Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-29-05, 10:20 PM   #1
mjj1998

Question nForce (1.0-0306) Module Config [Debian]

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if someone can give me a little help with modifying the module confi file in Debian [3.1 unstable - kernel 2.6.12-1 -386].....

Although I am a complete newbie to Linux, I have managed to successfully install the nVidia Graphics Drivers (I needed to install the kernel source/tree/headers to do this) and am now trying to install the nForce drivers as well. This is from a clean install of Debian.

I have run the install file (it needed to compile its own driver) and it worked. Now I'm up to the part where I have to edit the Module Config files (as described in: http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/n...easeNotes.html) and I'm starting to get lost..... I don't have a modprobe.conf file, but I do have the /etc/modprobe.d/ folder. However, the instructions reference "module config files" but it doesn't explicitly state *which* files I should modify....I have the following files in this directory:
*aliases
*arch-aliases
*isapnp
another directory called arch/

I'm not sure where I should put the sound driver "alias sound-slot-0 nvsound" etc... code at this stage? Following this, the instructions tell me to put in "install nvsound...etc" in the "configuration file" if I want the nvmixer audio settings to be automatically restored each time the driver loads. Again, where abouts/which config file am I supposed to add this in??

Any guidence for this newbie would be greatly appreciated
~Mj.
mjj1998 is offline   Reply With Quote