo looks graphically well done (except it is definitely NOT an art-style I like), but the gameplay looks like it would be too boring to me.

I get tired of every jackass calling people fanboys simply because they disagree.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote