Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-05, 01:25 AM   #13
DEaD_IRiS

Default Re: Nintendo Revolution's "revolutionary" controller

Kudos for innovation, but it just doesn't appeal to me. Probably will work great for some squirelly japanese games (nintendogs) but it just feels like i'm no longer in Nintendos demographic.

I'll withold final judgement till some objective reviews come in.
DEaD_IRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 01:51 AM   #14
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp
Wow.. thats weird. The b and the c buttons are too far away I think.
All I have to do is "teach" my Universal learning remote the button frequencies, and I'd have a Revolution controller. I think it's a rather silly design, but, meh.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 02:37 AM   #15
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

I just noticed something, turn the controller 90 degrees to the right, and what old skool pad do you have? Theres something in that, and them shipping Gamecube like controllers... yet the pic of this thing with its analogue side part. I mean 3rd party ports anyone? NO CHANCE! Although, think of a fighting game, with a sword or something that used the 3d sensor movements...
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 03:00 AM   #16
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Interesting. I'm still going to buy Revolution since it'll cost less comparing with PS3 and XBOX360. Also I want to be able to play old games too.

I've been loyal to Nintendo and always will.

EDIT: Just read an article, OMG that sounds very fun! There's always 3rd party controller, so quit complaining.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 03:50 AM   #17
Am_I_Evil

"Nintendo also mentioned that the controller stick could be slipped inside other, more conventional controller shells, dance mats, bongos, or other peripherals." (From EGM)
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 05:08 AM   #18
|MaguS|

I think its stupid, I personally always hated the one handed controllers... there have been many in the past and they all sucked.
Old 09-16-05, 05:15 AM   #19
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencerelite
I've been loyal to Nintendo and always will.
What a stupid thing to say.

You shouldn't blindly base your purchases on your "loyalties".

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 05:17 AM   #20
GamerGuyX

Double post.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]

Old 09-16-05, 06:58 AM   #21
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Lots of trash talking for knowing next to nothing about what's going on...why don't you guys wait and see how this ends up working before dogging it. Just a couple of pictures won't tell you anything useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
What a stupid thing to say.

You shouldn't blindly base your purchases on your "loyalties".
Why call him stupid? And what's wrong with purchasing based on loyalties? "Loyalty" means having faith in something even when it seems like you shouldn't - and frankly, there's no reason to think that this controller won't work fine. And I noticed you all conveniently ignored the part where you can hook it up to a "normal" analog-stick based controller, amongst other things. Why don't you wait to try it out before bashing it?

We all call ourselves hardware/tech junkies yet you all reject this based solely on a single picture, ignoring the possibilities that come with it. Shouldn't we welcome innovation with open arms, in this stagnating cesspool of a hobby we call gaming? Instead you want to be spoon fed the same **** you've been playing for years now. All that matters to any of you, regardless of what you say, is GRAPHICS. Well that's fine for you but it's not enough for me. So keep your smartass fanboy comments to yourself. The Revolution might suck but I'm gonna give it a shot at least.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 07:14 AM   #22
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Why call him stupid?
I didn't call him stupid. I stated only that he said something stupid.

Quote:
Why don't you wait to try it out before bashing it?
Why don't you wait to try it out before acting like its the most perfect thing in the world?

Quote:
The Revolution might suck but I'm gonna give it a shot at least.
Who told you I wasn't going to buy a Revolution?

I've bought all of Nintendo's systems they've created so far...

Old 09-16-05, 07:23 AM   #23
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Why don't you wait to try it out before acting like its the most perfect thing in the world?
When did I say it was perfect? That's right, I didn't. You have to put words in my mouth to even have a response.
Quote:
Who told you I wasn't going to buy a Revolution?

I've bought all of Nintendo's systems they've created so far...
I wasn't talking to you specifically, I was referring to people who are going to write this system off without even ever looking twice at it. Hence the second paragraph.

Really the best argument I could see against it is that third party support could suffer. Ported games will certainly not be feasible but then again, most ported games suck (or are sports games, which I don't play). So for me at least, that's a non-issue. I will be dissuaded if large developers like Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, etc. stay away from making exclusive titles, though.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 07:25 AM   #24
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
When did I say it was perfect? That's right, I didn't. You have to put words in my mouth to even have a response.
There are ways of saying certain things without saying them in words.