Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-18-05, 02:41 PM   #25
Pafet
GeForce 7900GT

Default Re: Wardevil RTE(real-time engine)1080 Trailer!

Why Motion blur??? it sux ASSes
oh yeah and, MGS is for sissies
Pafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 02:59 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
I don't think I can believe it.

After seeing the E3 for ps2 when it first came out (Yes, the "Old Man" demo, that they didn't bother telling us was running at like 5fps lol), I have a hard time believing anything from Sony :X
What are you even talking about?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 03:40 PM   #27
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
I don't think I can believe it.

After seeing the E3 for ps2 when it first came out (Yes, the "Old Man" demo, that they didn't bother telling us was running at like 5fps lol), I have a hard time believing anything from Sony :X
ok one thing, sony doesnt make mgs, konami does-- for sony's hardware.

second, did you not see the videos/links i showed you? yes, all real time.

third, when mgs2 was first shown, everyone was amazed and had their doubts just like now, and guess what, mgs2 looked just as good as that first trailer in the final game.

and fourth.....ITS KOJIMA MAN!
Old 09-18-05, 05:43 PM   #28
Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
No one will deny that Gear of WArs looks impressive.. (PC and Xbox360 game) if im not mistaken . But still shots will never do justice to a real game in motion. When i saw GOW trailer it was less impressive in motion than its earlier screenshots. the gameplay was very like a console arcade game. animations ,physics and lighting werent as jawdropping as MGS4 in the few trailers i saw.The opposite was truth for MGS4. The screenshots dont do justice to the life-like feel of the game. Snake behave so human like.. that is hard to believe at times is a game . im still in awe.. after seeing all that. not only the animations are the closest thing to human motion .( facial expressions ,body motions ,hair moving in the air ,and all little details that where there too). the acting also .. is so natural that only a real proffesional actor could do it to look that natural. When he load ammo and pick a knive ,the fighting scene ,the final scene where snake stand up ,and move forward ,but quickly stop to ask another thing to Otagon and later he run outside with the nicest looking HDR Lighting ever seen in a game ?

When you have everything together that is... (eg..graphics,physics,animations,particle effects,shadows ,lighting ,sound) in motion, the games looks more like a final fantasy movie. Other games can look really good in screenshots but when you see them in action its looks like any other game. its hard to believe even for me..that people will be playing games like that not in 10 -15years .. but in a year or more from today. Yes some have critisized that the game have at times low resolutions textures and jaggies here or there,. but when you sum all together ,its simply the most realistic looking game ever made.. (because graphics alone doesnt make a good game).and a close second place for Motorstorm at least for me.. if that was indeed the game and not prerendered stuff.
That's also the problem: As incredibly well animated as the MGS4 trailer was, there's no chance in hell it'll be able to translate to gameplay. The artistry of the animators and the capabilities of the engine are two entirely different subjects.

So, it's not the quality of the rendering that is so impressive with the MGS4 trailer as much as the quality of the scripting. And from a pure rendering perspective, Gears of War takes the cake.
Old 09-18-05, 07:37 PM   #29
|MaguS|

MGS games are always amazingly animated, even the original PSX version had some amazing animations in the gameplay. What we have seen in the trailer is nothing that Kojima and company can't replicate ingame since they have shown in the past to be able to suprass most limits.
Old 09-18-05, 08:08 PM   #30
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
too funny...
Oh really? Yes, it's obvious that I support the 360 over the Grillstation. That's only because Katuragi is a lying prick that hypes the machine to hell and back again only to under deliver by a mile and half when the system actually comes out, and what's more is all the fan-boys will defend it untill death, when things he says about it are BLATANTLY not true.

But please, find evidence of me being a fan-boy. I believe that every remark I have made against PS3/for 360 I back up with fact.

Quote:
really doubt MGS4 will be ported to the xbox360.. at all. SOny will do whatever they can to have that game only in their console.
Wrong. Kojima would not/did not sign an exclusivity contract with Sony this go around. Maybe that's indicating something?

Quote:
Same with Microsoft with Halo3.
Bungie is owned by microsoft, they couldn't multi-platform if they wanted to.

Quote:
No one will deny that Gear of WArs looks impressive.. (PC and Xbox360 game) if im not mistake
You are. Cliffy has already announced time and time again that it is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Quote:
But still shots will never do justice to a real game in motion. When i saw GOW trailer it was less impressive in motion than its earlier screenshots.
Contradict yourself more please?

Quote:
When i saw GOW trailer it was less impressive in motion than its earlier screenshots. the gameplay was very like a console arcade game. animations ,physics and lighting werent as jawdropping as MGS4 in the few trailers i saw.
The funny part about that is all the shots released (minus the art package, not the book, the art package that was release a while ago) are ALL in-game. What's more is that is now running 30 FPS on the 360, and will run better at launch. Animations were absolutely fluid, the lighting is downright incredible on that game, and I do believe that it showed off quite a bit of it's very realistic physics in the TGS video. The pre-rendered MGS4 video had specific animations because it was just that; pre-renedered. There was next to no physics demonstration in the video, and how can you even say the lighting was better? You're just telling yourself the MGS4 video is better because that is what you want to believe.

