Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-07-05, 09:47 AM   #13
DMA
Zzzleepy

Default Re: OMG, KING KONG Demo Tommorow

It should be out in 15 mins. But i wouldn't trust my skills when it comes to timezones.
Old 10-07-05, 09:48 AM   #14
|MaguS|

available now!
Old 10-07-05, 10:38 AM   #15
anticitizenzero

Send a message via AIM to anticitizenzero

Let us non fp subscribers know how it is graphics wise, I'm curious if it compaires to any of the big fps's out there
anticitizenzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-05, 10:39 AM   #16
Veger

downloading now
AMD 4800+ X2 Dual Core 2.4Ghz | Thermalright XP-90C, AS 5 | A8N-SLI Premium 1011 Bios | 2G Corsair Pro 3200c2 (2 - 3 - 3 - 6 2.75v | XFX 7950 GX2 500/1200 (91.31) | 2 x WD Raptor 36.8 Raid 0 | 2 x WD Raptor 74 Raid 0 | X-FI SoundCard | CoolerMaster Stacker Case | Pc Power and Cooling SLI 510 Deluxe PSU | SONY 21" CRT GDM 500PS
Old 10-07-05, 10:43 AM   #17
DMA
Zzzleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticitizenzero
Let us non fp subscribers know how it is graphics wise, I'm curious if it compaires to any of the big fps's out there
http://www.gamershell.com/download_11055.shtml
http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x?fid=7783
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/gam..._demo.exe.html
http://www.filerush.com/download.php...ng_pc_demo.exe

It's out everywhere.

Well, graphics wise i'd say it looks like UT from 1999. Not my kind of game.
Old 10-07-05, 11:36 AM   #18
fuelrod

Just finished it, it is definitely worth the download. The animations are unbelievable; especially at the end when you fight the 2 T-Rex in the water. Realistic splashes, very cool weather effect; just plain friggin cool!
Old 10-07-05, 11:42 AM   #19
Darkoz
lurking

Just had a quick run with it.
Graphics wise it's certainly below par compared to today's standard, and I assume this is a port from the Xbox version, if so, it certainly shows.
The keyboard movements and settings are terrible and awkward, only 3 pre-set configurations to choose from so you can't personalize it to your own preference.
And why on Earth would they implement it so you have to hold down the space bar to have your weapon out and shoot?
So far, going by the demo, you won't miss much by not purchasing this game, I know I won't bother.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-05, 11:46 AM   #20
Darkoz
lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelrod
Just finished it, it is definitely worth the download. The animations are unbelievable; especially at the end when you fight the 2 T-Rex in the water. Realistic splashes, very cool weather effect; just plain friggin cool!
I must've played a different demo, I found the animation and graphics average at best.
To me it looked like an old DX7/8 game at most.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-05, 12:31 PM   #21
|MaguS|

Heres my experiance with the demo...

Graphics on a whole are low even by console standards, Kong looks good but fur is poorly done after playing Shadow of the Collosus. The FPS parts are eh, some nice twists with fighting the TRex but like stated before, the holding the space-bar to ready the weapon is lame. The enviroments are decent but look very consolish, grass is done in patches and shadows are basic on a whole. The poly count is low and textures are sub par, over all it looks like it was a port from the PS2 version insted of the Xbox.

Sound is awsome though, very high quality. The music is fitting and the TRex and Kong screams are great.

The gameplay is actually nice on some parts, the Kong part was nice except for the fighting. Its a button masher, no skill or techniques... The platform part is kinda kool though. I had a problem with him having such trouble with the TRexs though, Kong should be able to act more primal... I mean you cant even grab their tails...

I wouldn't recommend the demo, its way to short and just not worth the time... Go play FEAR...
Old 10-07-05, 12:41 PM   #22
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Well I just got done beating the demo... and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit... yes the graphics are bad by todays standards... but the game is still fun.

My only real complaint is the lack of customizing controls... if I could set it up how I want it when the final game is out... I may have to pick it up.

Also makes me want to see the movie more just to see Kong fighting a bunch of T-Rexeseses.

Oh yeah... one more complaint... the subtitle... The Official Game of the Movie... I hate it :\. It is just stupid.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-05, 01:05 PM   #23
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

I enjoyed this too good action and controling kong was fun slaming the dinos.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-05, 01:08 PM   #24
superklye

I can't wait to fight some tyrannosaurs.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote