Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-31-02, 04:11 AM   #1
moali

Default TV-Output only in back/white

Hello, all!

I´m trying to make the TV-Output work on my Geforce 2 Go (Acer Travelmate Notebook). For archieving this I bought a S-VHS (Hosiden) to SCART adapter in a electronics-store.

When I launch X with the cable connected to my video-recorder (VHS) and the TV-set switched to the channel of the recorder (mv TV-set does not have a SCART-plug), the image still remains on the LCD of the Notebook (according to the NVidia Release Notes the TV should be treated as the primary device when connected on startup, but it doesn´t seem to be like this)

Because it did not work this way, I added a second screen and monitor section to my XF86config. I set the mode to PAL-G (I live in Austria, so this should be OK). When selecting connectedMonitor only TV I can see the X-output (only) on the TV-set. Unfortulately it is in black/white (grayscale)!

Changing the output-format from SVIDEO to COMPOSITE does not change anything.

Did I already kill something?

How could I make this work? - please help me.

Thanks
moali

PS.: Happy New Year to you all!
moali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-03, 04:46 PM   #2
TA00

Hello!
I live in germany and use an GF4 MMX400. On one TV the picture is B/W (Composite to Scartconverter) on the other TV the picture is ok (direct composite plug)
I don't think that you have a problem with the driver. I seems to bee a problem with the hardware (TV/VCR).
TA00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-03, 01:17 AM   #3
moali

Yes, you're partially right.

The problem was caused, because my VTR does not support SVHS and therefore needs a composite-Input.

Due to some reason (what could it be?) the TVOutFormat-Option in XF86Config does not have any effect, the card always outputs a SVIDEO-signal.

So I had to resolve this problem by building a SVHS to Composite-Converter (happily this was not too hard).

moali
moali is offline   Reply With Quote