Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-17-05, 11:45 PM   #13
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: Wardevil RTE(real-time engine)1080 Trailer!

The funny part about that is that there is an EXTREMELY good chance that MGS4 will be making it's way to the 360. Kojima did not sign any exlusivity contracts this go around.

And I'm not angry that it isn't coming to "my" system, I'm angry about fan-boys that proclaim MGS4 to be the best looking game ever (visually) when it clearly is not. The only impressive shot is the one of Otacon, which is a stunningly realistic face, but the others, no so much.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 12:05 AM   #14
oldsk00l

mmm, actually that was a pretty poor shot of MGS4, the sequence where he injected himself was some of the finest character detail I've ever seen in a game.
Old 09-18-05, 12:45 AM   #15
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
*snip

I'm angry about fan-boys

*snip*
too funny...
Old 09-18-05, 01:05 AM   #16
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

yea But mgs4's can't even be considered legit, not after all that PR BS from Sony at E3 every year. When I see actually in-game play ON the ps3, I'll be impressed.

For now, GoW > MGS4

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 02:17 AM   #17
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
yea But mgs4's can't even be considered legit
umm... not trying to sound like a smart ass, but, its all legit bro.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23601
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651960p1.html
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...1&postcount=47
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143916
Old 09-18-05, 03:12 AM   #18
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
The funny part about that is that there is an EXTREMELY good chance that MGS4 will be making it's way to the 360. Kojima did not sign any exlusivity contracts this go around.

And I'm not angry that it isn't coming to "my" system, I'm angry about fan-boys that proclaim MGS4 to be the best looking game ever (visually) when it clearly is not. The only impressive shot is the one of Otacon, which is a stunningly realistic face, but the others, no so much.

I really doubt MGS4 will be ported to the xbox360.. at all. SOny will do whatever they can to have that game only in their console. Same with Microsoft with Halo3. But if i were going to bet.. i think BUngie will have more than never love $$ from Microsoft..lots of help to push the game quality to the limits of the console.

No one will deny that Gear of WArs looks impressive.. (PC and Xbox360 game) if im not mistaken . But still shots will never do justice to a real game in motion. When i saw GOW trailer it was less impressive in motion than its earlier screenshots. the gameplay was very like a console arcade game. animations ,physics and lighting werent as jawdropping as MGS4 in the few trailers i saw.The opposite was truth for MGS4. The screenshots dont do justice to the life-like feel of the game. Snake behave so human like.. that is hard to believe at times is a game . im still in awe.. after seeing all that. not only the animations are the closest thing to human motion .( facial expressions ,body motions ,hair moving in the air ,and all little details that where there too). the acting also .. is so natural that only a real proffesional actor could do it to look that natural. When he load ammo and pick a knive ,the fighting scene ,the final scene where snake stand up ,and move forward ,but quickly stop to ask another thing to Otagon and later he run outside with the nicest looking HDR Lighting ever seen in a game ?

When you have everything together that is... (eg..graphics,physics,animations,particle effects,shadows ,lighting ,sound) in motion, the games looks more like a final fantasy movie. Other games can look really good in screenshots but when you see them in action its looks like any other game. its hard to believe even for me..that people will be playing games like that not in 10 -15years .. but in a year or more from today. Yes some have critisized that the game have at times low resolutions textures and jaggies here or there,. but when you sum all together ,its simply the most realistic looking game ever made.. (because graphics alone doesnt make a good game).and a close second place for Motorstorm at least for me.. if that was indeed the game and not prerendered stuff.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 03:27 AM   #19
Bad_Boy
god of war.

I agree with many things you have said Nv40. and one of the main things that you mentioned was that still pictures do not do the real game justice. so true.

hell, that first low quality video didnt even do it much justice. this one is alot better but its still not direct feed, and has a few heads in the way.
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rul...subject&ftext=
you must download this one if you havent seen it, simply superior than many games by far for both next gen consoles. you tell me GoW looks as good or better than this and i call you a fool.

like you said, the graphics are one thing, but to me, it's the lighting and animation is what sets it apart from other titles.

i just wish we had some high quality direct feed vid. :/
Old 09-18-05, 05:45 AM   #20
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
I agree with many things you have said Nv40. and one of the main things that you mentioned was that still pictures do not do the real game justice. so true.

hell, that first low quality video didnt even do it much justice. this one is alot better but its still not direct feed, and has a few heads in the way.
you must download this one if you havent seen it, simply superior than many games by far for both next gen consoles. you tell me GoW looks as good or better than this and i call you a fool.

like you said, the graphics are one thing, but to me, it's the lighting and animation is what sets it apart from other titles.

Oh thanks for the link! Downloading now This isn't a cam video right? Cuz' I don't want to download 130mb for nothing new...

Old 09-18-05, 06:29 AM   #21
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
yea But mgs4's can't even be considered legit, not after all that PR BS from Sony at E3 every year. When I see actually in-game play ON the ps3, I'll be impressed.

For now, GoW > MGS4
There is an article that says that Kojima paused the demo and controlled the camera and lighting in real-time with what looked like a PS2 Controller.
Old 09-18-05, 08:06 AM   #22
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
that first low quality video didnt even do it much justice. this one is alot better but its still not direct feed, and has a few heads in the way.

i side note i noticed in B3d forums.. people making comparisons.. between that extremely compressed screenshot (54k) linked at that site you posted.. versus GOW. i like both games.. So both are must have games for me.but unless there is another diferent MTG4 video with completely diferent greenish lighting ,the comparisons are flawed. Because the video i have in that part where snake pick the knive the shot is mostly dark with very nice lighting in some places.,not very greenish like the one there. and people where using that as reference for the "weak lighting" of the game..

it looks like someone got the wrong codecs.. or raised a lot the gamma settings or perhaps another version with diferent light .because the video i have looks night and day of diference ..even though is very low quality .If that was the case then comparisons are pointless using manipulated graphics.

the last screenshots looks better on my video.. compression kills the iq ,but more or less it shows that the place is a little dark there. not greenish like the site shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	13394  Click image for larger version

Name:	t_mgs4_gamemeca_tgs5.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	13395  
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 10:25 AM   #23
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
There is an article that says that Kojima paused the demo and controlled the camera and lighting in real-time with what looked like a PS2 Controller.
He did... check the MGS4 video!!!! topic... I posted a link to it and stuff..
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 01:12 PM   #24
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I don't think I can believe it.

After seeing the E3 for ps2 when it first came out (Yes, the "Old Man" demo, that they didn't bother telling us was running at like 5fps lol), I have a hard time believing anything from Sony :X

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote