Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-10-05, 11:59 AM   #73
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Default Re: Battlefield 1.03 Patch Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonaboy
anti-armor - i made the mistake of choosing the engineer model, and that thing is near useless.
the MEC auto-shotty is still the best, but the anti-tank shotty holds a lot of rounds (18, i think?)
get that one.
Yeah the DAO is freaking awesome... I think its probably the best unlock so far.

One thing thats been irritating the piss out of me lately is the hit detection... at least I think thats what it is. I can point right at someone with the L85A1 (medic unlock) scoped and shoot 15 times and never get the little X saying I hit them, yet they can run and dive and roll and within 3 shots kill me with an M4. I dont understand exactly what Im doing wrong here, Im prone, I give the crosshairs time to settle back on the target before I shoot again, and I dont jerk the mouse all over when I fire... assuming the soldier Im playing as actually knows how to fire a gun, what you see through the crosshairs is what youre going to hit, why does it not work that way???

It wouldnt bother me so much if it was at least consistant, but its not even close. Some times you HAVE to point directly at someone from real far away to hit them, other times you HAVE to lead them off, other times it doesnt matter, you just arent going to hit them.

Anyone with really high accuracy\kill ratios have any tips for actually hitting things? Im actually pretty damn good, but it seems like luck 90% of the time because its so random.

I did just think of something though... Ive been hit quite a few times and not taken any damage (I hear the bullet hitting kevlar sound), do you think the X only shows up if they take damage, regardless of if you hit them or not? That might explain why I can fire so many times with no X... some classes have more armor than others. Just a theory though... either way its irritating as hell
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-05, 02:23 PM   #74
sonaboy
Why can't you spell?

Send a message via ICQ to sonaboy

yeah - there's a specific sound for bullets that hit your kevlar, and it knocks a bit of health off.

i got hit by 4 in a row that all hit kevlar yesterday, and it only took 1 1/2 bars of damage off of me - i imagine the guy shooting saw only one faint X out of the whole burst.

the only unlock i've been happy with so far is the G3 - the rest are just stoopid useless.
.50 cal sniper (i've only shot ONE copter pilot out of his seat so far )
Spec Ops - don't even get me started on that useless pea shooter. they might as well have given you a leather glove to slap the enemy with - it would hurt them more.
Support big MG - the splash range of this thing is ridiculous - i can barely hit an oncoming truck in a prone position
Old 10-10-05, 02:34 PM   #75
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonaboy
yeah - there's a specific sound for bullets that hit your kevlar, and it knocks a bit of health off.

i got hit by 4 in a row that all hit kevlar yesterday, and it only took 1 1/2 bars of damage off of me - i imagine the guy shooting saw only one faint X out of the whole burst.

the only unlock i've been happy with so far is the G3 - the rest are just stoopid useless.
.50 cal sniper (i've only shot ONE copter pilot out of his seat so far )
Spec Ops - don't even get me started on that useless pea shooter. they might as well have given you a leather glove to slap the enemy with - it would hurt them more.
Support big MG - the splash range of this thing is ridiculous - i can barely hit an oncoming truck in a prone position
I havent had a chance to get the support unlock yet, but it sounds like they should have gone with something a little different. Like an MG thats similar to the ones mounted on vehicles, but must be deployed to fire. That would be a lot more effective in my opinion... itd probably create some balance issues though.

Ive been pretty happy with all of the unlocks myself, the G3 is nice and powerful but again, the accuracy is all totaly random so it sucks not having the grenade launcher to back it up. That thing has its flaws too but generally if you can hit near someone with that, they will die. Its one of the few semi-reliable weapons in the game.

The L85A1 for the medic makes them a lot more useful for long range combat and the DAO12 actually allows anti-armor to kill infantry up close (as apposed to trying to blow them over with one of the worthless SMGs\airguns).
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-05, 03:05 PM   #76
wnd
Nerd, Geek, Freak

My first unlock was L85A1 (medic), and at first I thought it was next to useless -- I couldn't hit a thing with it from distance and it did seem to do no damage in close combat. Now that I'm used to it I most certainly won't change back. From distance it's pretty accurate, it's not that uncommon that I take down a (lousy) sniper if he's not _that_ far. In close combat it's pretty good too; full-auto allows to fire only when bullets are going to hit, still being able to fire more than one round, thus saving ammo and recuding need for reloads during shoot-out. The problem with L85A1 seems to be the long time it takes the sights to "settle down". If I face a support guy and be both go prone, I'm dead, I can't hit a thing that fast. So my point is it's "average" from hip and accurate, but slow to aim with iron sights.

Before the patch I was corporal with L85A1 and G36C unlocked; now I'm master sergeant (and trying to get explosived and knife badge to gain in rank) everything but PKM unlocked... I think lowering the requirements for ranks was ok, but they went a little too far.

G3 isn't that bad, really. It's very comptetitive weapon in close range (just avoid emptying your clip next to your target) and from mid-distance too. Just allow your aim to settle and fire single rounds. Oh yeah, I'm yet to drop a chopper with M95, no luck so far.

Christianity, noun: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. [mad.frog]
wnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-05, 03:35 PM   #77
Viventis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
One thing thats been irritating the piss out of me lately is the hit detection... at least I think thats what it is. I can point right at someone with the L85A1 (medic unlock) scoped and shoot 15 times and never get the little X saying I hit them, yet they can run and dive and roll and within 3 shots kill me with an M4. I dont understand exactly what Im doing wrong here, Im prone, I give the crosshairs time to settle back on the target before I shoot again, and I dont jerk the mouse all over when I fire... assuming the soldier Im playing as actually knows how to fire a gun, what you see through the crosshairs is what youre going to hit, why does it not work that way???
The Medic unlock while scoped seems to be less accurate than when you shoot from the hip! I had a guy in my sights climbing a ladder. I had a full length profile to aim that needle on. Wasn't very far away. Not one hit! This seems to happen more often whien I play Medic. Oddly, I have pertty good accuracy if I'm not in the scope!

Some of the problem is general collision detection. I had a hilarious confrontation the other day. A driver of a Hummer tried to ram me. I jumped up on some low structure and survived the crash. He jumped out and was standing directly below me. I got the draw on him and started firing point blank into him. He pulled his weapon and did the same to me. After our clips emptied, he had the forsight to pull out his knife and stabbed me in the foot! After I cursed the game I had to laugh at that one.
Viventis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 12:57 PM   #78
alfredog1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcossin
Anyone figure out how to get the "Message from EA" to go away?

When I try to jump into a friend's game using Xfire now, the "Message from EA" stops it from going right into the server and I can't join a friend's game...
Try this (works great!):
Temporary XFire fix
alfredog1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 02:22 PM   #79
Roliath

I've unlocked the PKM, L85A1, and the M85 and from my experiences the PKM and L85A1 are worthless. Than again, it might because I'm not use to playing those classes. I'm a sniper and I am pretty good with the M85, I've hit a gunner and pilot in the Attack Helo numerous times. Its hard, but it IS possible. And sometimes it takes up to two or three shots to kill someone and i'll hit square in the chest, but I think its because of the kevlar. Sniping for me is where its at and its what i'm good at.