Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-05, 01:51 PM   #85
d.h.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk74m4
Meh.. where's my official 1.0-8xxx!!!
here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-8174.html

:-)
d.h. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-05, 03:04 PM   #86
rsrtfm
Suse user
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 37
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

anybody, tried the new x86 driver with a 6100, or 6150 board ?
and what kernel , xorg version ?

still have no sound ad1986a, alsa driver,...

note: I won't have time to test till saturday ,... travel.

thanks, Robert Schultz
__________________
grew up on Sun Os, now got forced on windoz, at home trying to survive on SuSe linux,....
rsrtfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 02:44 AM   #87
vedragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Unhappy Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrtfm
anybody, tried the new x86 driver with a 6100, or 6150 board ?
and what kernel , xorg version ?

still have no sound ad1986a, alsa driver,...

note: I won't have time to test till saturday ,... travel.

thanks, Robert Schultz
Hi Robert,

Sorry that I have to inform you but with the new driver I have similar problem with the beta one. I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM 430 + 6150. Suse 10.0 with kernel 2.6.15-rc5. I did install the new driver. It installs correctlly. However after "sax2 -m 0=nvidia" the screen goes dark. IF I do CTRL-ALT-F1 and make a reboot on the dislplay appears a green-cyan memory corruption. As the reboot goes on the pattern of the corruption changes... I did the 16M trick too... With 16M is more green patern with 64M in more cyan pattern...


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask anybody who succeeded on an A8N-VM CSM 430 + 6150.
Please detail your BIOS settings and your distro (version), detail your kernel version and configuration. If you did something special to get it working...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

many thanks,
Victor
vedragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 10:33 AM   #88
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,763
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Please try disabling the framebuffer. If that fails to help, please generate and post a bug report while the problem is present.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 03:57 PM   #89
nclaude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

asus a8n-vm csm amd3200+
bios 0506
kernel 2.6.15-rc5 custom
distribution debian etch x86

Hi

I installed the 1.0-8174 driver.
X dispayed a garbaged green screen. CTRL-ALT-BACK rebooted the system.

no framebuffer is enabled in the kernel.


In my /var/log/xorg.0.log there is no error (EE)
but at the begining
_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/reppe:0
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
.......
and at the end
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000be8, 0x00000be8, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000c64, 0x00000c64, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000c8c, 0x00000c8c, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000cb4, 0x00000cb4, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000e84, 0x00000e84, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000f20, 0x00000f20, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000f44, 0x00000f44, 0)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): WAIT (0, 6, 0x8000, 0x00000f54, 0x00000f54, 0)
.........

I go back to the vesa driver.

claude
nclaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 04:35 PM   #90
vedragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
Please try disabling the framebuffer. If that fails to help, please generate and post a bug report while the problem is present.

Thanks,
Lonni
Hi Lonni,

Without a vga=0x317 in the boot makes possible to come back from the blackish X and with CTRL-C to end the driver darkness.

In attachements I can't find anything suspicious! Do you see something?

Ciao,
Victor
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia-bug-report.log.zip (28.5 KB, 294 views)
File Type: zip SaX.log.zip (8.7 KB, 273 views)
vedragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 04:46 PM   #91
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,763
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

If removing vga=0x317 from the kernel boot options fixes the problem, then you're hitting a known incompatibility between framebuffer graphics and the nvidia driver. Work is planned for a future driver release to allow for the peaceful coexistence of framebuffer graphics and the nvidia driver.

Thanks,
Lonni
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 04:58 PM   #92
rsrtfm
Suse user
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 37
Thumbs down Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Hi Victor,
I'am in the same boat,.... take a look,
http://www.robsphoto.com/tmp/nvidia/suse_10.1/

currently, suse 10.1 alpha 3, 2.6.14.22 kernel, new bios, makes USB usable,
NIC still, does not bond, without reboot, and power cycle,...
sound is not working,... ad1986a, tried a compile,...

sad to hear,....kernel 2.6.15-rc5 and new nvidia driver will not fix this combo,.......
anybody else, can recommend an micro-atx motherboard with amd 939,
and non nforce, with 4 sata and GBE ? ......
.... would'nt mind, have you guys come over for a litle,
christmas fire , to burn this one,.... so I could start the new year at least without nforce issues,....

stay in touch, cheers, Robert Schultz

--------------------------- (NVIDIA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedragan
Hi Robert,

Sorry that I have to inform you but with the new driver I have similar problem with the beta one. I have an Asus A8N-VM CSM 430 + 6150. Suse 10.0 with kernel 2.6.15-rc5. I did install the new driver. It installs correctlly. However after "sax2 -m 0=nvidia" the screen goes dark. IF I do CTRL-ALT-F1 and make a reboot on the dislplay appears a green-cyan memory corruption. As the reboot goes on the pattern of the corruption changes... I did the 16M trick too... With 16M is more green patern with 64M in more cyan pattern...


