Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-15-05, 12:10 AM   #1
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler Green demo

http://www.fileplanet.com/157814/150...-the-Dead-Demo

Downloading now, looks like it takes place before the movie... hoping it will hold me over until a City of the Dead demo or something .

EDIT: Hmmm... supposed to be Fiddler's Green... but whatever :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 12:21 AM   #2
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler Green demo

Did you see the screenshots ?? it looks horrible!
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/landof...d/screenshots/

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 12:32 AM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Hah yeah... but I love George A. Romero stuff... so I had to try it... and I know at least one other on here that does... so I figured I would let others know incase they wanted to try it....

Anyway, I just played through it and I enjoyed it... the graphics are rather poor, but I don't care because I am killing zombies . The movement is rather slow though, but I enjoyed popping some zombies heads off and I think the game will be worth the budget title price when it comes out.
Old 10-15-05, 12:36 AM   #4
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

I'll get this demo - but later. I have to go out to Dinner now. Gotta love Romero Zombies. So, so, so, good.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 01:01 AM   #5
GamerGuyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Did you see the screenshots ?? it looks horrible!
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/landof...d/screenshots/
George Romero's movies have never been about big budgets and great CG special effects - thats not what made them popular. Why should the game be any different? Besides, the game is a port of the Xbox version (hell the demo is the exact same as the Xbox demo).

Oh and Mr. Hunt I don't know if you know this already but there is a run command in the game.

Quote:
Gotta love Romero Zombies. So, so, so, good.
Oh yeah!

Quote:
Fiddler's Green... but whatever :\.
EDIT: Oh come on! Haven't you seen the movie!?

[url="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=35216"]Folding for Team# 35216 : NvNews + OSNN + SP[/URL]
GamerGuyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-05, 01:06 AM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingLordX
EDIT: Oh come on! Haven't you seen the movie!?
Yeah, but it was so long ago and I simply forgot...
Old 10-15-05, 02:21 AM   #7
TierMann
Bite my shiny, metal @ss!

I had to use RunFirst otherwise it exits with it's own error message about "Negative delta time!" but after that it ran fine. I noticed that it didn't register headshots which was annoying since I'm trying to kill zombies with limited ammo.
Other than that it was fun.

The DVD should be out on tuesday, btw. I'm getting the widescreen unrated version, weeee!
Athlon XP 3000+ | ECS KM400M2 3.0 | 512mb DDR333 | PNY 5200 Ultra
TV-Tuner | Silver Aspire X-Qpack w/Windows | WinXP MCE 2005 | 200Gb Storage
DVD Collection -- MySpace
TierMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 12:14 AM   #8
OWA

Yeah, I was surprised I had to do that since I've applied the dual-core fix. Anyway, the game was fun for about 15 minutes or so. Not sure I'd buy this one though.
OWA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-05, 01:45 AM   #9
Greg

The demo was somewhat fun. It's a shooter with limited ammo and variety of weapons. The challenge is to conserve ammo and distance yourself from zombies to take aimed shots, particularly taking off their legs to slow them down etc.

What caused me pain was a) The terrible mouse acceleration model. If you move the mouse real slow, it doesn't move at all, or moves erraticly. If you move steadily and stop, the cursor can actually move back in the opposite direction. I went back to Windows just to check my mouse was working properly. and b) the white, low contrast gamma. The screen always looked washed out for some reason, no matter what you do with the gamma/brightness setting.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 06:06 AM   #10
Subtestube
Anisymbolic

I thought this was pretty fun, but nothing too amazing. Shooting zombies was cool, as you'd expect, and I thought it played well enough. That said, it was sometimes quite hard to see what was going on. Meh, I'm unlikely to buy it when it first comes out, but once it's a really budget title, I'll probably pick it up. Good for a laugh.
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 09:19 AM   #11
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

I love laying em out with the lead pipe!
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-05, 10:23 AM   #12
adv1
---

Feels very much like one of the zombie mods for Unreal Tournament or Half-Life.

It's fun for a few minutes but I definitely wouldn't bother buying the full game.
adv1 is offline   Reply With Quote