Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-05-05, 02:26 PM   #37
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Battlefield 1.03 Patch Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis
I have not noticed much change in AA effectiveness. One Ace jet pilot can still totally dominate a game to the point it is pointless to play.
Can someone confirm this? If this is true, I'm not playing this stupid game. This game would be so much more fun if you could actually kill the Jets and helicopters..... more so the Jets.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 02:28 PM   #38
dandano
hardware antiquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP_GUN
ok I played it for a few, got my rank up 3 but it still says im only ranked 1 in the stats page and I cant unlock the new guns. But then I restart the game and it dose it again. Starts me from the rank I had before and then jumps up 3.
Did you finish a game on a ranked server? I think you have to. Then you will get your rank and new the unlocks the next time you restart and login.

danh
Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz LGA 1366 | Asus P6X58D-E | Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (7-8-7-20) | Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB SATA (Windows 7 Pro) | LiteOn iHES208 BluRay DVD Burner SATA | EVGA GTX 770 SC | Corsair HX650 PSU 3.3v(24A) 5v(30A) 12v(52A) | Lian Li PC-60 Plus case with window (black) | Monsoon 2.1 Speakers | Dell UltraSharp U2410 LCD (1920x1200@60Hz)
dandano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 03:49 PM   #39
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Can someone confirm this? If this is true, I'm not playing this stupid game. This game would be so much more fun if you could actually kill the Jets and helicopters..... more so the Jets.
from ground mounted heat seeking rocket launchers, the trick to taking jet down is all in WHEN you launch them - i've found rockets are much more effective at taking down jets when you fire them just as they're changing direction, or going into a steep climb.
you basically track jets and get that locked alert, try and keep from firing at first until he makes a bigger change in direction. if the jet is within 150 yards or so, they won't be able to outrun the rockets.

try it out on Dragon Valley from the cliffside nest - that one has a HUGE dome of visibility and unless jets start coming directly for you, you can dominate from there.
Old 10-05-05, 04:39 PM   #40
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
S Although I do wish it gave you 2 points instead of just 1, for the amount of time it takes you to travel all the way over to them, I think there should be better compensation (especially since you can only destroy 2 at a time with the C4 you start out with).
I play engineer mostly, try getting support points by repairing, it is a pain in the ass unless you just want to sit back at the main base and hope that Spec Ops come in and blow up the stuff, which is no fun...
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 09:55 AM   #41
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

I am waking a little late for this patch, but nevertheless, horrible timing. I was supposed to check the forum before getting into my physics homework and now, well... Before taking a look at the changelog let me say that I was quite happy with the gameplay while the UI was real pain right from the first version (some details coming up later).

Anyway, changelog look neat, escpecially vehicle/flag capture part. It doesn't stop people from flag-jumping with BH, but makes it a little more dangerous.

I'm not sure if no teamkills for artillery is such a good thing: more people will probaby start to use artillery just to get easy kills, not to help the team. Not that too many people would play as a team anyway.

So server bookmarks are finally here. Where's friend-finder (like Buddies-tab in UT200x)? What about server filters? Can I finally check "no full servers" and "no empty servers" and actually get a list with no full/empty servers? For some reason I tend to press ESC three times when I decide to cancel typing something (say/teamsay/squadsay, some old habbit from UT) -- will I still end up looking at the UI, waiting for the fade-in animation to play thru three times before I can get back playing?

Well, I suppose I get to check those things once I'm done with physics... Meanwhile... game on!

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 10:30 AM   #42
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Is the mini map to the upper right corner bigger? I could have sworn it was smaller.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 01:15 PM   #43
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
Is the mini map to the upper right corner bigger? I could have sworn it was smaller.
It looked bigger to me too. I wonder if theres a way to make it smaller again, it seems to take up a quarter of the whole screen now.

Patch seems okay otherwise. My fav class is spec ops, so its nice to finally get credit for blowup up enemy artillery and stuff. It sucks we had to wait so long for it though. The patch should not have taken this long.

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 01:45 PM   #44
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Is anyone else all of a sudden getting booted back to desktop trying to start up the game? I installed both the patch & the 80.84's so I'm not sure which is the cause and haven't had a chance to isolate the issue yet...
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-05, 03:04 PM   #45
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

My rank keeps resetting every damn time I start the game! I get like 4 rank upgrades from LC because of the new system... but they never seem to stick .. wtf?!?! Hopefully it will clear up in a few days... I just want to unlock all the new weapons I magically have earned! Also... anyone else think planes are like 10x more powerfull?
Intel® Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 03:10 PM   #46
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

speaking of snipers.... Did they fix those pea shooters you guys call guns?
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 03:31 PM   #47
AngelGraves13

I was thinking of getting this game. Either this or Call of Duty 2. Are all the bugs laid to rest with this new patch?
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-05, 05:46 PM   #48
XP_GUN

ok I got the rank up and unlocked 2 of the 3 that I had. I got the sniper rifle, G3, and the medic's rifle. I was thinking about unlocking next the G36C - Compact Assault Rifle. Should I, I played it a few times and liked its fell but theres the MK3A1 Jackhammer