Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-12-05, 11:37 PM   #25
OWA

Default Re: Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytr
I have tried to hand the responsibility off several times but none of the AI's are scripted to do that.

I think the aiming is better than the first one but still not as easy as some of the of the other games. If you have noticed you have to aim and 'pull the trigger' based on your breathing. I have lucked out a head shot a time or two.
I'm getting better at it...slowly. The game looks really nice, at least in the first part of the story that's at night. The HDR/soft-lights looks good.

Edit: Changed the screenshots so there was more of a variety.

OWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 11:50 PM   #26
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

I didnt like it .. its more of the original game & NOTHING is improved.
i already lost interest in BIA .. i may only get back to it when BIA3 comes out heh.

BTW performance is crazy in this game .. for some reason my X800XT performance is in 20s @1280x1024,noAA,16xAF

in GTX SLI though its in 80s @1600x1200,16xAF!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 11:56 PM   #27
Rytr
SuperMod

I am getting better with the squad movements/placement and enjoying the use of strategy in the game.
Rytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 03:21 AM   #28
OWA

Quote:
I am getting better with the squad movements/placement and enjoying the use of strategy in the game.
I'm really enjoying it so far so it's surprising that people don't like it all that much. I'm also surprised there hasn't been more talk about the graphics. I think it looks really good. I must have taken over a 100 screenshots already. I decided to play it on Easy for now to help offset the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing. Thankfully my guys will retreat when I send them charging in by accident. I wonder if any animal activists have been complaining about the game. The horses got killed since they were in the crossfire and even get used for cover.
Old 10-13-05, 10:42 AM   #29
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I went back to the old one, and then tried this out, can barely notice any improvement visually except better use of HDR, think a patch is out to address some performance issues though.
Too much of the same if you ask me, at times it felt like I was playing the first game all over again.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-05, 10:44 AM   #30
OWA

I didn't play the first one so it's all new to me. It also runs fine for me at 1600x1200, HDR on, etc.
Old 10-13-05, 01:11 PM   #31
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I went back to the old one, and then tried this out, can barely notice any improvement visually except better use of HDR, think a patch is out to address some performance issues though.
First off this is not HDR .. more like a crappy bloom effect nothing more .. dont let thier naming fool ya. who needs a bloom effect for a WW2 game anyway ??

second it was in the original game aswell so nothing new here.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 05:51 AM   #32
K-1

Picked this up after work, didn't even know it was out til I saw OWA's posts!! To be honest I really enjoyed the first game, yea it had some problems, but wow did they ever fix them. The new maps and enemy AI are fantastic. Got past the level that was featured in the demo, and if you ask me that level was the absolute worst one so far (have also gotten 2 levels further since then). All the other levels are wide open, with many different ways for you to attack... or get attacked by the aggressive AI. If you liked the first game even just a little, you should give this one a shot.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-14-05, 04:16 PM   #33
OWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1
The new maps and enemy AI are fantastic. Got past the level that was featured in the demo, and if you ask me that level was the absolute worst one so far (have also gotten 2 levels further since then). All the other levels are wide open, with many different ways for you to attack... or get attacked by the aggressive AI. If you liked the first game even just a little, you should give this one a shot.
Quote:
Do y'all use the tactical view a lot? It kind of feels like cheating so I've been trying to avoid using it but I'm thinking maybe that's my whole problem and why I haven't been doing as well as I'd like.
Old 10-14-05, 04:48 PM   #34
Rytr
SuperMod

You could call it 'intel'.
I try to go thru the first time without it. But like in one case where they used the half-track to reposition I wish I had used it. I lost all my squad except one getting thru that map and I had to restart several times. If I had known where they had the mortar setup protected by MG42s plus where the track was located I could have used a much better strategy. Instead I was going in blind kinda like a suicide mission...I even think one of the AIs said as much.
Rytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 05:25 PM   #35
OWA

Quote:
You could call it 'intel'.

Instead I was going in blind kinda like a suicide mission...I even think one of the AIs said as much.
Intel. I like that.

Yeah, some of the comments by the AI guys are hilarious.
Old 10-14-05, 05:35 PM   #36
K-1

You guys gotta use the tactical view! No need to feel guilty using it, the only enemies that appear on it are the ones that you or your squad can see. Furthermore, before these troopers jumped into combat they had studied maps and aerial recon photos of the places they would be fighting in, so they would have at least a general understanding of the area's layout. Tactical view helps you understand your surroundings without making you study a map for hours lol.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote