Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-17-05, 09:19 AM   #49
PikachuMan

Default Re: Nintendo Revolution's "revolutionary" controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Worst part... many Nintendo fanboys are actually excited about this... it looks like a freaking TV remote... how was this a revolution? The button layout is terrible, aswell.
Incase you missed it, the real "controller" part of it is the sensors that detect how it's being moved, not the buttons.

IGN has a nice writeup about how this thing can be used (link). This controller offers up all sorts of possibilies for new gaming genres and ideas, I'm genuinely looking forward to it.
PikachuMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 10:37 AM   #50
Zelda_fan

the more I think about it the more I like this controller. Imagine a Zelda where you can control how the sword moves by moving your hand? Or a boxing game where you can actually throw the punches? If done right, this controller could be the next big things.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 10:42 AM   #51
|MaguS|

Yeah or it can end up like every other gimick device nintendo has released for its consoles... Since they said you would be given a choice to use a normal controller, I will end up using it.

They show in the trailer the player swinging wildly yet they don't show how he would do the motions for the swing and continue to move and dodge in a game like zelda or even boxing... They want to lower the difficulty of using alot of buttons but they just added the difficulty of a crap load of cordination between the joystick in one hand and manuevers in the other...
Old 09-17-05, 12:22 PM   #52
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Well I am a lazy bitch when it comes to entertainment. I just want to sit there so you wont get me swinging at my tv and jumping all over the place like those people that are having so much fun doing it.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 12:45 PM   #53
aAv7

I think it's one of those things people will enjoy the first month, it will be different and interesting, and then after the initial hype wares down, people will become bored and sick of putting so much physical activity into a game.

Honestly, I don't see anything revolutionary about it....it seems like a rip-off of Nintendo's power glove, kind like a version 2.0 of sorts. Re-defined. But an idea that was there in the 80's. The technology just supports the idea much more these days.
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 12:59 PM   #54
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
Well I am a lazy bitch when it comes to entertainment. I just want to sit there so you wont get me swinging at my tv and jumping all over the place like those people that are having so much fun doing it.
Yup... I play games so I can just sit there and do as little as possible... that is why I love games... I don't want to have to be like... moving.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 01:17 PM   #55
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yup... I play games so I can just sit there and do as little as possible... that is why I love games... I don't want to have to be like... moving.
Yeah gaming helps me relax a lot of the time.

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 02:17 PM   #56
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Really weird i dont see how that could be used to play games.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-05, 03:53 PM   #57
aAv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD
Really weird i dont see how that could be used to play games.
Fast forward and rewind Mario 256!
[SIZE="1"][B]CPU:[/B] AMD64 3200+ Winchester @ 2.2 [B]RAM:[/B] 2GB Kingston Dual Channel DDR 400 [B]Motherboard:[/B] Gigabyte K8 Triton nForce4 [B]VideoCard:[/B] eVGA GeForce 7800GTX 512MB [B]Hard Drive:[/B] WD 250GB Sata [B]OS:[/B] Dual boot, Windows XP Home/Windows Professional x64 Edition Retail[B] Audio:[/B] X-Fi Xtreme Music [B]Mouse:[/B] Logitech MX 310 [B]PSU:[/B] 500W Ultra Connect (34A on the 12V+)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Xbox 360:[/B] w/ Intercooler @ 1280x1024 , Dynasty Warriors 5, Fight Night Round 3, Kameo, NBA 2K6, Perfect Dark Zero CE, and PGR 3[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
aAv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 04:19 PM   #58
Flipper

it's amazing how always the "cool" guys are bashing nintendo

cos they are the "cool" guys : "dad i don't want a nintendo cos my friends and girls would joke on me and call me a geek - i want to be cool, so get me a sony or a microsoft, oh yea that's cool!!!"

ghey
Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-05, 04:24 PM   #59
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper
it's amazing how always the "cool" guys are bashing nintendo

cos they are the "cool" guys : "dad i don't want a nintendo cos my friends and girls would joke on me and call me a geek - i want to be cool, so get me a sony or a microsoft, oh yea that's cool!!!"

ghey
Why don't you just leave? It is pretty obvious you suck.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 09:10 AM   #60
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

I always wanted one of those "3D mouse" that actually worked. If the response is acurate, or "tight" as DEaD_IRiS called it, it can be great for shooting games and maybe for FPS games. A standard official controller will be available for extra cost (probably). I mean, how are you supposed to play NES games with that thing?
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote