Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-16-05, 07:27 AM   #25
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Nintendo Revolution's "revolutionary" controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
There are ways of saying certain things without saying them in words.
If you got "The Revolution controller is perfect" from what I posted, well...you're beyond help, kiddo. Not like you had much hope to begin with.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 07:27 AM   #26
oldsk00l

I must say, there is one area....say you want to get a chick off with a dildo?

Or, say you're jacking off an in-game character for the hot french vanilla espresso mod?

Or, you put the controller to your waist, and start gettin a chick doggie style....mmm...yeah the controller would be alright for that
Old 09-16-05, 07:29 AM   #27
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsk00l
I must say, there is one area....say you want to get a chick off with a dildo?

Or, say you're jacking off an in-game character for the hot french vanilla espresso mod?

Or, you put the controller to your waist, and start gettin a chick doggie style....mmm...yeah the controller would be alright for that
Please oldsk00l, you're supposed to be an adult, right? What is your problem? You didn't even read the article, did you? If you did, what leads you to believe that this is a "horrible flaming trainwreck" or whatever?

Do you guys play video games because it's a fashion show or because you like having fun? It seems to me to be the former for many of you.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 09-16-05, 07:34 AM   #28
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
If you got "The Revolution controller is perfect" from what I posted, well...you're beyond help, kiddo. Not like you had much hope to begin with.
I have yet to see you post anything critical about the controller. Not anything like "oh they should change this" or "I think this is a feature that could of been improved".

Not to mention that you resort to insults if somebody disagree's with your opinion on how great the controller is...

Quote:
Do you guys play video games because it's a fashion show or because you like having fun? It seems to me to be the former for many of you.
Fun gameplay and great storyline is the number 1 most important features for me for gaming. With that in mind I still don't see how the Revolution's controller could impact any of that versus the controllers we use now.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 07:42 AM   #29
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

I hate that, when someone takes what you haven't said it turns into something else you haven't said either.

Guys Ninja is right, you haven't tried this thing, it's one thing to be skeptical, its another to claim its a train wreck before you've tried it. The video on IGN really helps out.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 07:53 AM   #30
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
Guys Ninja is right, you haven't tried this thing, it's one thing to be skeptical, its another to claim its a train wreck before you've tried it. The video on IGN really helps out.
While I haven't tried nintendos one handed controller out, I have tried many different ones in the past. The PSOne had one early ony and it was horrible.
Old 09-16-05, 08:10 AM   #31
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

have to be a damn ign insider member to download it
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 08:11 AM   #32
|MaguS|

No you don't, Insider is only for the larger resolution.

Old 09-16-05, 08:15 AM   #33
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

haha, yeah, i'm dumb. got it downloading
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 08:23 AM   #34
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
Guys Ninja is right, you haven't tried this thing, it's one thing to be skeptical, its another to claim its a train wreck before you've tried it.
I am being skeptical. I am basing my opinion on the previews I've read, screenshots I've seen, and videos I've watched. So far everything I've seen of the Revolution's controller I have not liked. That may change when I get one.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-05, 08:44 AM   #35
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I have yet to see you post anything critical about the controller. Not anything like "oh they should change this" or "I think this is a feature that could of been improved".
How can I criticize something I know almost nothing about? Not to mention have had no opportunity to use and analyze! You expect me to criticize something based on a couple of photographs and a brief article (which is overwhelmingly positive)? Sorry, can't do it.
Quote:
Not to mention that you resort to insults if somebody disagree's with your opinion on how great the controller is...
Not an insult, more of a sarcastic remark which is very much in order considering how much I hate it when people put words in my mouth - which you've done yet again here. I never said it was a great controller, I said don't say it's a "train wreck" until you actually use it, and to top it all off, I wasn't even talking to you when I said that.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 09-16-05, 10:31 AM   #36
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Please oldsk00l, you're supposed to be an adult, right? What is your problem? You didn't even read the article, did you? If you did, what leads you to believe that this is a "horrible flaming trainwreck" or whatever?

Look man, I read the article...and it just seems hokey.

I know that I would totally hate it, and it just does not seem suitable for the kinds of games that I play. I am also thinking you'll have to get the extra dongle for "ninchaku" mode as a seperate accessory...for games like Metroid prime.

If it were bundled with the unit, then ok hey it might be alright. If not, then it's a horrible flaming train wreck, and the only real adult application for this kind of controller is...well....adult content

The sword thing is cool, and honestly it might open up some innovative fighting combos. However developers aren't going to be a fan of this thing, and neither are the bigger studios who budget on "risk" as the revolution will be a high risk system. While this may churn out innovation, it's only going to be in tiny morsels..and I hope to god that it's enough revenue to keep Nintendo afloat...really...I do.

I'm just cynical is all, and this whole thing I'm taking with a grain of salt as to its accuracy, reliability, and popularity.