Quote:
The opposite was truth for MGS4. The screenshots dont do justice to the life-like feel of the game. Snake behave so human like.. that is hard to believe at times is a game . im still in awe.. after seeing all that. not only the animations are the closest thing to human motion .( facial expressions ,body motions ,hair moving in the air ,and all little details that where there too). the acting also .. is so natural that only a real proffesional actor could do it to look that natural. When he load ammo and pick a knive ,the fighting scene ,the final scene where snake stand up ,and move forward ,but quickly stop to ask another thing to Otagon and later he run outside with the nicest looking HDR Lighting ever seen in a game ?
Yes, it all looked spectacular. There is just one problem with it. It is TOO specific. There was an animation for every. last. thing. he. did. There is no way that ANY developer could incorporate that into gameplay without making MILLIONS of animations. Kojima does not have the time or the resources to do that. The answer is simple, that was pre-rendered footage.

Quote:
When you have everything together that is... (eg..graphics,physics,animations,particle effects,shadows ,lighting ,sound) in motion, the games looks more like a final fantasy movie. Other games can look really good in screenshots but when you see them in action its looks like any other game. its hard to believe even for me..that people will be playing games like that not in 10 -15years .. but in a year or more from today. Yes some have critisized that the game have at times low resolutions textures and jaggies here or there,. but when you sum all together ,its simply the most realistic looking game ever made.. (because graphics alone doesnt make a good game).and a close second place for Motorstorm at least for me.. if that was indeed the game and not prerendered stuff.
You are dying to believe that aren't you? Has anyone varified that movie to be real-time in-game footage? I didn't think so, and there's one reason, it won't be. What's more is that Gears of War looks EVERY drop as good as the pictures in real-time, and we have seen 100% real in-game footage from that, and it is absolutely stunning what they have pulled off. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are amazing in MGS4, but that was psuedo-gameplay. Untill I see animations like that running on the RTE, I won't believe it.
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 08:46 PM   #31
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
ok one thing, sony doesnt make mgs, konami does-- for sony's hardware.

second, did you not see the videos/links i showed you? yes, all real time.

third, when mgs2 was first shown, everyone was amazed and had their doubts just like now, and guess what, mgs2 looked just as good as that first trailer in the final game.

and fourth.....ITS KOJIMA MAN!

Who cares if it isn't Sony, it's FOR Sony, it's not like Sony can't give em a guideline to follow when presenting PS3 content.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 09:50 PM   #32
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

ok i could understand before if you had your doubts, but now-- you are now starting to sound like a troll.

There is way more factual proof that it is real, that out weighs your mythological mindless assumptions that it is fake. Please stop. Please give up.

Old 09-18-05, 09:58 PM   #33
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
ok i could understand before if you had your doubts, but now-- you are now starting to sound like a troll.

There is way more factual proof that it is real, that out weighs your mythological mindless assumptions that it is fake. Please stop. Please give up.
Go back a page and read my post. There is no proof at all that this is real footage. If this is what could be done, why didn't they have a guy out on stage showing it off real-time? This was obviously a pre-rendered video. There is no doubt it will be able to re-create graphics like that, but the video itself was pre-rendered. Just look at the animations. There are WAY to many specific animations for that to be real. There is a specific animation for every last thing he does in that video, every last wall he leans up against, every last object he touches. There is no way that it was in-game.
Old 09-18-05, 10:00 PM   #34
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
Go back a page and read my post. There is no proof at all that this is real footage. If this is what could be done, why didn't they have a guy out on stage showing it off real-time? This was obviously a pre-rendered video. There is no doubt it will be able to re-create graphics like that, but the video itself was pre-rendered. Just look at the animations. There are WAY to many specific animations for that to be real. There is a specific animation for every last thing he does in that video, every last wall he leans up against, every last object he touches. There is no way that it was in-game.
Just to clarify - are you challenging only the animation, or the rendering also?
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-05, 10:04 PM   #35
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtestube
Just to clarify - are you challenging only the animation, or the rendering also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
There is no doubt it will be able to re-create graphics like that, but the video itself was pre-rendered.
Old 09-18-05, 10:05 PM   #36
Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
MGS games are always amazingly animated, even the original PSX version had some amazing animations in the gameplay. What we have seen in the trailer is nothing that Kojima and company can't replicate ingame since they have shown in the past to be able to suprass most limits.
Then there's the issue of camerawork, synchronisation, the way the animations click with the environment, etc. The point is that the gameplay will never be as cinematic as we saw in the trailer, simply 'cause it can't be made to work in an interactive environment. It's too scripted.

It's the same reason Dragon's Lair 3D wasn't as cinematic as the original arcade game. The original could easily be scripted in 3d within the engine, but it simply wouldn't work as a fully interactive game.

I'm not saying the trailer can't be made in real-time for the purposes of a cut-scene, but the gameplay itself will never be as cinematic. Point being that we can't compare MGS4's cutscene material to Gears of War ingame scenes, simply because the level of artistry it's possible to convey in cutscenes can never be translated ingame to the same effect.

Next time you watch an action movie, notice all the subtle tricks the director uses to make his actions scenes more exciting, like swooping camera's, fast editing, etc. Then picture it with unedited with a fixed camera, and you essentially have the difference I'm trying to point out.