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I ask anybody who succeeded on an A8N-VM CSM 430 + 6150.
Please detail your BIOS settings and your distro (version), detail your kernel version and configuration. If you did something special to get it working...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

many thanks,
Victor
__________________
grew up on Sun Os, now got forced on windoz, at home trying to survive on SuSe linux,....
rsrtfm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-05, 12:54 AM   #93
vedragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Exclamation Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
If removing vga=0x317 from the kernel boot options fixes the problem, then you're hitting a known incompatibility between framebuffer graphics and the nvidia driver. Work is planned for a future driver release to allow for the peaceful coexistence of framebuffer graphics and the nvidia driver.

Thanks,
Lonni
Sorry Lonni,

I think you misunderstand me. Removing vga=0x317 DO NOT SOLVE the problem. The X remains black!!! with no obvious error message. It is just possible to come back in a text mode and kill the "runaway bad black" X server!!!

Could you analyse the logs if you find something unusual from your point of view. Seem that Robert has the same problem. In VESA mode and in windows XP everything is working (so this cannot be a hardware problem). I tried with and without apic, with and without 16MB.

The last three line from SAX.log are comming after I hit CTRL-C!!!

Thanks,
Victor
vedragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 02:46 AM   #94
vedragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Unhappy Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Hi Lonni,

I think I found the problem! Look into the logs:


Detects DFP-0 and TV-0, says that will use JUST ONE, the first! Well
seem that he cares more about the TV:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s): DFP-0, TV-0
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Multiple displays connected, but only one display allowed;
(WW) NVIDIA(0): using first display
(--) NVIDIA(0): Detected TV Encoder: NVIDIA
(--) NVIDIA(0): TV-0: maximum pixel clock: 400 MHz

and later

(II) NVIDIA(0): Not using default mode "800x600" (width too large for virtual size)
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "768x576" (not a valid TV mode)
(**) NVIDIA(0): Validated modes for display device TV-0:


Why that? I do have a Samsung 213T. Asus has a DVI out (pure digital)

In another thread is something similar discused: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57890

@Robert: what kind of display do you have and what output are you from your Asus motherboard VGA, DVI or :-))) TV.

And from the SAX log:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Supported display device(s): CRT-0, DFP-0, TV-0
(II) NVIDIA(0): Boot display device(s): DFP-0
(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU detected as: GeForce 6150
(II) NVIDIA(0): Chip Architecture: 0x40
(II) NVIDIA(0): Chip Implementation: 0x4e
(II) NVIDIA(0): Chip Revision: 0xa2
(--) NVIDIA(0): VideoBIOS: 05.51.22.26.07
(--) NVIDIA(0): Interlaced video modes are supported on this GPU
(II) NVIDIA(0): VPES : 1
(II) NVIDIA(0): SPS : 2
(II) NVIDIA(0): Bus detected as Unknown
(--) NVIDIA(0): VideoRAM: 16384 kBytes
(II) NVIDIA(0): Connected display device(s): DFP-0, TV-0
(WW) NVIDIA(0): Multiple displays connected, but only one display allowed;
(WW) NVIDIA(0): using first display
(II) NVIDIA(0): Enabled display device(s): TV-0

Supported: CRT-0, DFP-0, TV-0; Booted DFP-0; Connected DFP-0, TV-0 (I do not have ANY TV connected!!!); Enabled TV-0. That IS JUST NOT FUNNY!!!

Do you think that what I found could cause our black screens?
Do you have any solution to enable DFP-0 and NOT TV-0??? I think in the Asus
manual states something that DVI and TV cannot work same time (or something).
Is there a way to tell/force the nvidia driver to usethe DVI?

Ciao,
Victor
vedragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 06:30 AM   #95
vedragan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12
Exclamation Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrtfm
Hi Victor,
I'am in the same boat,.... take a look,
http://www.robsphoto.com/tmp/nvidia/suse_10.1/
I looked to your files and seem that we are on different boats... with the same destination ;-) It seeam that you are using a CRT. Is it true? And that you have a NVidia Geforce 6600 Ups! You told us that you have a 6150. Please try to reinstall the driver. Did you ever had a 6600 in the computer?


Ciao,
Victor
vedragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-05, 10:18 AM   #96
syntho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6
Default Re: Linux on NForce 430 + GeForce 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedragan
Supported: CRT-0, DFP-0, TV-0; Booted DFP-0; Connected DFP-0, TV-0 (I do not have ANY TV connected!!!); Enabled TV-0. That IS JUST NOT FUNNY!!!

Do you think that what I found could cause our black screens?
Do you have any solution to enable DFP-0 and NOT TV-0??? I think in the Asus
manual states something that DVI and TV cannot work same time (or something).
Is there a way to tell/force the nvidia driver to usethe DVI?
I'm not an expert, but try adding this to your nvidia device section in xorg.conf:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"

From the description in the NVidia driver README it sounds like that might do what you want.
syntho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
302.17 for Linux x86/x86_64 released AaronP NVIDIA Linux 0 06-16-12 04:12 PM
295.59 (long-lived branch release) for Linux x86/x86_64 released AaronP NVIDIA Linux 0 06-13-12 02:38 PM
295.59 (long-lived branch release) for Linux x86/x86_64 released artem NVIDIA Linux 0 06-11-12 11:25 AM
Gainward Unleashes the Sexy GeForce GTX 670 Phantom Graphics Card, Also launches the News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 09:28 AM
Nforce audio & linux nichos NVIDIA Linux 1 10-05-02 04:16 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.