Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-05, 02:46 PM   #25
avirox

Default Re: F.E.A.R. First Impressions.. from IGN

Doom3 wasnt about the AI. And for environments.. I surely hope you've played to see the hell levels! When i saw those I knew that doom3 would be one of my favorite games of all time. FEAR is nice with it's "run through office complexes killing s**t yay" but I thought the MP was much more fun/exciting. I wasnt even slightly scared by the demo. Maybe "spooky" would be a better word for this game (especially at the system requirements hehe). Peace,
avirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 03:45 PM   #26
Kev1

I played the fear single player demo, but only to where I ran into a few enemy guys in one building. I don't know, but I didn't really like it. Some spooky parts seemed ok tho. I don't know, I guess Ill have to play more of the demo and see if it improves.

Would also have to change the controls somewhat, because the default ones seem weird except for wasd and mouse settings.
Kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 04:12 PM   #27
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Because it was repitious and the enemies were dumb as doornails. Oh must I mention also that to scare you it had to constantly use the "watchout for the enemy behind you" trick. If Doom3 had better AI and didn't use cheap tricks it would have been better, I never had a problem with the lack of open areas but atleast they could have made the areas look somewhat different more often...
I must say... I agree with you on the cheap tricks thing but I don't agree on the AI. They are monsters and zombies, they aren't supposed to be highly trained in hand to hand combat and other combat situations. They're friggin monsters!

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 04:26 PM   #28
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
I must say... I agree with you on the cheap tricks thing but I don't agree on the AI. They are monsters and zombies, they aren't supposed to be highly trained in hand to hand combat and other combat situations. They're friggin monsters!
OH! So just because they're monsters, they're stupid huh?

YOU ARE A RACIST!
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 04:47 PM   #29
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Reported to the ACLU. See you in court you damn bigot!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 05:57 PM   #30
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Well, I just went and put in my preorder for the $54.99 Director's Cut Edition! Since playing the MP demo on my new rig (7800GT + FEAR = :drool: ), it's gotten me completely wanting to play the SP portion. Hope it's worth the hype!!!!!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 03:06 AM   #31
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avirox
Doom3 wasnt about the AI. And for environments.. I surely hope you've played to see the hell levels! When i saw those I knew that doom3 would be one of my favorite games of all time. FEAR is nice with it's "run through office complexes killing s**t yay" but I thought the MP was much more fun/exciting. I wasnt even slightly scared by the demo. Maybe "spooky" would be a better word for this game (especially at the system requirements hehe). Peace,
Something just got to me, I think maybe it was how I timed through the game. Like right at the beginning, down your first set of ladders, I went to pick up the amo/health thing in the corner, turned around and there is a little girl running across my path giggling. I've watched 3 people play through the demo since and that didn't happen to any of them. The way the breahting speeds up creates genuine panick, its well done.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 07:49 AM   #32
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
OH! So just because they're monsters, they're stupid huh?

YOU ARE A RACIST!
I retract that comment entirely

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-05, 09:49 AM   #33
Darkoz
lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
Something just got to me, I think maybe it was how I timed through the game. Like right at the beginning, down your first set of ladders, I went to pick up the amo/health thing in the corner, turned around and there is a little girl running across my path giggling. I've watched 3 people play through the demo since and that didn't happen to any of them. The way the breahting speeds up creates genuine panick, its well done.
That's the first time I saw that little girl also.
I wasn't expecting it as I turned around I just got a glimpse of her and heard the giggling, I couldn't climb up that ladder quick enough.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 10:17 AM   #34
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

I remember exclaiming "GNYEEEARGH! *explicitive* this, ladder!"
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 11:28 AM   #35
Lfctony

FEAR is out early in Canada. Damn Canucks!
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-05, 11:33 AM   #36
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
Yea my heart completely stopped when that happened...

Only time that has ever happened to me in a game before was in Doom 3 when you look in the mirror.

Freaky stuff
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote