Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-21-02, 10:18 PM   #1
ASCI Blue

Send a message via AIM to ASCI Blue Send a message via Yahoo to ASCI Blue
Default I thought this was nvnews, not atinews

What's the deal with the headlines? I'm seeing more ATi than nVidia. When I want ATi news I go to Rage3d, I come here looking for A..no wait nVidia news.

Sick of war crimes Windows? Try linux!
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-02, 11:14 PM   #2
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Send a message via ICQ to Kruno Send a message via AIM to Kruno

Well you can ask the Nvnews staff to make up Nvidia news, though I would doubt they would do that.

Nvnews is a 3d video card site, even though mainly for Nvidia hardware.
When there is news about Nvidia then it will be posted.
The staff at Nvnews are not swayed by a bias or bribing AFAIK.

They do an excellent job at moderating the forums, posting news and doing reviews.

They try and give people the best and most accurate information as possible along with opinions and variety for the different people who visit.
Nvidia or not.

I was an Nvidia user last week.
This week I am an Ati user. I still come here for help if I would ever need any.

Last edited by Kruno; 12-21-02 at 11:17 PM.
Kruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-02, 01:10 AM   #3
StealthHawk

there's no nvidia news to post, lol.

nothing but delays anyway
Old 12-22-02, 05:01 AM   #4
R1CH
ROTL(1,(W[i&15]^W[(i-14)&

Personally I don't mind the ATI tidbits, keeps me up to date on whats happening with the main NV competitor without having to seek out alternate news sources.
Old 12-22-02, 11:35 AM   #5
PiTHON

yea, like they really needed to tell me about driver issues with ati.

i was sayin the same thing yesterday, "wtf with all the atinews shizzle" like i should go to intel.com to find out about amd's
PiTHON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-02, 02:19 PM   #6
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

hmmm, I'm kinda with you guys, I don't mind ATi news every so often, but ATi driver bug news? I can live without it...Besides, if we were to post about every ATI driver bug, the front page would be HUGE!

But this isn't really our site, and it seems to be moving tword a broader hardware aspect, we just have to roll with it I guess...
Old 12-23-02, 08:17 AM   #7
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

LOL, good one about ATI driver bugs, Matthyahuw.
Well, I really think what's important is that nV News report nearly all nVidia cards reviews, and not worry too much about specific ATI/Matrox/... cards reviews.

I'm fine with giving reviews of a standard Radeon 9700 Pro. But *please* don't link to reviews of every single Radeon 9x00 card! It's good to know how fast a Radeon 9500 Regular is, but I don't care how fast every single manufacturer Radeon 9500 performs!

What about a filter not to see that type of news if you want? It might save you bandwidth, too

BTW, I've got another complain. Why in the world is there a 15000 letters limit? I'm okay for a limit to unable spam, but this is ridiculous! Now I can't post my latest post because it's about 16500 letters
Ah well, I'll have to upload it on my new domain and link to it. At least, I'll be using that domain. Been about a week since I got it and still didn't upload anything to it...

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-02, 08:49 AM   #8
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Dude, no need to right a novel on the forums.

Sif anyone is going to read it.

Old 12-23-02, 09:52 AM   #9
The Baron

Hmmmm..... a filtering thing like what you want would probably require a switch from News Publisher to something like Slash.

Probably not a good idea right now...
Old 12-23-02, 09:59 AM   #10
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar

K.I.L.E.R : If enjoy writing huge thingies about nVidia, it's my right to do so! And about 20% of it is quotes, anyway. While it's unlikely anyone will read the whole thing, they'll probably read the conclusion.
And they'll find it to be way too biased. Then I'll say that if you read what's above, you'll see that I've got proof it's objective. Then they'll be too lazy to read it all and they'll have to agree with me. Yes, I'm evil

The Baron: Hmm, good point. Ah well, we'll have to live with more ATI news than before, I guess... On the plus side, we no longer have to go to Rage3D. And that's a *really* good thing

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-02, 10:02 AM   #11
Kruno
TypeDef's assistant

Nah, I will just make up a secret meaning in my post that means something different from what I said.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar
K.I.L.E.R : If enjoy writing huge thingies about nVidia, it's my right to do so! And about 20% of it is quotes, anyway. While it's unlikely anyone will read the whole thing, they'll probably read the conclusion.
And they'll find it to be way too biased. Then I'll say that if you read what's above, you'll see that I've got proof it's objective. Then they'll be too lazy to read it all and they'll have to agree with me. Yes, I'm evil

The Baron: Hmm, good point. Ah well, we'll have to live with more ATI news than before, I guess... On the plus side, we no longer have to go to Rage3D. And that's a *really* good thing

Uttar
Old 12-23-02, 10:10 AM   #12
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Y'know, Uttar, you could make 2 separate posts and put them up back-to-back. It's not like you do that all the time anyway so I won't see it as any big deal.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote