Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-20-03, 09:21 AM   #13
volt

Maybe you should try installing corefonts (from corefonts.sourceforge.net). Why did you copy those fonts in the first place?
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-03, 10:50 AM   #14
lmetza

Send a message via AIM to lmetza

well when there was no fonts folder it complained about not finding them, so i decided to give it a try (since they are fonts) . Looks like it didnt work. I will do what you said and try installing the corefonts? Do i need to do anything special do get them in /home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/fonts
??
BTW: I installed RTCW (no sound in SP) it asks for dcom95 to be downloaded and installed for multiplayer, i downloaded that from M$ and installed it (wine dcom95.exe) so thats setup, do i need to re-install DirectX 8.1 now? or what. Cuz during setup of RTCW when it asked for me to get DCOM95 it said to reinstall directx 8.0a after that, but isnt wineX dx8.1?

And is there a possible way of getting Installshield installers to work in this CVS version? some work around.

Thanks
lmetza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-03, 12:33 PM   #15
tuxfriend

Question @ volt:
why dont you use ./configure and then as root ./tools/wineinstall?
It worked for me and it allready creates a /c when you say yes
when it ask to create a /.wine/config file.Its much easier to use.
tuxfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-03, 12:36 PM   #16
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by tuxfriend
Question @ volt:
why dont you use ./configure and then as root ./tools/wineinstall?
It worked for me and it allready creates a /c when you say yes
when it ask to create a /.wine/config file.Its much easier to use.
I did configure winex.
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 01-20-03, 12:38 PM   #17
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by lmetza
well when there was no fonts folder it complained about not finding them, so i decided to give it a try (since they are fonts) . Looks like it didnt work. I will do what you said and try installing the corefonts? Do i need to do anything special do get them in /home/dan/.wine/c_drive/windows/fonts
??
BTW: I installed RTCW (no sound in SP) it asks for dcom95 to be downloaded and installed for multiplayer, i downloaded that from M$ and installed it (wine dcom95.exe) so thats setup, do i need to re-install DirectX 8.1 now? or what. Cuz during setup of RTCW when it asked for me to get DCOM95 it said to reinstall directx 8.0a after that, but isnt wineX dx8.1?

And is there a possible way of getting Installshield installers to work in this CVS version? some work around.

Thanks
I never had to install fonts into wine directory. I believe it came with wine installation (I have to check). Only fonts I installed on top of Redhat fonts were corefonts.

Old 01-20-03, 02:51 PM   #18
lmetza

k, now it wants to load the installer for warcraft 3, goody. But warcraft 3 says in big yellow letters
"Windows 95 Detected"
then in greay letters below it it says.
"windows 95 is NOT SUPPORTED for warcraft III."

can i change the version to windows 98 somehow. I really wanna play WC3.
Old 01-20-03, 03:52 PM   #19
tuxfriend

try: "wine xxxxxx.exe --winver win98"
should help

tuxfriend
Old 01-20-03, 04:06 PM   #20
lmetza

just curious about this, am i able to go into the config file and change win95 to win98???

Old 01-20-03, 04:21 PM   #21
tuxfriend

Hi,
I dont know,did not try.Just tried the "--winver" option on my
installation with RedHat 7.3 and WineX from last year as I used it
at Quakecon to play JK2 and SOF2.There was no need to use this option
for the games I used.
Can you install WarCraft III now.Think you need a nocd-crack to play.

tuxfriend
Old 01-20-03, 04:36 PM   #22
lmetza

So will i be able to play on battle.net, because i know in windows if you use a crack you need to get like 2 othejr fixes for bnet playability?

Now about installshield. How can i add support for installshiel in wineX.
I mentioned earlyer that i have wineX 2.21 downloaded (winex221.tar.bz2) it is a build it seems. Would it have installshield support and will i need cracks if i use it?
If so how would i uninstall my current wineX installation properly?
Old 01-20-03, 04:59 PM   #23
tuxfriend

In first place,does it work now-can you play it in single player?
Second,do you need a nocd-crack or not?I use the .rpms so this is no
issue for me,with the CVS-version I dont know,just try it out.
If you want to uninstall your current version I posted a link in some of your other postings:
http://www.linuxfusion.net/installwine.htm
have a look at it.
As I know Intrashield is only supported when using the .rpms.
Does it install now???? You drive me crazy,dont ask questions in adwance,lets take it step by step.

cu tomorrow tuxfriend
Old 01-20-03, 05:17 PM   #24
lmetza

tuxfriend check pm